[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been thinking about tiny house for years, and now I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: telephone-pole-anchors.jpg (20KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
telephone-pole-anchors.jpg
20KB, 250x333px
I've been thinking about tiny house for years, and now I am actually wondering about the feasibility as opposed to the allure of it. How is electricity usually supplied to a tiny house assuming it is partially or part of the grid? Is there normally a utility pole that is erected somewhere close, or are the wires run underground? Also, what about water hookups? Specifically, how are the pipes insulated from the frost line up and into the house?
>>
>>1035904
It's all done like a regular house, there's no tiny utilities to match your tiny house.
>>
>>1035904
Are you actually wanting to know how to get utilities for a house on your own land?
>>
>>1035918
>Are you actually wanting to know how to get utilities for a house on your own land?
(not OP)
In the USA, the power companies won't run service to structured that haven't passed building code inspections. And tiny homes won't pass, so you can't get electrical service directly to your little trailer.

You have to run an extension cord from a building that already has power, or you have to get an agricultural service pole put in. The ag pole has a meter + breaker box on it, and some sockets.

The page below says it cost a total of about $1000
http://tinyhouseblog.com/tiny-revolution/how-to-get-electricity-for-your-tiny-house/
>>
>>1035952
Thats not exactly true. I had a new pole put up 3 feet away from my pump shed and it did not meet any building code.
>>
>>1035904
Solar panels?
>>
Then how do building sites get power?

Here (UK) they'll put in a supply to a box on a stick, so your site electrician can then connect to so the site has power. Everything after the meter is not their responsibility.
>>
>>1035952
>>1037320
Exactly.
You can have electricity run to a service pole that's wired for travel trailers if nothing else.

We cover this topic on /out/ extensively.

Posted from a cabin innawoods.
>>
>>1035952
>...or you have to get an agricultural service pole put in. The ag pole has a meter + breaker box on it, and some sockets.

They are also referred to as "mobile home poles". I did as you describe for my shipping container shop, then finished running power to my in-shop subpanel at leisure.

Spec the largest service you can get and have a panel on the pole with more breakers than you expect to need.

I wouldn't want anything different because it's a very convenient setup.

I suggest having a 50A 220 single phase outlet to run a welder or other equipment if needed. I also spec'ed two 110v 20A outdoor outlets for power tools.
>>
File: IMG_20160813_211004.jpg (123KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160813_211004.jpg
123KB, 2560x1440px
>>1038040
OC just for you
>>
>>1038124
BTW, this has a 200 amp main, plus 4 slots for breakers (they run the 220v welding plug, the 110v next to it, and my 220v well pump. 110v is run off of one side of the 220v.).
From there I have a main line going into my cabin with like a 32 slot sub panel (my 12x32 cabin has more slots than my friends 3,500 sq ft house)
>>
>>1035916

lol'd.
>>
>>1038126
Nice
>>
>>1035904
I'm sorry, I missed it, where in the world were you planning on doing this again?
>>
>>1038040
still laughing about the small breakers in burgerland and the small voltage.

3 x 230V @ 63A master race
>>
>>1038124
Looks like mine.

Fapping ensues.
>>
>>1039075
We had to integrate legacy systems while Europe has only had electricity for a couple of years (and is soon to lose it when modern technology is declared haram),
>>
>>1038015
They can do the same thing in the US, but it's often cheaper and easier to rent a diesel generator, unless it's a longer job.
>>
>>1039240
Ooh. Quality electricity!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.