[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of building a little garage in this space (pic related)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 14713862946121557537148.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
14713862946121557537148.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
Thinking of building a little garage in this space (pic related) but I'm not sure if it'll be big enough. To the concrete strip is 7 feet 10 and a half inches or 2400mm.
>>
>>1039553
That's one tight ass car hold.
>>
Just extend it from the side of the house?, no need for a seperate building - is easier, bigger, better cheaper. Not seeing problem desu
>>
>>1039553
What do you plan on doing in it?
Could make a small shed fine, but it may not be worth it depending on what else you have and what you want to use it for
>>
>>1039571
Yep.
>>1039574
The house ia slightly raised off the ground (see that red brick lining on the bottom) and that room is where I sleep so it'd need a shit ton of rearranging but if I could figure something out to work with it then maybe.
>>1039581
Main concern is storing a car. I'd want to be able to do some general car maintainable and repairs but probably nothing too major where I'd have to take out the entire engine or anything. If I had to I could move the car onto the front lawn to work on it but the more I could do inside the better.
>>
>>1039601

looks like you're fucked OP. No way can you build a suitable garage in that area.

Installing a roll up or any other kinda door will take up more space. Hope you drive a Smart car.
>>
>>1039553

Isn't there a limit on how close you can build to the property line?
>>
>>1039602
Festiva currently but I see your point. Worth a shot to ask.
>>1039618
There's a few sheds right up against the fence so I don't think so.
>>
>Could your car fit in this garage?
>Can you also open the car doors once it is in there?
>Is there enough room to work on either side for foundation digging, setting forms, footings etc
>Are there limitations on property line setbacks for where you live?
>Is that fence on your actual property line? (More common than you would think for it to be wrong or have an easement agreement with the neighbor)
>>
>>1039618
>limit on how close you can build to the property line?
Setback? Generally any incorporated city/county will have requirements to not build within x amount of feet from the property line.

>>1039622
>There's a few sheds right up against the fence so I don't think so.

Sheds are usually not classified as a permanent structure and are therefore not subject to setback rules.

Regardless of any setback, you're going to have about enough room to build a fancy doghouse in the space provided. Utility easements may also come into play too. You REALLY need to talk to your city permits and planner department before you even think of drawing up any plans
>>
Such a tight space you'd be better off just going with a lean too or free standing carport and and a poured driveway. You wouldn't lose the wall space on the fence side, you'd be protected from most weather, and you could ghetto rig some tarp for temporary walls. Or go with a nice set of rolling outdoor drapes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.