[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to get certifications in a certain trade without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1850s-Disston-rip-2[1].jpg (49KB, 580x194px) Image search: [Google]
1850s-Disston-rip-2[1].jpg
49KB, 580x194px
Is there a way to get certifications in a certain trade without spending two years in school, I already know the shit I just want to take a test and get it certified
>>
You don't need a pre apprenticeship course. You need to get an apprenticeahip, though. Many smaller companies would rather take a person with a decent amount of experience in construction than a kid that got out of school.

Around here, during apprenticeship you do have to go to school for 2 months out of the year until your apprenticeship is completed (4 years on a 40 hr work week). It's bullshit as you don't learn jack shit and have to pay for it. It's a cash gtab.
>>
>>1033174
Depends what it is.. You can actually become a master in a trade by just doing it and having experience and a good portfolio.. Most trade papers just say "you studied under so and so, for 2 years and they are writting off you have learned enough."
>>
>>1033174
>Is there a way to get certifications in a certain trade without spending two years in school, I already know the shit I just want to take a test and get it certified

Can't you just challenge?out here you can just challenge the whole thing if you don't have the hours written down or whatever.
>>
>>1033174
All of this stuff depends on your trade, country, state and sometimes city.
The time spent making your post could have been spent googling
"state" "trade" license
"state" "trade" apprentice

and so on, until you have answers or can ask a better question.
>>
Yeah ofcourse i still remember getting my certificate for tiling
>>
>>1033175
let me guess, Australian? lol my cousin went through that shit just to get "certified" cash grab indeed since he knew everything they were "teaching"
>>
Jump in some heavy equipment anon. Its not hard after a few days and then after a few months jump into another. Been running equipment almost 6 years. Pay is good and if you arent a total spurg you can always find a job. Im actually working 50 hours a week with 2 operating jobs part time. Find a mine or a rock quarry. They'll throw u in a loader or a bigass haul truck. Its honest work for honest pay and doesnt kill u.
>>
Depends on the trade.

Certain trades are unregulated and getting a certificate in it is just for show, usually unskilled trades like tile setting.

Other trades are regulated like plumbing and electrician. These ones you need to have a certain number of working hours under supervision and usually must get a signed affidavit by the place of employment attesting to that. Then you must pass a test.
>>
>>1033174
what trade doe
>>
>>1033486
That does sound like the Aus system, but he's an idiot if he knew everything and still did 4 years, since there's the RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) system which is for this exact scenario.
OP, Depending on where you live it may be called RPL, PLA, PLAR, RCC, etc - but a lot of places have a way of getting around relearning shit you already know if you can prove it.
>>
>>1033174
dont waste time in school. just do an apprenticeship if its a real skilled trade.
>>
>>1033174
Why can't you guys specify where you live? Soviet russia? Botswana? Mogolia? Belize?

It'd help a lot...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.