[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is something that I can weld and manufacture and sell that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: miller-maxstar-stl.png (559KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
miller-maxstar-stl.png
559KB, 800x800px
What is something that I can weld and manufacture and sell that is made of thin gauge stainless steel to start a small business and get the money ball rolling?
>>
Water bottles for rich hippies? Laser etch a tree or something on it and use some buzzwords, maybe some fear mongering.
>>
If you're gonna try manufacture stuff you will need to be doing runs of a thousand to make any money.
Some chink in a factory will work 20 hours a day in some factory doing the same spot weld over and over for a cup of rice a day.

Have a go making "chimneys" for lighting BBQ coals. Be prepared to spend up to a full day finishing just one and sell it for $20.

If you want to make money then do repair work, stainless hand rails or exhaust systems
>>
Make stuff the mass-manufacturers in some shitsville 3rd world don't touch- something artistic
Little stuff like candlesticks, lightshades, pot plants and even a really nice kitchen knife holder etc

Have a look at what's popular and throw a spin on it. Styles like Art Deco always look shit hot in stainless and brass
>>
Make something that is almost always custom work. My friend who works as a welder spends his free time welding custom pootanks for boatowners who are installing a toilet system into their boats. Every tank has custom dimensions so he can charge a custom premium on them, he welds a tank in about 2 weekends and only works on them maybe 4h per weekend. He buys the materials from the company he works at for dirt cheap and makes about 300€ profit per tank.
>>
Slightly unrelated but how big of a welder do I need to weld higher carbon steels? This may not be the right way to word my question but basically I was looking at stuck welders on Craigslist and kept seeing where some of the cheaper ones would say it was for welding mild steel. What is the difference?
>>
Luxury ductwork
>>
>>1045726
http://www.flamingsteel.com/small-art-work.php
>>
>>1045726
Gun Magazines. There's plenty of old guns that people simply can't get magazines for them.

For me personally, there's new guns being shipped into the US and people simply aren't making aftermarket magazines for them.

I'd pay $50-$100 for 1 magazine personally in the larger/exotic gun magazines. I wouldn't do that for the magazines with huge competition though of course like ar15 in 223 or ak47 in 7.62X39. Maybe a ak47 in .223 though.
>>
>>1045823

The size/amperage of a welder only determines how thick you can weld. The rest is in the electrode. As long as the machine can do both AC and DC, you can weld any steel with almost any electrode. If it has AC, DC, and TIG capability (which comes with a couple extra adjustments), you can weld anything that can be welded.
>>
Take old stereos and speakers and box them in the stainless steal and sell has overpriced boom boxes.
>>
>>1045726
>stainless steel
>posts a picture of a fucking stick welder
I hope you like grinding and buying scotch brite.
>>
>>1046045
You realize wood is used for acoustic reasons, right?
>>
>>1046048
It's both stick and TIG capable, ya bird brain.
>>
Replacement BBQ ash drawers
>>
Talk to bricklaying and tuckpointing companies and make custom chimney caps for them. They usually run a few hundred a piece because people's chimneys are never the same and a custome cap is usually always needed.
>>
>>1045841
jesus thats shit. it's just tools with brazed copper wire all over it making them useless, literally garbage. 150 bucks for a steel ball with melted copper that looks like the thing blew a load on it. and hes selling it too. i hate him because hes better than me
>>
>>1046050
Home speakers in box with stainless steel glued over it
>>
Visit the weldingweb and Miller forums for all the answers you seek.

Yes, really, including any aspect of business.

If you get into sanitary stainless TIG you can repair restaurant equipment and make good money. Maxstars are popular for that.
>>
>>1046559
Interesting proposition, looking into it right now.

Tanx bro--we really are bros here at DIY, the most underrated board of all time.
>>
>>1045823
>>1045878
also important for anything that makes money is duty cycle.
If your welder overheats after 10 minutes of work and needs to cool off for at least 30 minutes, you wan't get much shit done. Look for a used, but quality machine, but beware of stuff that will cost too much to keep running.
>>
>>1047317
Welding machines and processes are answers to specific questions of what PRECISELY you want to weld. None of that 4chan posting custom shit with no details flies with real welding forums so end the fuck now. You will thank be later.

Weldingweb. Miller forums. Not here, go there, you'll see why. Posts are answered pretty quickly but searching is the 99-percent solution.

Ample info on buying new and used machines lives there. Ample info on what processes to use lives there.
>>
>>1045726
small moonshine stills id say you could sell them for 300-400
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.