[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Much thanksin advance for any anon who can answer my question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: old-from front.jpg (219KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
old-from front.jpg
219KB, 768x1024px
Much thanksin advance for any anon who can answer my question. In a new apt in shanghai china (if the colors seem weird) and want to replace a 5 switch box in the bathroom that controls an overhead fan/light/heating unit.

I'll post a few picks of the existing unit all wired up and a pic of the new, where the switches are arranged differently and are thus giving me pause. Thanks again.
>>
File: new fixture.jpg (245KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
new fixture.jpg
245KB, 768x1024px
that's the old. This is the replacement. I'm a dumbass with this stuff and I just need to know where to put the wires.
>>
File: old-from left.jpg (203KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
old-from left.jpg
203KB, 768x1024px
some more pics of the old
>>
File: old-from right.jpg (173KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
old-from right.jpg
173KB, 768x1024px
>>
>>1041358
Here's my advice: Both to keep the rewiring simple and to keep the switch functions in the same locations, see if you can move the individual switch modules around in the new panel to match the old panel. Then its (almost) a matter of wiring the new panel to match the old panel.

'Almost' because that one switch in the new panel has five terminals whereas in the old panel it has six. That's OK, because the position on that switch in the old panel is unused. In the new panel, they just didn't put it in.

Can you switch off the breaker in the main panel that feeds this circuit? That is going to be a big help in your rewiring this without electrocuting yourself.
>>
>>1041494
Yeah. cutting the breaker is no problem. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>1041358
electrician here

DISCLAIMER: I am in the USA and have zero knowledge of Chinese rules and regulations when it comes to electrical wiring.

The factory (red) wiring should obviously be left alone. If I saw this in the US I would determine the following: The white is your neutral, the black is your line and the brown/orange/yellow are switchlegs used to turn the light/fan/heater on.

In the US, we use Black/Red/Blue to signify low voltage (120V) and Brown/Orange/Yellow to signify high voltage, therefore we commonly use the "wrong" color as our switch legs so it reduces confusion about which is the hot and which is the switch leg.

Can't tell about the color of the screws and your new device, but (again...in the US) silver screw = neutral, 3 matching gold = switch leg, one darker (maybe lighter) gold = hot.

Hope this helps.

I've never bought a device that didn't come with a wiring diagram btw.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.