[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup diy I have a fence that is about a half mile long through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1424677745695.jpg (43KB, 575x567px) Image search: [Google]
1424677745695.jpg
43KB, 575x567px
sup diy
I have a fence that is about a half mile long through the woods

I want dirt under it the entire length what poison do I use to kill everything now and forever
>>
Salt, lots of it. you may just want to learn to love nature and be its bitch though.
>>
>>1043974
salt only last a year or two I want it dead forever

motor oil only gets me about a year too
>>
>>1043952
Nothing.

There is no chemical that isn't going to wash away. Use roundup to kill it all and salt the earth. Make a pass once every other year with a spreader to re-salt.
>>
>>1043952

Radiation...

>will kill everything now and forever...
>>
>>1043992
Not unless you have a continuous powerful source close by.

Plants are thriving in the exclusion zone at Chernobyl. Also plants live off of solar radiation in the light spectrum.
>>
>>1043952
Once a year.
>>
>>1043952
that weed control fabric covered by rocks

...a half mile of that will be expensive
>>
>>1043952
Why do you want dirt under it
>>
>>1043992
radiation tends to make plants grow more rigorously and erratically, not less. plants are basically made of cancer to begin with, you can only make them stronger.
>>
>>1044033
because I dont want it covered in vines and weeds and I can just mow next to it and not need to weed eat or anything
>>
>>1044046
Plant something that will crowd out the grass.
Theres plenty of ground cover type options.
>>
Used motor oil or salt. Done. Fuck off with your cries of damaging the planet.
>>
>>1044046
Plant a cover crop or buy start cover the ground around the fence with a cover. Old boards, tarps, ground cover fabric, etc.
>>
asphalt

tar

dog/cat shit
>>
Get that black plastic foil they use for ponds. Cut in 1' stripes and lay them under your fence.
Nothing will grow through it and it lasts for decades
>>
plant knotweed every few hundred feet.
Never have to do any fence maintenance or mowing near it ever again
>>
I have heard of people using Formic acid, but be careful with that shit
>>
>>1044016
Until plant matter builds up suficiantly in the gravel to support weeds....
>>
>>1045200
Until the grass grows over the plastic...
>>
File: Fallopia_overgrows_train.jpg (397KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
Fallopia_overgrows_train.jpg
397KB, 1024x685px
>>1045248
>plant knotweed every few hundred feet.
Why didn't you suggest kudzu?

pic related:
>This antique locomotive at Beekbergen, Netherlands is overgrown by knotweed. A few years before, it was free of knotweed
>>
>>1043983
Uranium
>>
>>1043952
Kerosene, not even kidding.
>>
>>1045392
And in a few million years the earth will be gone

Can you only nag and complain? Even Hitler's Final Solution did not work, and he had more manpower than you.
>>
>>1043952
Hahahahahaa! Yes! Grats OP. U win the internet
>>
File: Man-crying-in-love-1.jpg (103KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Man-crying-in-love-1.jpg
103KB, 500x500px
>>1045248
This.

I descided not to mow my backyard this summer and hit it one time in fall with a metal bladed weedeater.

Expecting 6 foot johnson grass.

Gets 10 foot knotweed.

Mfw
>>
>>1043952
Here's what you do. You dig a trench under the fence. Fill it with rock salt, lye, used motor oil, lindane, and paint that looks like your soil color. Sprinkle some dirt on top so that it gets stuck to the paint to make it look natural.
>>
>>1045410
I fucking loled
>>
>>1045899

>ask how to kill weeds
>get compared to adolf hitler
>>
>>1043952
salt?
>>
Sixteen
>>
Find out the chemical spray the railroads use on their roadbeds
Whatever it is , it sterilizes the soil for eight to ten years .

Use safety equipment , powerful stuff .
>>
Nothing is permanent. I'd say a few spray bottles of bleach to kill vegetation, then bury salt 1 foot deep under it and then salt the topsoil. That should get you a couple years.
>>
>>1043952

Get a bulldozer, make a hill, cover with landfill liner, put fence on top.
>>
>>1049707
>I'd say a few spray bottles of bleach to kill vegetation,

not going to do anything except kill blossoms; won't kill the plant, just the flower.

we pressure wash houses with industrial strength bleach, so it's watered down quite a bit, but even when we dump some out by accident it doesn't kill anything.

roundup works, but if your place is conducive to plant growth, plants will come back with a vengeance. get used to them.
>>
Ground clear every 6 months
>>
>>1046278
plus when it rains he can watch his poison trench realize its lifelong dream of turning into a boiling river of oil coated agent orange to bring its wrath upon all vegetation and aquatic life in the tri-state area

When the EPA/DNR show up asking questions just fully succumb to the lead poisoning and make yourself retarded
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.