[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi guys, i wanna build my own go kart off road, anyone here can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: muestra3183.jpg (58KB, 595x431px) Image search: [Google]
muestra3183.jpg
58KB, 595x431px
hi guys, i wanna build my own go kart off road, anyone here can recommend some page with planes?

sorry my english
>>
>>1040057
wat
>>
File: serveimage.png (149KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
149KB, 560x560px
>>1040057
http://survivethedistance.com
>>
http://www.vintageprojects.com/go-kart/go-kart-plans.html
>>
>>1040057
Not hard
make own planes
simple sense will be good enough
>>
my favorite :

http://www.coloring-book.info/coloring/coloring_page.php?id=300
>>
File: 1-qqG-Gvi_JvRThqVATwgGqA.jpg (63KB, 484x602px) Image search: [Google]
1-qqG-Gvi_JvRThqVATwgGqA.jpg
63KB, 484x602px
>>1040146
get this baby shit out of here
>>
File: grumman-f-14-tomcat[1].jpg (123KB, 850x557px) Image search: [Google]
grumman-f-14-tomcat[1].jpg
123KB, 850x557px
i havent seen any good planes in a while
>>
>>1040057
Wat
>>
>>1040057
not this guy, but OP pic makes me wonder:

Is vehicle like on pic anyhow logical and capable of delivering fun? I mean, it has no suspension at all, it's as stiff as you can get. I refuse to believe it can be anyhow useful in off-road.

On the other hand, i'd love build something like that - to put some crappy small two-stroke engine and have fun with friends in dirt/rallycross-y track. Is there anyone who had experience with this kind of vehicle? Is it really anyhow usable for casual racing on dirt track that's not intentionally bumpy, but definitely not flat and smooth?
>>
>>1042223
go-carts usually arn't meant for offroad, but for track
>>
>>1042228
Yep, that's my point. But OP pic suggest someone has tried to built go-kart for rougher terrain, so now i wonder how good idea it may be.
>>
>>1042223
I have a short kart like that
It isnt that fun, it couldnt drive in the yard. It couldnt go around the local mini bike track.

You drive it on the street. But since its a bigger vehicle, it doesnt feel that fast.
Going 20mph in it didnt feel fast at all.
Going 20mph on a mini bike made in the 60s, it feels nuts
>>
If you're going to build something more powerful for the off-road make some kind of roll cage + seatbelts.
We had a home-made off road buggy as a kids and we managed to roll quite a few times. It was all good fun since roll cage and seatbelts.
>>
File: 2728946_f520.jpg (60KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
2728946_f520.jpg
60KB, 520x390px
>>1040057

Do one of these, got no plans but it should be simple,
>>
>>1040057
Why not a dune buggy instead? My dad had one of those growing up and riding with him was infinite fun.
It still boggles the mind a bit how he managed to get it over the ridiculously rough terrain where we lived, even up hills where I thought we would flip over.
>>
File: 20160809_154945p.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160809_154945p.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
I used to own a buggy built from a VW beetle, pretty much just the steering rack/front suspension+diff, gearbox and engine, all bolted to a buggy shaped chassis, I never built it but would be really simple way to do it as you get a pretty powerful buggy and most of the hard engineering is done for you, air cooled engine with a diff and reverse is a massive bonus.

I started building a buggy for my boss about a month ago, it's kinda shit as he gave me plans but won't get everything needed, so its a buggy frame with a bullshit 200cc engine that will never go, an undersize rear axle, and tiny wheels..
it had potential once.
>>
File: 1378080673679.jpg (57KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
1378080673679.jpg
57KB, 600x402px
>>1043683
>that engine
>>
>>1043303
>>1040057
OP, maybe you should buy the frame, this shit can be really dangerous if you're bad at making them
>>
>>1043683
Any reason other than cost you used square instead of tube?
I hope you are going to put an x brace behind that seat, if you role that, you are going to die.

>dat engine
>>
>>1043972
He's a tight ass, the plans were for box frame but a tube roll cage, there was half a length of box left over from the frame, he said just use the leftovers for the cage, yeah there's a few more bits to go in, I didn't want to get too far ahead with the rear as it will be getting modified as soon as he realizes that shitty 200cc won't get it over 20kph, and that's if he can get it running, missing bits.. I'm no mechanic, if it had everything there I could probably get it running.
>>
>>1044026
>single cam
>200cc
>kickstart
>probably a chinese quad motor

that's a pile of fuck
at a minimum I'd be using an 85' honda xr 600 they had twin cams and were hemi's sporting twin carbies. they scream along.

best pick would be an old aircooled cb 750 4 engine. my dad had one on a gokart he built as a teenager and got his dad's friend too ride it... the dude who rode it came back pale as a ghost and at a really slow speed so i'm told.
>>
>>1044239
yeah this is for his 11yo son, but still, I was a bit gutted when I seen the engine, it's a pull start off a quad, but still rubbish.

the plans recommend 250 up to 1000 so it's well under spec, at least with a good engine you could limit it
>>
>>1044747
I've had one of those engines drop a valve under moderate load so I doubt it will last more than half a day before something lets go. most 600 road bikes that are approved for learners have a governor. I'm sure it wouldn't be half the hassle to put a governor in as it is to rebuild a head.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.