[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I own this mower and I'm sick of it taking up so much space

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 3914516_orig.jpg (43KB, 821x585px) Image search: [Google]
3914516_orig.jpg
43KB, 821x585px
I own this mower and I'm sick of it taking up so much space in my garage. The most I can do to make it more compact in storage is to fold down the handle. I'm thinking of some sort of wall-mounting or wall retaining solution but I was wondering what /diy/ things you've done to mitigate this problem.

Thoughts?
>>
Here's a Toro mower that would be ideal for my situation, but alas, my Husky is too new to consider replacing at this point in time. The lower "arms" don't fold down so even mounted on a wall it would never be this compact.
>>
File: lawn-mower-shed.jpg (328KB, 699x741px) Image search: [Google]
lawn-mower-shed.jpg
328KB, 699x741px
>>1032272
Don't store it like that or you will have oil leaking out on the floor.

You would be better off building a small outdoor shed for it.
>>
>>1032271
My mower lives outside.
>>
>>1032336
Is there really no orientation you can these engines other than right side up?
>>
>>1032271
One time, I flipped my mower upside down to clean the excess grass clogging the blades, apparently that caused gas to go in the other parts of the engine causing the mower to create grey noxious smoke until it all burned out.

Just letting you know.
>>
>>1032336
This mover is designed to be stored like this Todd!! I have one it's great
>>
>>1032702
That was oil going into the carburettor via the breather tube.
>>
>>1032336
Sorry but I ain't building a small home for my mower. I'd rather just buy a battery-powered mower instead. I just want to know if there was a better alternative to just letting my existing mower take up the same amount of floor space in my one car garage as a projection screen tv.
>>
>>1032816
>battery-powered mower instead

If you have a small lawn that may do.

>>1032272
Try that if you like but do it outside for a few days and see if it leaks oil. If it does replace oil and reconsider. Provided the spark plug end is up it shouldn't harm the engine. I would turn the fuel off and let it run dry before tipping.

Got an under the house area?
>>
>>1032271
Buy a goat.

On weekends you can pimp it out to jihadis and make sweet tax free cash
>>
>>1032818
battery powered mowers suck cock and u know it
>>
I've rotated push mower engines before.
If you face the cylinder head to the rear you can hang it by the handle.

I shorten the pull rope of course.

The engine bolt flange j=hole pattern is rarely symmetrical, but you can usually rotate the engine, mark the holes, drill them and bolt engine to the deck with no fuss. Doesn't cost a dime.
>>
>>1032271
Give it to me. i'm poor and have a push mower.
>>
File: 31rqsPj5AVL._SX300_[1].jpg (5KB, 300x210px) Image search: [Google]
31rqsPj5AVL._SX300_[1].jpg
5KB, 300x210px
>>1032271
Look into bicycle lift kits. See how they work. Make an oversized one that can lift your mower. Store the fucker in the rafters of your garage.
>>
>>1033210
>storing a 100 pound death trap from the ceiling
wew
>>
>>1032700
not really, no matter which way you flip it, there will be a liquid coming out of it somewhere
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.