[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /diy/s thoughts on this old house >No niggers on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-08-27-00-23-50.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-27-00-23-50.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
What is /diy/s thoughts on this old house
>No niggers on the show
>Teaches people how to do things
>Literally diy
>>
>>1045280
I see very little real teaching on the show. It's more ideas and interest based. Still a good show but not the same as, say, the Woodwright's Shop or something along those lines.
>>
>>1045300
Ask This Old House is more /diy/.

I've watched TOH since I was like 5 with my Dad. Still watch it. It's a good show, but yeah it's more intro to trades than a how to guide.
>>
>>1045383
I suppose but ive learned a bit in terms of plumbing and areas that I don't really have experience in
>>
I grew up watching This Old House and the New Yankee Workshop in the mornings with my mother - Prolly why I ended up here and how I am.
>>
>>1045280
>No niggers on the show
>>>/pol/
>>
Say it with me now, /diy/,

NEW
YANKEE
WORKSHOP
>>
>>1045481
Shut up cuckhold
>>
>>1045280
there is TOH and Ask TOH; both are great, if more people watched there might be less threads about "how do I go build a house in the woods"

do not care for them adding a woman, simply because they have to have a woman....also do not care for all the time wasted talking about decorating, this ain't pintrest

>>1045300
people say that all the time about Roy, not that I disagree or have a problem with that

>>1045496
norm is goat, but it stinks that he stopped making new episodes....they don't even air repeats now
>>
>>1045280
>>No niggers on the show
>>Teaches people how to do things
>>Literally diy
One of these things is not like the others
>>
This Old House is pretty much just "here are some ideas for when you remodel your colonial townhouse in New England."
>>
>>1045280
how much are those systems that the plumber guy (richard?) puts in? they always seem like the newest toys around.

silva = wizard. all his quick tricks to get measurements right
>>
>>1045511
and yet the last project was building a new manufactured home spanning 10 episodes
>>
NORM IS FUCKIN GOD. HE CAN TAKE A PIECE OF WOOD AND MAKE ANY GODDAMN THING IN THE WORLD AND IT TURNS OUT EXCELLENT!

he probably built himself a casket for when he joins the workshop in the sky
>>
>>1045280
Any idea how much those reno's cost?

I remeber there was one where they did a granny shack out of a garage and the homeowners spent like a quarter mil on it. For like 800 sqft.
>>
>>1045995

Yeah, if I had all the equipment and space that Nahm has, I could do a lot too.
>>
>>1045518
>how much are those systems that the plumber guy (richard?) puts in? they always seem like the newest toys around.

They are the newest toys. They are flagship tier priced. I imagine they (the home owners) get some discount for showing it. Plus look at the homes they are in. People are dropping 500k+ for the renovations on some of these builds. That isn't even considering they probably paid 250K+ for the run down house.

>>1046020
I wouldn't be a tiny bit surprised if some were 1mil+.

>>1047557
Big fucking talk. The dude is a master craftsman who has been doing his trade for decades. There is simply no way you are on his level. He has the equipment and space because the man gets paid a fortune to do what he does.
>>
>>1047557
STFU,you probably wouldn't even know how to turn most of the equipment on. BIH
>>
>>1045383
Those feels
>>
Woof
>>
>>1045280
Love it, just seeing what they do is entertaining.
>>
>>1045280
Its basicly product-placement for fancy new hvac systems n shit. Rich ppl watch, pay big $ for in next house/remodel. Still better than 99% of shit on tv. I like when they make them try to be funny and they all come off as awkward dads. It's endearing.
>>
>>1045481
And?
>>
>>1045481
>>1045501
>where does the term nig rig come from
>>
>>1050355
its' Afro engineering' now, please.
>PE.CEE AS FUCK.
>>
>>1045451
Don't forget HOMETIME! And Home Again with Bob Villa!
>>
>>1045280
The main show is basically Rich Peoples' Houses: The Show but it still puts forth a lot more effort to be informative about the design/construction choices than most of those other dogshit home renovation shows that everybody's mom likes to watch.

If you want the real quality, as >>1045383
said, Ask This Old House is the superior show.
>>
>>1045496
But before we start that, let's take a minute to talk about shop safety
>>
TOH has become remedial shit.

I remember TOH from the late 80's to early 90's

Those guys going into run down beat-to-shit slums around Boston, and showing the actual honest to G-d work of what it took to bring the old houses back to life

But sadly TOH has become just another "remodeling" show for rich people and product placement ads where they show an electrician screwing in a lightbulb, or a plumber tightening a leaky faucet.

It's pathetic
>>
>>1050538
>always make sure to read and follow the instructions that come with your equipment, and wear safety goggles

and yet somehow people don't do those things

>>1050550
>time to spam some crapple products!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.