[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asked on /g/ but they know nothing about electronics, only about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 4

File: you ass bee.png (13KB, 676x379px) Image search: [Google]
you ass bee.png
13KB, 676x379px
Asked on /g/ but they know nothing about electronics, only about posting desktops for some shitty nerfed OS.

I have one of those random pc-ps3-360 steering wheels, without pedals (usb).

I recently got a pair of pedals from the thrustmaster ferrari 458 rw set. The jack was cut off, but from what I gathered it wasn't usb, but some bullshit "t-rj12" format like those in phones.

The color of the four wires is the same as the one to the right, but orange is more like piss yellow and blue is baby blue. How do I know which cable does which?

I know rewiring to usb would work, because I did find sort of successful combinations except it only worked digital which defeats the purpose, or when it worked analog both pedals on the z-axis would brake.
>>
>>1040451
1. Your thread was bad and you should feel bad. You came to us going 'fix it /g/!' and then got pissy when we told you to fuck off.
2. That picture is wrong. PS/2 and USB are thoroughly incompatible. There are some devices that can detect USB and switch over to USB or vice versa, but those are outliers and not the norm.
3. The RJ-12 standard is just a connector. It has jack shit to do with what's actually going on in the controller. You would know this if you actually googled your problem.
4. Pedals are not USB. They're just signals either from a switch or a pot. Plugging them in to USB like a retard won't work.

t. /g/
>>
File: the thing.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
the thing.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>1040557

When I say it works, I mean it. It does work, I connect it to the wheel which has got a regular ass usb port meant for pedals, it detects it and they work as expected. I am not hooking them straight to the pc.

The problem is there's six wires, two of which stay on the inside (bridge with red and black) and the other four go to the outside (you can see from the pic where they are on the inside).

Right now I'm just keeping the cpl open with project cars in the background, alt tabbing as I try different wire combinations in real time. If both pedals brake or accelerate I go back to the desktop and try again.

So far I only got them to work well in digital mode, which is absolutely useless unless you only play Outrun. Before you ask: yes, it does definitely support analog, I've seen it happen and I checked the signal. Except, when I saw it both pedals were braking. Recalibrating does not do a thing.

Google does not help because it doesn't have a clear picture telling you which wire does which and how to rewire to usb, because most people with such thrustmaster pedals just buy the adapter and plug them up to the pc, which is not what I want to do.
>>
File: autismincreased.jpg (16KB, 680x299px) Image search: [Google]
autismincreased.jpg
16KB, 680x299px
>>1040557
>>1040588
>>
File: 1391379754743.jpg (50KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
1391379754743.jpg
50KB, 500x362px
>>1040557
>It has jack shit
i see what you did there
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.