[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, this is my truck, a Ford Ranger 2000 and i want to upgrade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

Hi guys, this is my truck, a Ford Ranger 2000 and i want to upgrade all the accesories, the engine and even repaint... i cant find any nice hacks for ford ranger trucks, neither the engine diagram... can u help me?
thanks in advance
>>
File: Capture.png (466KB, 687x302px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
466KB, 687x302px
>>1041047
1. rip that piece of shit engine out of there
2. get a 5.0 and trans from a mustang
3. img related
>>
Or for some real power go 2.3 turbo.
>>
Replace your one with a Ranger T6 or the all-new one.
>>
Go to http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php and all your Ford truck questions will be answered at any needed level of detail.

Think before you change shit and ask after lurking about the tradeoffs in any modification. Rangers are easy to work on, parts are plentiful and aftermarket support is excellent.
>>
>>1041054
>
I just need a good performance, not a race machine...
also i think looks better in red
>>
>>1041065
thanks, just what i need
>>
>>1041070
Engine swaps may be problematic in your state, so find out on the FTE forums what's cool and what is not.

You will probably be best off fixing anything that's worn, ensuring engine is in good shape (replace timing belt and idler if high mileage), and learning basic paint and bodywork.

A common stupid noob mistake is trying to do too much when a replacement different truck is best call if want drastically different results than current truck provides. The 2.3 is not fast but lasts forever. There are some worthwhile mods. See forums for those, it's why I posted the link. You will like.

Here's another good one:

http://www.therangerstation.com/
>>
File: FB_IMG_1471012879053.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471012879053.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>1041054
>THIS.

Bonus points for DOHC turbo coyote out of a cobra mustang.

Bonus points for IRS from mustang.

Shade tree mechanic show or 2 guys garage or somesuch did a project rolling thinder maybe? Was a mazda b2300 (ie ford ranger) with a 4.6 from a crown vic.

My crown vic runs good and they cheap if u cant afford a blown bigblock.

For drastic savings u can get a rear sump or dual sump oil pan and throw a carbeurated 351 windsor in it.

As far as paint goes one of my best frie ds us a pinstriper and in truckin' magazine and shit all the time.

I can hook u up if your serious.

He knows world class painters too.

>Pic related Ahhhh tiktikitiki.
>>
File: image.png (271KB, 500x287px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
271KB, 500x287px
>>1041047
Hands down best modification i did to mine. Rip out cd player and vents. Gut all bullshit in the way. Unbolt black plastic box off of the inside of the firewall. Cut box open.

DESOLDER GODDAMN PIEZO BUZZER

reinstall.

>mfw
>>
What are you expecting from us?
>>
File: T022100.gif (95KB, 600x757px) Image search: [Google]
T022100.gif
95KB, 600x757px
Well anon I have no clue what model you drive so thats not very much help. So I'm just going to drop some diagrams I found googleing
>>
File: 0996b43f80211a03.gif (184KB, 1000x1209px) Image search: [Google]
0996b43f80211a03.gif
184KB, 1000x1209px
>>
Yeah so I guess I hope this helped. Try putting in more details when you ask for car help next time fampie
>>
>>1041047
It's a fucking beater beaner mini truck. Same shit I drove in high school.
Rip all upholstery out, cut out every last piece of metal/plastic you don't need for safety or personal comfort. Then put shag carpet in everywhere.
>Maximize yo space and dat weight reduction.
LED interior lights in place of old busted shit. Add a screen. EL wire for piping on the doors.
I had 3 12's nigger blasting in the back of my extended cab too, but I think the games changed now.
>>
God I miss my ranger.....

Is it 4wd or 2wd? The first upgrade I made was swap in an explorer rear end for disc brakes, a higher rear end ratio and an LSD. It made a massive difference while driving. It was also a manual transmission so YMMV
>>
by a repair manual or a factory service manual. Random exploded mechanical drawings are not useful if you want to rebuild something as complicated as an engine.
>>
>>1041445
Again I have no clue what model he has because they fitted that model with 5 different engines. If OP tells me which one he has it'll make looking for a shop manual that much easier
>>
Rip out engine, replace with surplus jet engine starting motor (will cost as much as the truck but worth it). Mount a generator in a box in the back. Batteries are a scam.
Build custom power controller.
Enjoy hundreds of mpgs.
>>
https://manuals.co/workshop/ford/ranger
>>
File: 2016-Ford-Ranger-NCI.jpg (43KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Ford-Ranger-NCI.jpg
43KB, 800x571px
If you go to Google and search '2016 ford ranger', follow the link to the ford website and it'll tell you how to go about upgrading it.

>In b4 muh budget

Don't even waste you're time and money on a depreciative rusty pickup.
>>
>>1042289
>pigfat shit truck that isnt even for sale in the US of A

Get the fuck out of here.
Compact trucks should be compact, not the size of an RV.
>>
>>1041047
>Hi guys, this is my truck, a Ford Ranger

>>1042289
2016 ford ranger

>>1042290

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say. It's the same model truck.
>>
>>1041135
Agreed, but isn't there an easier way to get to that fucker?
>>
>>1041047
Truck value isn't worth the work anon!
>>
>>1042290
NB4 ranger used to be a trim package
>>
File: autism_speaks_cover.jpg (20KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
autism_speaks_cover.jpg
20KB, 245x300px
>>1042418
Rip out entire dash?

I dunno, but after some research and a 2 hour trip (fucker had a short and was on with the key) i was ready to pull over and light a match.

Never 1 problem after unsolder asside from fucking vents leak cause (muh foam trim piece need not apply.)

Not really that difficult tho.

I highly recomend doing it.

Fucking dingers.

My goddamn car dings so much i tune it out and leave my lights on sometimes.

>Key is in ignition dingding
>door is open ding
>seatbelt diiiiing
>OMFG MUH WASHERFLUIED IS PERPETUALLY DRY BUCAUSE IT DOESNT WOOOOOOORK DINGDINGDINGDINGDING!

legit wired 3 dashpad solar chargers to another battery in the trunk temporarily and leave the key on 24/7 in a futile effort to wear out the dinger.

>mfw

Anyone know who to rip the dash out of an 02 crown vic?
>>
>>1043644
Maybe there is a way to cut the wires to the dinger but leave it in place, have you got a wiring diagram?!
>>
>>1043644
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Z0T419cqE
>>
>>1041047
Thus bein a murrican Engine you dont need a Diagramm, a Hammer is enough
>>
>>1041047
hahah You're going to be paying enough money fixing the damn thing every 2 months. Your heads are gonna go and your break lines are gonna go soon. Also your muffler is going to fall off in the middle.
>>
>>1044901
which types of trucks like this are reliable? im trying to get an 90s or 2000s 4 cylinder pickup.
>>
>>1042292
You don't understand what you're talking about, fuck off. No more than $2,000 should be spent on a truck that isn't your daily driver. No fucking reason to spend $30,000 for a piece of equipment you could have for half a month's salary that does the same shit. And if you can't maintain a truck from the 90's, or if you buy one that has frame rust like a fucking retard, you deserve everything bad that ever happens to you.

And why the fuck is this thread not on /o/ the truck community is the only part of /o/ that actually knows about cars.
>>
>>1044985
mazda B series or toyota
>>
>>1045034
>mazda B series
its the exact same fuckin thing. the only difference between a ranger and a b series is the badges.
>>
>>1045002
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.