[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just moved into an apartment 3 days ago. So far I have spotted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: AmericanRoachLg.jpg (36KB, 600x436px) Image search: [Google]
AmericanRoachLg.jpg
36KB, 600x436px
So I just moved into an apartment 3 days ago. So far I have spotted 2 roaches. I came to discover the last tenant was a fucking slob.

I've sprayed every perimeter inside and tomorrow I'm gonna put 6 to 10 traps out. Is there anything else I can do?

It's an above garage apartment so I was gonna ask the landlord to spray down the building as well.
>>
boric acid I think and some of this https://www.amazon.com/Dupont-Advion-Cockroach-Roach-Plunger/dp/B004408EUA
>>
The best possible thing to do is bomb the place
You will never get all of them with just traps. Remove any cardboard boxes you have in the place as well, they like to eat the glue in them and they are perfect hiding places.
>>
>>1045503

Thanks just bought some
>>
>>1045510

Don't think bombing the place is an option.

I cleaned the fuck out of it though when i first rented it. Like cleaned everything.
>>
>>1045444

Being a slob will definitely attract them but there are many other things that could bring them in. I lived in a shit apartment in Louisiana and there was a pond on the grounds that ran the length of the complex. Roaches were everywhere and the apartment exterminators didn't do shit. It was hard to afford at the time but I bought the most expensive bait I could find (Combat brand) and the most effective non-license spray I could find. I put the bait traps everywhere and sprayed all entrances (door frames, vents, windows, etc.) and anything outside that could absorb the spray (lattice work around my patio for instance). I did that every three months for a year and never saw a damn roach in my apartment again.
>>
>>1045444
thats what you get from moving into turkey
>>
>>1045444
Bring one cup of water to a boil. As soon as its boiling add two cups of sugar and 34 tablespoons of borax laundry additive.

Bait it in shallow yogurt lids or something similar. Leave underneath cabinets, under the stove against the back of the wall, on the countertop against the backsplash and anywhere near where you've seen them.

As to helping things, everything goes in sealed containers, flour, sugar, throw away the cardboard boxes to things like cereal.

Wipe down the counters and table after every meal. Do not let dishes sit. Only eat in the kitchen. Vacuum regularly. And get a swiffer sweeper type product and wet mop the floor daily. (I just use a wash cloth in there instead of the refill packs)

Keep the baits topped up so that there's a constant supply of food. Youll start seeing dead and dying roaches in 2 days.

Dont try and make it "more effective" by adding more borax, they'll just reject the bait.
>>
File: hell.jpg (25KB, 300x176px) Image search: [Google]
hell.jpg
25KB, 300x176px
>>1045444
Try a heavy cleaning inside the tubes, anon...

Put some creolin (http://www.ebay.com/p/oakhurst-creolin-deodorant-cleanser-16oz-concentrate-creolina/1400513826?_trksid=p2047675.l2644) inside the sink and manholes - and close. That shit has an extremely strong smell, so take it easy: use it during the day and open the windows (or mix with water, if you feel it's too intense). Cockroachs nests and other verms will die immediately.

Then... put some traps outside just to kill the survivors left.

In general, if there's cockrouchs around, specially during the day, it's a bad sign: maybe there is a nest somewhere to kill (inside a tube, a manhole, trash in the sink...). Try to take a look carefully.
>>
File: 1470809029967.jpg (48KB, 513x396px) Image search: [Google]
1470809029967.jpg
48KB, 513x396px
>>1045525
Wat
>>
>>1045503
Advion is expensive but literally the best thing for these fuckers. You'll never get them all to be honest but it sure kills whatever comes near it. The goal is to find the nest and put some advion there. So take a second and follow one back to where the rest might be. Also consider all your electronics garbage since that's where they like to burrow.
>>
I would just move out if the landlord didn't have it cleaned before you left them most likely they never will or will have someone spray only the basic simple amount. Even if the rent is cheap is that really worth it? It's an apartment so most likely everyone has roaches. So you might get rid of some the later they get more.
>>
Diatomaceous earth if you want something non-chemical. It takes longer to work because it basically gouges the exoskeleton of any bug that crawls through it and they dehydrate to death.
>>
>>1045828
>Diatomaceous earth if you want something non-chemical. It takes longer to work because it basically gouges the exoskeleton of any bug that crawls through it and they dehydrate to death.

Exactly, but, if you have pets, buy food grade diatomaceous earth flour. It is safe for pets and human consumption and works just the same. Sprinkle on carpet or even animal coats!
>>
>>1045586
This this this except I'd use a better bait than Borax. There is one roaches will take back to their nest, forgot what it's called but I just got it at a Walmart or something. Worked great.

Sanitation is key though.
>>
>>1045444
Get a cat. I have a cat and the only roaches I see are dead ones.
>>
I work at a school and there is a guy who exterminates weekly, but we still get roaches.

On my floor I was seeing 3-4 either alive or dead on a daily basis.

I poured about a half bottle of bleach down each of the drains and I haven't seen a roach in about 2 weeks

I'm sure they'll be back, but if you keep up with it you should be fine.

Also your landlord needs to be spraying the outsides of the buildings regularly or you might be able to sue.

Try to get your neighbors to keep up their drains as well. Maybe a few traps to kill the stragglers.
>>
>>1045444
Put boric acid in the drip pan under the refrigerator thereby poisoning their main source of water. Pull out the bottom drawer/cover of the stove and blast a ton of said boric acid powder there after you clean the best you can under there.
>>
>>1045650
It's an /int/ meme. Ignore him.
>>
Aren't there legal actions you can take if you move into an apartment that's infested? At the very least the landlord should foot the bill for whatever extermination method is most effective. I agree with the other anon who said to use the Advion, though. Do like he said and wait til you see one, then follow it and see where the little fucker's nest is. Talk to the landlord, though. If he's not a slumlord he'll help you. It's in his best interest to see that this doesn't spread to other areas of his property.
>>
>>1045444
mix equal part borax with cacao and confectioner sugar. put it in bottle caps under fridge, under sofas back of clostes and cupboards. it will get rid of them faster than anything
>>
>>1045510
Roaches survive nukes m8
>>
>>1045444
use chicken powder
>>
>>1045444
I managed to kill all roaches when I moved to my new apartment. Most of them were in crates from the previous place. Can't you kill roaches with diatomaceous earth?
>>
Make them form a coup then stomp them out and flee the apartment
>>
>>1046829
no, they are resistant to radiations, not nukes
>>
>>1045586
Sorry that should read 3-4 tablespoons.
>>1046010
>better than borax

Borax is just fine. At 4% boron by atomic weight the roaches and any baiting insects will take up the sugar solution. Boron levels will accrue over a couple of days resulting in neurological toxicity.

The time span between first baiting and death allows for increased activity. Ant will signal each other with pheromones. And roaches share common travelways to food sources.
>>
>>1045444
Repaint your walls with latex paint. Roaches can't stand the fumes, they'll come crawling out into the open.
>>
>>1045444
What kind of trap do you use for cockroaches?
I live in a country where we don't have them so genuinely interested
>>
Turks
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.