[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I need to strip the threads from an M22 half nut for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: hex-lock-nut-m6-513-p.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hex-lock-nut-m6-513-p.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
Hey guys, I need to strip the threads from an M22 half nut for a project I'm working on, anyone know the best way to approach this? Should I just throw it in a vice and go at it with a file? Any help would be appreciated, thank you
>>
>>1042017
couldn't you just drill them out with a bit slightly larger?
>>
>>1042021

Good tip, thanks man, any other suggestions?
>>
>>1042021
Make sure the nut is well viced though... Shit could get hairy!
>>
Put the file in the vice and the bolt into a drill, or if you have a drill press use that
>>
>>1042028
no not really try that first and if it doesn't work come back.
>>
>>1042017
couldn't you just use a couple of washers instead?
>>
Cheers lads!
>>
>>1042062

That was actually one of my first attempts but I need more weight and the nut was the next thing I found that would (kind of) fit
>>
>>1042064
What exactly are you trying to do that it requires the nut to be a certain size/weight, I ask because there might already be a solution out there, but we can't help you with the minimal info you have given.
>>
>>1042082

I'm going to fit a 22mm bearing in the center of it. Think a poorman's Torqbar, I just need something with a 22mm hole and a decent bit of weight
>>
>>1042021
>>1042032
Also, use a drill press if available, and use a low feed rate. The threads like to catch if you go too fast.
>>
Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.