[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So just bought a new house and there's a ton of yard work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (13KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 263x192px
So just bought a new house and there's a ton of yard work that needs to be done, thing is our lawn mower, chainsaw, hedge trimmer, and weed wacker haven't turned on in a year or two, is there anything I need to do in order to ensure that they function properly? I'm pretty sure the fuel that was in them a year ago still is, is that an issue? Should I clean it out somehow? Any advice would be great. Thanks.
>>
soak the carbs in carb cleaner

after every season drain the fuel and pump out whatever the primer shoots out

you may have to replace the diaphragms
>>
>>1045530
Cool, thanks. Shouldn't be too hard. Do I need to do that on all the equipment that has sat for a while?
>>
First drain the gas out of them
Stick some fresh gas in them and see if they will get going.
Most likely they will start running really shity at first but as the fresh gas works through them they will run fine.

If the fresh gas fails to get it going then worry about taking it apart and cleaning.
>>
>>1045533
So I guess I'll do that first and just let them run for a few minutes before I actually try to use them. Thanks, I'm taking note of all this!
>>
check them spark plugs as well
>>
>>1045529
Drain fuel out of anything 2 stroke.
The oil starts to break down instantly, after a year its worthless- you're running an engine with zero lubrication.
If its 4 stroke and will fire with the fuel run it.

I honestly would pull anything apart unless theres an issue at this point.
>>
>>1045598
*I wouldn't pull anything apart in less theres an issue at this point.
>>
Things to buy:
>SAE30 oil
>spark plugs
>fresh gas

Make sure you replace the above.

The thing that got my $20 pawn shop special lawn mower running was pulling the brass screw out of the bottom of the carb and cleaning the little holes with a piece of wire. I spent 9001 hours pulling on that piece of shit and all it needed was a piece of wire pushed through that screw.

Also buy a can of starter fluid. Don't use it on 2 strokes though.
>>
Oil well! Use olive oil because it isn't toxic
>>
>>1045603
>Also buy a can of starter fluid. Don't use it on 2 strokes though.

Why? Genuinely don't know. I have a little toro push mower that after sitting for some time I used starting fluid in it.
>>
Pull the spark plug and pour a small amount of diesel into the hole. Let it sit overnight.

This is so there is enough lubrication before starting. And to free up the movement without causing more damage to the bore, if for some reason the piston is stuck.

The engine will smoke a bit after starting.

Also drain all old fuel and replace with new.

Before you put it away for the winter, I suggest you pour diesel into the spark plug hole again.
>>
>>1046950
>Why? Genuinely don't know.
Two strokes rely on oil and fuel for lubrication, and ether has no lube. A puff won't hurt in the real world, but don't fucking drown the engine.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.