[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

soup /diy/? I recently purchased a piece of land, cleared the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 002D-7520-front-main-8.jpg (605KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
002D-7520-front-main-8.jpg
605KB, 800x600px
soup /diy/? I recently purchased a piece of land, cleared the property and have well water and septic. I've been looking around on torrents and such, trying to find a list of very easy to build homes that are up to code with USA building standards.

Blueprints are designed by engineers, and include all the details for the permit office to approve and inspect the build in progress.

I'm a project manager for a roofing company, so I have access to all the materials, tools and labor I will need.

tl;dr where can I get free blueprints for simple 1500-2000 sq ft. homes?
>>
>>1040199
No where? Who the hell is going to design you a home for free?
>>
>>1040203
I don't need custom engineered you ding dong. scanned plans from a pre-existing builder from lower priced developments would work.
>>
>>1040205
Literally three seconds off googling

http://www.thesmallhousecatalog.com/afewsmallwords/no-32-the-alberta
>>
>>1040220
not looking for tiny home plans, as the original post stated, 1500-2000 square foot minimal. I have 3 kids and a wife, but I can maybe use this and scale it up accordingly.
>>
>>1040199
Just go onto a real estate website and filter out all the houses so it only shows ones with floor plans and your desired sq ft. Should give you a good idea of your nice cookie cutter house
>>
File: pvmfhbWaterTowerBlueprint[1].jpg (286KB, 987x1505px) Image search: [Google]
pvmfhbWaterTowerBlueprint[1].jpg
286KB, 987x1505px
>>1040227
>1500-2000 square foot minimal.
np Boss.
>>
File: IMG_20160817_224724.jpg (265KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160817_224724.jpg
265KB, 2560x1440px
>>1040199
You don't need "plans".
You just need to understand code.
Most are simple.
>16" max between studs.
>hurricane straps on roof joice.

Pic related- hurricane strap on my cabin innawoods I'm posting this from.
>>
>>1040280
This. Most places don't even require their to be blueprints at all if its only a single story and under a certain square footage. You could get away with a set of floor plans that just show room sizes and such. Even then it the only person that would need that would be you to make materials estimations and such.
>>
>>1040199
Just build the skeleton the best you possibly can. Then have county come out to inspect it and write it off as good. Or tell you what needs to be fixed.

Tbh most of the time these numnuts walk around a jobsite and look for obvious things wrong. Like staircase riser heights.. Framing on center? Fireblocks.
>>
>>1040288
Yep.
Plans dont t matter.
Literally.
Even if you had plans, and made changes- as long as its to code you'd pass inspection.
>>
>>1040316
>Guy wants to build house
>Submits plan to county, they give approval
>Guy decides he wants a different house
>Builds house
>Inspector comes out
>Looks good
>30 years later, we own house
>Want to add a mother in-law unit
>+1 to bed and bath
>New total 4 bed, 3 bath
>Submit plans to county
>What are you talking about, the house is already 4 bed/3 bath
>Compare plans
>Completely different. Like not even remotely close
>House as built is 2 story 3 bed, 2 bath with a basement den/game room and a 2 car garage
>Plans say its a 2 story 4 bed, 3 bath with no den, a utility room and a 1 car garage
>As built is about 500 square feet larger than plans submitted, not counting garage space
>Also completely different layout
>County says, Eh, it passed inspection, its fine

Part 2, Electric Boogaloo
>Building mother in law unit
>Inspector comes out
>He says "Shits fine but its not built to the plans. You might want to update the county"
>Look at his plans, they are for a different addition entirely
>This is what the county gave him
>Talk to country
>Did it pass inspection?
>Yes
>Eh, we're sure its fine.
>Do you want the right plans?
>Nah, they're in here somewhere

To be fair we didn't have to pay any fees to submit plans. Only a general constriction permit and the inspection. So I guess they just don't give as shit. Its nice to live in a red state sometimes. Unless you like things like decent roads and shit.
>>
op is just trolling can't you guys tell it is so obvious
>>
just buy a bunch of sheds, take out outer walls as needed, and combine them
>>
<living in a shit state
LOL. In mine as long as your outside of city limits there is no code outside of septic. Out in "the counties" you can:
A. Build a home without permission of any sort as long as you spend less than 1000 dollars or it has no foundation (floating like a shed) or skirting
B. Get a building permit.
Thats it, they dont require plans, code or anything. The electric company only inspects up to the breaker box. Septic requires approval. Can be done by the home owner though. It sucks in my area though. Super marginal, everyone has issues with leaching to the surface. The rainy season and clay soil cause it.
>>
>>1040347
Yes but these threads have a way of providing good information to random people anyways.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.