[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does diy like this stuff? Cost around $100. I plan on buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
How does diy like this stuff? Cost around $100. I plan on buying the clear coat as well. Any tips or advice? Or should I just take it back? Looked up videos on YouTube which resulted in a few videos of guys just blabbering about how they hate it. I have plenty of experience with painting and such (I'm a maintenance tech) but not really sure about this product.
>>
>>1037899
Dunno about that brand, but I put the rustoleum version down in my garage ~10yrs ago and the basement ~3yrs ago.

The garage I did the color coat and then topped it with the clearcoat+traction grit. It wore very well, it's only just now starting to chip off a bit in areas that I'd expect (right along the expansion seam of the concrete). The clearcoat does yellow in direct sunlight though so the 3/4" of the slab on the outside of the garage door looks odd. I'd have stopped the clearcoat at the door if I had known.

In the basement I just did color+chips. The chips flaked off for about a year, which was annoying but didn't really affect the finish. Even so, I'd still do the clearcoat again given the choice (I was worried about slipperiness but eh, fuck it.)

Both of the finishes do the job they needed to do exceptionally well. I can hose down the garage floor and wipe up oil spills with a paper towel. The basement is where the catbox is and if they occasionally miss the box, same story.

9/10 would recommend.
>>
Check contractors forums. I found many useful things on them consumers never know, like that "premium" elastomeric chain store roof coating is a sponge and a water trap. (Too bad I'd applied some to my shipping container, but it came off.)

Contractors know all so pick their brains.
>>
>>1037899

Epoxy floors are rad (moreso in high glass white).

Like with most finishes, surface prep is key. You'll want to rent a floor grinder and/or acid etch (muriatic acid) the floor prior to application.

The coatings also come in solid and partial mixes depending on the desired thickness and hardness.

Garage Journal has a flooring forum that is really helpful: http://garagejournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.