[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/nosaurs , this night i was given a gift from my family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1468092359337.png (5KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468092359337.png
5KB, 400x500px
Hello /diy/nosaurs , this night i was given a gift from my family ,
~12 m^2 room in a basement
I would love to make it a recording studio
There are some problems however
>no floor , just soil
>one corner has water pipes which i have to cover up
>it isnt that soundproof
>needs acoustic work ( bass traps etc )
I would love to do everything myself also i have money for materials but dont want to waste a fortune on something id have to repair, point is i want it to be solid and want to buils it to last
>pic unrelated
Will dump actual pics of room as soon as i get there.
>>
So basically things i wanna know are , if you have any useful tips on how to make useful things instead of paying triple the price for them
>>
>>1028860

Maybe list your skills.
>>
>>1028860
>>one corner has water pipes which i have to cover up

Why? It's a basement. If you must cover them up I suggest making a removable cover for maintenance. People don't think of that but it pays off and doesn't need to a look like a cover.
>>
Is this not one of those virus pictures
>>
>>1029000
It's that banana. The Game would've been a better choice.
>>
>>1028902
I got okayish general skills , i can do everything , i just want to know useful tips
>>
>>1028902
Nunchuck, bow hunting and computer hacking.
>>
>>1028860
As to the floor you'll want pros to come in and lay down a concrete pad, that shit is just too much work to DIY.

As you want it to be a production studio youll want some carpeting and pad on the concrete. The pipes in the corner can be treated with a bass trap with space cut out for them. Install a drop ceiling with accoustic tiles. And install accoustic tiles on the walls if theyre already finished. If not finished, there are ways to finish walls to increase sound isolation by a percentage.

My boyfriend does gaming videos and shit for a living. I redid a room in our basement for his studio I used supplies from Foam Factory and am super happy with the results.

Used their base/broad spectrum traps and traps, drop ceiling tiles, and large wall panels.

Super happy with the results.
>>
>>1029042
Op here kek
>>
>>1029050
Walls and floor are made from georgian bricks
They are same bricks but instead of rectangle they are square , are there any tips on hanging them without wrecking wall
>>
>>1029061
Maybe something like blu-tack
>>
>>1028860

I think you'll be disappointed when you realize all you really need is a desk, computer and speakers.

>>1029050

Concrete isn't hard

After all, it has a dirt floor so you can just come in with a jackhammer if it goes bad
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.