[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got this string trimmer that's working a bit wonky.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

So I got this string trimmer that's working a bit wonky. It's an Echo GT-225. The first problem is that it a pain in the ass to start. If I play with the choke and throttle screw I can get it to start up and idle after a few hundred pulls but once I let up on the choke and let air in it dies on me. The air filter is fine, so I'm left to believe it's the carburetor, but I honestly have no fucking clue about 2-stroke engines (I do board soldering and shit for a living). The other problem is that when it actually starts, the drive shaft turns the head slowly. I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to be idle until I throttle right? I'm ordering a new carburetor because it's only $15. But I don't think that's going to fix the spinning head while it idles. I thought it might be the drive shaft, but all that does is connect the engine assembly to the head, so I don't think that's the issue. Thoughts?

Also, I understand this isn't a great trimmer, but buying a new one out of my price range at the moment. After seeing that the carburetor was so cheap, I'm hoping other parts will be too.
>>
>>1034946
There is a centrifugal clutch that spins the head once the it reaches a certain rpm. Your clutch springs are getting loose or more likely you're idling too fast.

Carburetors have two adjustable fuel jets usually via two screws. High speed and low speed jet, they control fuel mixture at high rpm and idle. Sounds like your high speed jet needs to be adjusted. Also there will be a screw to set the minimum throttle position that controls the idle speed.

These shitty little engines cause so many problems because they have tiny garbage carburetors that are supposed to work in all positions so they don't have what you could call an actual fuel bowl. Very sensitive to the fuel mixture and are usually fucked after a year or two. You can get them working with effort, but it won't be reliable, you'll have to adjust the carb every single time you use etc. Throw it out and get an electric one. I was using some hobby lipo packs to power a shitty nicad based jobmate trimmer until my dad threw it out because he thought it was broken.
>>
>>1034946
Just turn the left fuel jet adjustor a quarter turn to the left.
>>
>>1034953

Yeah, this.

I have a couple 4 cycles and it's all the same story. Fine for 6 months to a year then goddamn dead backbreaking pigshit to crank and it's constant repairs, maintenance etc.

Get an electric with four times the torque and a 3hr battery life.
>>
Well the problem is the carb needs to be clean ..you can buy that carb gasket kit to rebuilt it but you order a new carb you will fix the problem..and its normal if the head spins you can always adjust it if you dont want the head spins..and dont throw it away sale it for parts on ebay or a outdoor equipmment shop they will buy it
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.