[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who knows how to wire a lamp? I'm thinking of making an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (3MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 2208x1242px
Who knows how to wire a lamp?

I'm thinking of making an actual lamp out of popsicle sticks, but I have no idea how to make the part that lights up. I know I need a lightbulb, but that's about it. Any sugesstions?

Pic is me. Robots can get past your captcha now.
>>
>lamp out of popsicle sticks
are you 12?

anyhow, you need a bulb socket, a switch, wire and plug
>>
I'm not 12. You're about seven years too low. But these lamps can go for up to 5000 dollars at auctions and I thought it was a cool project to try.
Thanks!
>>
>>1043561
>imagining the best case scenario for yourself

boy you got a lot to learn about how the world is going to fuck you and leave you crying in a puddle of self hate.
>>
just buy a cheapo lamp at a garage sale and gut it
>>
>>1043561
12 is the same as 19 if you don't know how lamps are wired, kiddo.
>>
File: tmp_28003-4046295371674.jpg (11KB, 302x192px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_28003-4046295371674.jpg
11KB, 302x192px
>>1043561
>But these lamps can go for up to 5000 dollars at auctions
Canned shit can go up to $100000 but you won't see me shitting in a can anytime soon, what's your point?
Anyway, get a threaded light bulb socket, get wire with plug at the end, make lamp, make hole in lamp, thread the socket to the lamp, wire socket, install lightbulb of choice, ???, profit.
And for god's sake, don't use hot glue and try not to burn your parents home to the ground.
>>
Put this tubing through the lamp base. (Cut it off to the right length ot buy shorter pieces.) The wire goes through this.
>http://www.lowes.com/pd/Portfolio-0-38-in-x-30-in-Brass-Lamp-Pipe/3659590

Secure it with nuts on each end. The bottom side of the lamp needs a cavity to hold the nut.
>http://www.lowes.com/pd/Portfolio-6-Pack-Standard-SAE-Hex-Nuts/3659646

Screw one of these on the extending tubing
>http://www.lowes.com/pd/SERVALITE-75-Watt-Black-Lamp-Socket/3379416

Put a knot in the wire inside the socket to keep any cord strain off the electrical connection.

Cut the end off an extention cord for the wire and plug.
>>
>>1043561
things are only worth as much as what idiots will pay
>>
>>1043568
>>1043583
>We'll never get our royalty's from telling the next tiffany how to build a lamp.

OP.
Goto home depot and get some 12/3 wire so you know what size hole you need.
Its confusing because sometimes its listed as 2 wires and a ground wire, sometimes it's 3 wires and a ground wire.
You want 2 wires and a ground wire.
12 gauge because it won't create enough heat through resistance to start a fire.
Look at sockets when you get the wire. Bulbs come in like 50 different types now- from standard screw in that my parents used in a couple different sizes to small sockets for HID crap.
>>
>>1043582
Nigra i been shocked a lot.

One of my best friends go his body partially melted with 440. Fuck near died.

I personally can rewire a car but i dont change a goddamn lightbulb without gloves.

Dont listen to these faggots, get a goddamn "lamp kit" at your local hardware store and follow the directions very carefully.

>popsicle sticks

Use florescent or led bulb and make sure the bulb gets air flow and space from sticks.

Dont burn your house down
Sell lamp to hipster for $5,000
Not elecrohuted.
Profit
>>
>>1043613
Breaker -> OFF
>>
File: fairy-tail-8095225.jpg (117KB, 800x1147px) Image search: [Google]
fairy-tail-8095225.jpg
117KB, 800x1147px
>>1043554
>Hello, i have no idea how this works and my only motivation and interest is really based off of a delusional scenario where i can get rich.
Browse etsy and copy shit that is viral in your own style.
>>
You're gonna electrocute yourself
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.