[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a brick patio that's been set up for for nearly a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: patio+repair[1].jpg (195KB, 734x551px) Image search: [Google]
patio+repair[1].jpg
195KB, 734x551px
I have a brick patio that's been set up for for nearly a decade. It's not exactly level anymore because the soil here goes through great variations in wetness. The picture is similar to what my patio looks like (only warped +/- 1" in some areas)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to level a 300g stock tank on this patio? I want to set up a small water garden for myself but from my experience before, if the tank is not level it will crack and leak. Here are some ideas I've had before:

1. Make a box with many drainage pipes and fill it with paver sand and level the stock tank on that.
2. Rip up the bricks where I want to put the tank. (I'm worried this will cause even more shifting of the other bricks)
3. Build some time of wooden structure to level the tank.

What do you guys think?
>>
just put it in a container
>>
>>1034973
>1. Make a box with many drainage pipes and fill it with paver sand and level the stock tank on that.
I like this idea. I'd probably modify it a bit: make a box with 2x8 boards, with an interior diameter two inches larger than your tank. Maybe reinforce with 2x4s to help prevent spread from pressure. Fill with sand, level, place tank. Seems the easiest to do labor-wise, hardest to kill tank because the sand will compress to relieve stresses. Just my 2ยข.
>>
>>1035000
I'll probably draw up plans for it some time soon. I will need to figure out a way to control the bottom of the box from sagging into an uneven location of sand. Or I can use some left over pond liner I have lying around to make a flexible bottom for the box so that the sand will be contained but still will be in contact with the ground.
>>
>>1035009
>an uneven location of sand.

I mean brick.
>>
>>1035009
>use some left over pond liner
Yes.
>>
>>1034973

The previous owner of my house extended the concrete patio with masonry. They did a shitty job and it warped to hell. I built an aquaponics system earlier this year with a 150g stock tank elevated ~36" off the brick. I built a wood stand so robust that it could hold my jeep. I then placed cinder blocks under the stand and shimmed up until it was level. The entire stand is holding the 150g stock tank, two 5g filters, various plumbing, spare parts, and a 40g breeder tank.

If you're using the Rubbermaid stock tank, it can take warping without a problem *IF* you completely disassemble the plug/drain, clean and silicone seal where it touches the tank and then teflon the threaded insert.
>>
>>1035037
yes it's a rubbermaid stock tank. I'll be keeping some big goldfish I've had for the past 12 years in it. I'm mainly worried about it leaking while I'm at work.

I will try this method if my paver sand method does not work. I think yours is the method I've seen the most online.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.