[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who can help me switching an impulse relais with an arduino and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: EPN513.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
EPN513.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
Who can help me switching an impulse relais with an arduino and still keep the traditional way of using my light switches and have some sort of feedback to the arduino and back to my control software.
>>
Relais in the picture is the one I use in my setup. this gets a puls from a 24V pushbutton. using the arduino to generate this 24V puls is not so hard with a secondary relais board. but i stll need to be able to use my pushbuttons in the traditional way so there needs to be some kind of feedback once I push a button.
>>
>>1039434
>>1039435
Had to read your post like 5 times to understand, but I think i got it:
To control the pulse relays, wire the arduino-controlled secondary relays in parallel to your pushbuttons (so they will be switching the same 24V to the pulse relay).
To "sense" the relay state, I'd recommend attaching an auxiliary contact to the pulse relay (Hager EPN051 in your case), switching the Arduino's +5Vcc to one digital input (with something like a 10kOhm pull-down resistor to GND). So when the pulse relay changes state, your Din also changes state and is sensed directly. Or you could use your Arduino's pinMode() as INPUT_PULLUP to reverse this logic with no extra discrete parts (switching to ground with the auxiliary contact).
Beware though, you're mixing mains with a low-voltage appliance, which is all fun and games until someone touches the live phase.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1039434
>>1039435
Seems like English isn't your first language so I drew a picture. I think the simple solution is to replace your standard light switch with a two-pole (DPST) light switch. This allows your Arduino to see when the light is on manually, and the paralleled contacts allow the Arduino to control it with the switch off.
>>
If you want the arduino to be able to turn the light on or off regardless of the position of the switch, and the switch to be able to turn the light on or off regardless of the arduino, you need both the switch and the relay to be at least SPDT.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiway_switching#Traveler_system

If you want feedback, you could use an optical sensor to detect whether the light is on. If you want to detect the position of the installed light switch, either use a DPDT switch (with one set of contacts used for the feedback) or find a switch with a neon indicator lamp and use an optical sensor.

If you want the installed switch to be a "master" switch (so that "off means off" regardless of the arduino), connect the relay in series, between the switch and the light.
>>
>>1039768
If the switch is not a switch, but as OP said a button, then all you need is to wire the arduino relay in parallel to the button. And why not sense the pulse relay position? I expect there to be multiple switches/buttons to control a single relay, so that would be a bitch to wire properly.
>>
>>1039820
He is right ... it is a button so no SPDT or DPDT switches required.
1 light can be switched by multiple buttons, so reading at the button is no option. I need to read at the relais or have some sort of extra parts (like the auxiliary contact) to get the feedback.

>>1039473
I'm not to smart about electronics so can you explain a bit more or point me in the right direction?
Many Thx!
>>
File: arduino-relay.png (19KB, 866x609px) Image search: [Google]
arduino-relay.png
19KB, 866x609px
>>1040030
Like this (pic related). You need to buy the auxiliary contact and place it right beside the relay to mechanically connect their levers. Then it's just a matter of wiring it correctly (especially the Arduino part). You can use either a digital input pin or an analog one, and determine a suitable wiring variant:
1) use Din with internal pull-up to Vcc -> connect to auxiliary contact and switch it to Arduino GND, no extra parts needed
2) use Din without internal pull-up -> connect to Vcc and GND via a pull-down resistor (something like 10kOhm), and connect each leg of the resistor to the auxiliary contact inputs
3) use Ain with pull-up or pull-down like in 1) and 2), the wiring is the same
You need to cover the switching relay yourself, I don't know what you have at your disposal. But you should definitely switch 24V in parallel to the existing switches (just add a wire to the main realy input and switch it to +24V in pulse mode).
>>
File: Arduino_RelaisBoard.jpg (42KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
Arduino_RelaisBoard.jpg
42KB, 500x394px
>>1040054
Ok now this looks promising!
This EPN051 looks like it might work.
For the relais part i would like to use a cheap Arduino RelaisBoard ...
>>
>>1040068
I feel like we're all getting trolled when you replace the 'y' in 'relay' with an 'i'.
>>
>>1040068
Yeah that should work...

>>1040102
IKR, relais remind me of Beaujolais. Is OP French?
>>
>>1040102
I always get confused about Relais or relay
>>1040135
Op is Dutch, witch is about the same
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.