[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides being human trash are there any cons to only flush the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: welp.png (188KB, 374x370px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
188KB, 374x370px
Besides being human trash are there any cons to only flush the toilet when going to bed? Unless if a turd interrupts, of course.
Looking to save those mad water bills.
>>
>>1034735
It means you'll have to clean the toilet more often. The waste will have more time to stain the bowl so it will get dirty faster. It will also start to smell awful faster. It can also attract flies and stuff. But, yeah, other than that its fine.

Just remember, many places have a connection fee (for maintaining the infrastructure, generally based on the size of your pipe) and a water use fee (the water you actually use). In my place I pay like $20 for the connection and about $2 for the water. So you might not see any real saving by doing this.
>>
>>1034749
Can always use the hippie excuse about saving the earth but thanks for the viewpoint.
>>
>>1034751
"If it's brown flush it down, if it's yellow let it mellow."
This is what people with nasty toilets say.
>>
How much money can you realistically safe that way?

Anyways, not flushing means you'll get nasty stinking urine scale deposits on your toilet.
>>
File: pissjug.jpg (306KB, 1266x1597px) Image search: [Google]
pissjug.jpg
306KB, 1266x1597px
>2016
>not recycling plastic bottles into piss jugs and then tossing it in the trash

you wasting gallons of water to flush that 12-16 ounces of piss down the toilet
>>
File: large[1].jpg (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
61KB, 500x500px
>>1034788
>Live in old ass house.
>4 gallons per flush toilets.
>Avocado green
>Seat and lid have a fake dark wood pattern
>Each has a different stylized owl on the underside of the lid when you lift it (picture related)
>Grandparents chose the decor personally in 1968
>remodel bathrooms with new toilets and sinks but leave tubs and towers (they were white)
>Water bill goes down 40%.
>>
>>1034735
Where the fuck do you live that water is that expensive?
>>
>>1034780
mom says this. Its fucking nasty.. Why cant people realize this isnt the energy crisis of the 1970s and water costs $1.50 for 1000 gallons.
>>
Where I live water and sewer is a flat rate.
But if your toilet flushes with more water than it needs you can add a milk jug full of water to the reservoir and it will reduce the capacity
If you want to be a bit more extreme about it you can save waste water and pour it into the toilet to flush
>>
>>1035131
2,41€ for each cubic meter of clean water
Then you also pay 2,78€ per cubic meter for the waste water.
Note that there is only a meter on the incoming pipe, waste water isn't that easy to measure. So we basically pay for waste water even if we would water our garden with it.

Sound nice, eh. 1,5$ per 4 cubic meters is dirt cheap. But you got shit like "landfills" also so I don't wonder :/
>>
>>1034735
You could fit a grey water system to flush the toilet with or just save any water you use for washing dishes with or taking a bath with and use that to flush the toilet with instead, if you have a garden then fit a water collection system to your gutter system and save water for the garden that way, if you want to be really cheap then fill up a container of water wherever you can while out and bring that home to use.

I used to save on my power bills by taking stuff that needed to be recharged to work and using their power, since I was working nights I never got caught.

Take a look at you washing machine, I believe Euro style front loaders use a lot less than US style top loaders, maybe someone can confirm this for me.

I have wood stoves in my house and I collect any free wood I see going on CL and also collect pallets and burn those, my stoves all use air drawn from outside so there is no worries about pallets "off gassing" when you burn them, there are also some places round here that toss out tons (literally) of off cuts of wood, I haven't paid a cent in three years to heat my place.
>>
>>1035146
The water is undrinkable, well you *can* drink it but you'll get cancer cause 'murika and I live in a chemical area where factories have been paying off the local government since like the 1700s and just dumping whatever they want everywhere.

That 1.5 / 1000 gallons figure is the national average according to google.

Do you not have landfills? what do you do with your trash?
>>
>>1035146
Before it was on hold I was paying a little over €32 per month for water, I'd like to see it go to metered charges from an environmental stand point but I'm in a country of GibMeDats
Living by myself I work on the if "it's mellow" idea, toilets stain like hell but hot water and a dishwasher tablet to soak for 40mins every 6 months deals with it
I did this at home with my parents, I would not recommend leaving it too long between flushes there's something about the fragrance of combined piss (heh eau D'Toilette) that really hits you... If /b/ has a smell, that's it
>>
>>1035167
Paper, metal, glass, cardboard and electronics gets recycled. Or can be recycled. Then you need the energy to actually take your shit to the recycling place. You know. Do it yourself. It's hard work for some people.

The rest are burnt for heating and electricity.
>>
>>1034735
how about drilling your own well?
>>
>>1035187
What country is that?
Ill recycle glass sometimes just so that its not buried in the ground for something or someone to come along and dig it up in a million years and get cut, I usually drive it down to the recycle myself, not too much work.
>>
>>1035140
People here still use bricks.

I want the commercial grade forced water flushers. One that sounds like a fucking waterpark ride firing up.
>>
>>1034749
Piss into the sink or bucket if a women to save water bills
>>
>>1035221
All they do with your glass is crush it and use it for roadfill. Compared to the nervy used to mine limestone, I'd say you're saving the planet very little. If you live by a brewery where they reuse bottles then that's way different and you're doing a good job.

>>1035187
No better feedstock for an incinerator than a bit of plastic

>>1035163
I like this idea, I'd use rainwater to flush and do the washing up
>>
>>1035413
>save the planet
nah the planets fucked and recycling isnt going to save it. I just don't like the idea of broken glass buried in the ground.
Plastic and shit isnt really a hazard. Its the same reason I grind down the edge of razor blades before I throw them away.
>>
>>1034735

Just shit less you fat piece of shit
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.