[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

okay /diy/, so i am having this problem. a customer brings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: this.jpg (47KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
47KB, 450x800px
okay /diy/, so i am having this problem.

a customer brings me this burned up jumper, goes to a plastic injection machine.. they need a replacement ASAP.

Any clues where I can find one?
>>
>>1040092
what the fuck do you do for a living that you have no idea where to get a cable from when someone obviously thinks your an expert.

the cable is the easy part, measure the spacing between the pins and the size of the holes, search for crimp housings and find one similar, there are hundreds of different types and hundreds of different manufacturers making clones/derivatives but they are mostly exactly the same. order some crimp terminals while you are at it. oh, and a crimp tool also unless you are a bo diddley then you can just use pliers and a bit of the old soldering but be prepared to run away when it burns down again.

this doesn't solve your issue however, a burned up melted to fuck housing like that doesn't just happen, you need to treat the disease instead of the symptoms.
>>
>>1040100
i fix phones dude. and virus removal. why these people brought me this, i dont know.. tis outside the scope of what i advertise.

as for treating the cause of the issue.. let thier staff deal with that. they have electrical staff, they just must have had the day off or something.
>>
fuck you pay me
>>
>>1040103

if they need it bad you might be able to salvage it while you get the correct one.

Just grind off the 3 burnt terminals and attach the 3 fucked wires to the contacts directly

FYI it's some kind of molex connector
>>
thank you, but i did manage to find the parts on mouser. Checking out now.
>>
File: wpcscon1.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
wpcscon1.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
you'll also need to replace the burnt-to-shit pin headers on the PCB
>>
>>1040554
Seems to me that, at this point, your board is fucked too. Replacing the connector seems silly.
>>
>>1040092
You can order one online at mouser.com radio shack might have one.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.