[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help building a home-made plasma car. I'm an Electronics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 800px-PlasmaCar.jpg (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
800px-PlasmaCar.jpg
80KB, 800x600px
I need help building a home-made plasma car. I'm an Electronics Engineering student but this subject I'm in is Mechanics, so, I don't have the knowledge to build this project. Can anybody help?
>>
If anybody has a some sort of blueprint, that would really help. I'm going to try to make it with wood.
>>
Looks pretty straightforward. Get some caster wheels. Buy a dowel for the steering column. Buy a 2 x 8 board or wider. Cut out a square. Then cut holes in the square for the steering wheel. Maybe use a 2x12 for the body. That should get you started.
>>
File: moto_car_031.jpg (42KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
moto_car_031.jpg
42KB, 400x395px
>>1040436
You've gone mad, anon. If you proceed with this foolishness you will surely die
>>
>>1040463
Well, there's something that concerns "angles" when dealing with the wheels. I don't get that part.
>>
File: 1363098050634.jpg (22KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1363098050634.jpg
22KB, 500x322px
I don't know why plasma cars have the fifth wheel all the way in the front... The toys I've seen like this just had the front wheels mounted with a few inches of trail.

If the very front wheel was a caster wheel, then it would make sense. In the video I found, it looks like it's fixed straight-ahead tho.

>>1040438
>If anybody has a some sort of blueprint, that would really help. I'm going to try to make it with wood.
The body you could make from wood easily, but I dunno if that front fork arrangement will hold up for long.
>>
>>1040436
>plasma car

I was some what excited until I saw the photo.
>>
>>1040559
Agreed anon. What the fuck is a plasma car?
>>
>>1040724
Its a small car with A GIANT PLASMA ENGINE
So, op, can you get your hands on a high powered laser? That would make this reaaaal simple.
>>
File: preview.jpg (68KB, 344x344px) Image search: [Google]
preview.jpg
68KB, 344x344px
Plasma cars are so last week.
WARP WAGONS are where it's at!
>>
>>1040762
I thought those were smart cars though......
>>
Ok op, the mid wheels push forward off the ground when the steering wheel is turned.
This happens because they are parallel with each other but not center with the steering axis.
In videos the front wheels don't appear to touch the ground except for heavy riders.

Basically as you turn the wheel, the mid wheels try and stay in place, pulling the cart forward. Take a wheel and drag it sideways at an angle, the wheel will spin a certain direction. Same thing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.