[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here ever make thier own sinkers or reload bullets for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20160803-105849.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160803-105849.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Anyone here ever make thier own sinkers or reload bullets for profit?

I ask because I have a lead pour pot and access to srap lead for $1 per pound. And there are times when work is slow enough I can do wtf ever I want for a few hours.

Also, general income thread. How does diy make money aside from your 9-5?
>>
>>1032453
>lead casting
>at home
>for profit

Pick two or enjoy your health problems.
>>
>>1032453
I've done a bit of reloading, you're talking about casting the bullets only I assume. I don't know what the market is like, but it doesn't feel like as many guys reload as used to, especially for pistol. You could try, but I wouldn't expect windfall profits. Sinkers I have NO idea about, I've never been much at fishing.
>>
These guys can tell you everything you never wanted to know about bullet making.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com
>>
Lead sinkers are a dying market. Up here in NY and other hippie states you can't buy em over a certain size and there's signs at all the marina's politely asking you not to use the ones you already own.
>>
>>1032698
Some commie states also ban lead sinkers.
>>
>>1032474
>what is good ventilation for $500, Alex?
Besides, lead isn't even that toxic to adults, as long as you're not ingesting it by the kilo, you'll be fine as long as you do it outside, or under a fume hood.
>>
>>1032474
Lol, thanks.

Working on a ventalation system for the heat/lead poisoning.
>>
>>1032481
I dont fish much either, but i'm near a river where people spoonbill fish. People buy sinkers for about $4 for a 4-5oz sinker. I was considering hitting uo the bait shops and seeing what they pay before i make half a ton of useless sinkers.
>>
>>1032698
Well what the fuck are you supposed to use for fishing anon? That's so dumb.
>>
>>1032775
Well, i was just going to run some dryer hose outside and a small fan above my workspace to draw air out. I grew up in a house with lead paint and pipes. If i'm going to develop autism it's already in my system.
>>
>>1032698
>>1032701
>>1032918
They are environmental hazards and a waste of a resource.
>>
>>1032453
Don't melt or pour lead indoors.It's poisonous as fuck.

My redneck bros wife got lead poisoning so bad from her idiot redneck fathers indoor loading she needed chelation therapy and still has problems. He's dead so no info on him.

DO IT OUTDOORS. No vents, no nothing, do it the fuck outdoors.

Lead paint and pipes aren't vapor hazards. Know the difference and assume nothing.

Did I mention outdoors?

"Chronic exposures leading to BLLs above 20 µg/dL can cause subclinical effects on cognitive functions as well as adverse effects on sperm/semen quality and delayed conception. BLLs between 20 to 40 µg/dL are associated with effects such as cognitive aging as well as deficits in visuomotor dexterity, lower reaction times and attention deficit. At BBLs above 40 µg/dL, workers begin to experience symptoms such as headache, fatigue, sleep disturbance, joint pain, myalgia, anorexia, and constipation."
>>
>>1032982
There are ways to do this indoors. Not trying to sound like a nay sayer, your points are valid, but any time I hear/read something this dire I have issues. I'm not going to poke holes in your post, you do give the safest method, but damn dude... Just saying there are ways to do it, and it's up to OP to do the research once he's been informed of the dangers.
>>
>>1032982
Jesus... it may be to late for me. I have all of those. Thanks for the help anon, bit i guess i'll catch u on the flipside...
>>
>>1032919
You'll be fine with that setup. Just don't have any kids around the area you're working in, lead is much more toxic to children.
>>
>>1032982
op sounds like he deals with lead at his job, so they probably have some way of dealing with all that
>>
Drop shipping
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.