[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure how interested you guys will be in this but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Paint_can.jpg (20KB, 300x319px) Image search: [Google]
Paint_can.jpg
20KB, 300x319px
I'm not sure how interested you guys will be in this but since it is related to DIY I thought you guys might like to hear it.

Earlier this year I was at a three day industry convention in Vegas, I'm from the UK and this was my first time there, on the first night there was a dinner show, the guy sat next to me also turned out to be a Brit and he worked for a very large paint company, jokingly I asked him why they still sold paint in cans when they were such a pain in the arse to pour paint out of, his reply floored me, he told me that there had been a plan about 15 years ago to switch to 2 litre plastic bottles, the same kind coke uses, they were just as strong, cheaper to produce and buy, and you could shake the paint instead of stirring it easily enough up to two litres, there was even a gravity + motorised painting system developed to work with a roller/brush kit, but the whole thing was dropped because it was discovered that they would sell less paint in bottles than cans because a large percentage of their trade comes from people having to buy fresh paint because the old paint has gone bad in the can, and this wouldn't happen as much with bottles!!
>>
I use(d) laundry detergent bottles for paint

nice wide mouth, tight fitting screw cap, readily available, and lots of sizes
>>
Cool story mate

But yeah, sounds plausible.
>>
>>1041353
I've used cleaned up PET soft drink bottles to store paint and its better than cans that get all the scum around the rim where the lid fits on.
>>
>>1041353
>it was discovered that they would sell less paint in bottles than cans because a large percentage of their trade comes from people having to buy fresh paint because the old paint has gone bad in the can, and this wouldn't happen as much with bottles!!

Bullshit. There would actually be more paint waste with bottles, as you'd have to pour out the paint into another container because you can't get a fucking brush into a bottle.

Cans are also better because:
Easily stacked on top of each-other
You can pour paint out from a can using one hand without making a fucking mess.

>>1041366
>cans that get all the scum around the rim where the lid fits on.
Punch small drainage holes inside the channel of the can. No more scum.

Conclusion:
It was all an elaborate ruse, you silly nigger.
>>
>>1041379

All I can say anon is that the guy worked for the biggest paint supplier in the UK (his company name was even on his seating card) and that he seemed serious in what he told me.

I don't claim to be a paint can expert but I've thrown my fair share of old paint away over the years because it's gone bad in the can, and I don't think the same would be true if it was sold in bottles, also I usually end up pouring my paint into another container to use it anyway, the majority of the paint I've used is emulsion paint which typically I paint on the walls with a roller.

>Easily stacked on top of each-other
They seem to have no trouble stacking plastic coke bottles at the supermarket.

>You can pour paint out from a can using one hand without making a fucking mess

Not with 10 litres of emulsion, I've resorted to using disposable plastic cups to dip into the can to pour it into the paint tray, I wouldn't need to do that with a bottle, but even with the cup you then have a paint covered cup to dispose of, more pain in the arse.

Also you seem really salty about something that is a pretty lighthearted subject, do you work at a paint can factory!?
>>
>>1041353
>a large percentage of their trade comes from people having to buy fresh paint because the old paint has gone bad in the can

That sort of explains a lot of things in this world anon, thanks for the info.
>>
>>1041379
What kind of mongoloid contaminates his paint by sticking the brush directly into the can?

>drain holes
So know you have wet paint dripping down the side of the can?

Typical contractor.
Messy and shit quality work because of shit habits.
>>
>>1042964
No, now you have wet paint dripping inside the can... but your seal isn't as good anymore.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.