[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robomow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: Robomow.jpg (133KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
Robomow.jpg
133KB, 858x536px
I've been thinking about buying a robomower, but i have multiple lawns completely separated from each other. Does anyone have any experience or ideas regarding this? I was thinking about tunnels or ramps to connect them.
>>
>>1027424

I can honestly say I've never heard anyone with a desire to spend to much effort on getting out of an easy job.

You'll spend more time fucking about with muh ramps than you would just mowing the lawn.

Fat/10
>>
>>1027424
Hi, /out/!
>>>/out/821548
>>
>>1027426
>getting out of an easy job

Are you bugguy/pont from /an/ and /out/ with that 6'x4' "lawn"?

Some of us have lawns that take all day long to mow. I even have a $10k zero turn riding lawn mower with a dumping grass vacuum that makes it really nice to mow and it still takes all damn day to mow.

I'd probably just get a few ruminants instead.
>>
>>1027434
Sounds you have a serious case of first world problems and need to take a megadose of man the fuck up.
>>
>>1027442
Sounds like you have a serious case of being a dick and need to take a megadose of chill the fuck out.

Some people's worst problems pale in comparison to others. That doesn't mean they're still not that person's worst problems.
>>
My research is a few years old but here was my conclusion on robomowers with a bit of experience from robot vacuums:
>need to cut Gras 2-3times per week. If you set them to 1perwk they don't handle the growth well, ie weak cutting power.
>forget you leave hose or something in a yard. Mower doesn't detect it because it's bellow the bumper or easily driven over. Now have a ruined item and maybe a ruined mower. This is a robot vacuum problem too.
>mower goes out just after a rain because it follows a schedule, gets clogged in 3 feet and shutsoff.
> manages to cut the wet grass without clogging, wheels get coated in wet grass and mower spins tires in place until rescued or battery dies.

Find some real word reviews before picking one. Some don't even do slight inclines well on a good day. A random direction mower misses spots and may not return in your case so that takes out like 90% of the mowers on the market, including all the cheap ones.
>>
>>1027434

>$10k zero turn riding lawn mower

Fuck, dude, get your damn butler to mow for you.
>>
>>1027455
Not him but $10K isn't a lot of money. It may be to someone poor, but in the real world it's only just barely enough money to raise a government eyebrow.
>>
>>1027457
>>1027448
Congrats, now fuck off. If you can drop $10k on a mover you don't want to use you can pay some local kid to ride it around for you a couple of times a month.
>>
>>1027536
Dude, the fuck you think you are? I'd gladly pay for a robomower if it means I don't have to wait for a good day to mow the lawn. Because usually when it's sunny outside I don't want to fucking waste my time on mowing the goddamn fucking lawn. For people with a job and kids time is the most valuable commodity and fuck mowing the lawn. You dick.
>>
>>1027536
Why would I want someone like you to mow my lawn with my $10k lawnmower just so you can break it, break my fencing, mow over my flowers, and strip the bark from the trees?

All of which has happened any time I allow anyone else to use my lawn mower.
>>
>>1027547
Then get your kids to do it so they'd be less of asshole brats with a rich daddy who buys them everything.
>>
>>1027547
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
man, I can't help you figure out your mower problems, but honestly just wanted to say I enjoy mowing the grass and wouldn't give it up for all the cool robotic lawnmowers in the world..

spend about an hour walking in smaller circles around my yard, slowly reminding nature to lay the fuck down or I'll murder it en mass, listening to music from my headphones while the steady pace and regular path induce a semi zen state. and when your done you survey your domain and feel a sense of accomplishment at your mastery over it. also.. that cut grass smell
>>
>>1027569
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the National park service, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret yard projects all over the world, and I have over 300 hectares of well maintained frontage. I am trained in gorilla mowing and I’m the top string trimmer in the entire US national park system. You are nothing to me but just another unruly piece of fescue. I will trim you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of yard maintenance and winter snowplowing experts across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can trim you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in self propelled mowers, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Parks Service as well as the U.S. forestry division, and I will use it to its full extent to trim your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will mow fury all over you and you will stand in it. You’re fucking overgrown, kiddo.
>>
>>1027455
$10k isn't that much mate, and zero turns are the bomb. If you have a big yard you need one.
>>
>>1027604
>$10k isn't that much

for a fucking lawnmower?
You can buya Porsche 928, or a whole Mexican family for that, fug.
>>
>>1027610
They get way more expensive than that. A Porsche 928 is fucking horrible and likely to be broken all the time, the engine is also in the wrong end. The mower would be better.
>>
>>1027424
A tunnel won't work because it will block RF (maybe not entirely but pretty much...)

What kinds of cutting blades do these things have in them?
reels use a lot less power than a big spinning blade, but reels cost a lot more to manufacture....
>>
>>1027604
>>1027611
I can not find a zero turn mower for over 10k
I dont know where the hell you are getting your gold plated lawn mower with a fully blown v8
>>
File: romanlaby[1].gif (7KB, 287x287px)
romanlaby[1].gif
7KB, 287x287px
>>1027584
Holy shit, my lawn isn't big enough to do it but I wish I could mow in a labyrinth pattern, it would be such a cool meditative experience.
>>
Why not use your lawn for something smart like a giant garden instead of doing Sisyphean retarded shit and mowing it?

Lawns are for idiots and rich, British aristocrats with too many Indian widows soliciting on their estates.
>>
>>1027558

Then you get someone you know is experienced and pay them a reasonable rate.

You got acres of lawn and have it maintained? I know this is /diy/ but if you have that much shit of something you either need to be making money out of it to afford its maintenance or repurpose it.
>>
>>1027889
There are no competent people where I live who can mow the lawn without destroying something. It is like an open air mental asylum here.

Yes, several acres of lawn with 100s of obstacles everywhere. It is a farm with multiple gardens and orchards. All the lawn waste gets composted and used to grow stuff.

Now stop talking about adult things like you are a kid who knows anything, child.
>>
>>1027424
Hi there, I've got the Sileno from Gardena. The issue when having several parts is thst they need to be connected via a corridor. The corridor should be 1,5 to 2m to ensure proper mowing. There is a steering cable that can guide it to the places it it does not go there byself.
>>
>>1027897

I, a child, can get illiterate 3rd world people who live in shacks to operate machinery properly.

Why can't you?
>>
Serious mowing takes serious mowers. Mowing a farm is agriculture, not groundskeeping.

Perhaps pay for a robot conversion of a commercial ROV mower since you are very well off? If nobody makes what you want, commission it.

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/New-ROV-RC-Lynex-TX1200-Remote-Control-Robot-Swinging-Flail-Slope-Lawn-Mower-/111451931312

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/111636235926

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/111450977610

You could have robot controls with a manual command option.

You could have multiple attachments and use manual control where required.

Put a couple of yellow LED light bars on it so it will be highly visible when travelling between jobs.

Your problem is now solved. Pay the nice man.
>>
>>1027434
And you think that little thing is going to take care of this massive lawn of yours?

You're so full of shit you fat lazy cunt.
>>
>>1027457
>Government funding
>Lawn mower

10k of anything is a lot of money for a rotary blade and wheels
>>
>itt: basement dwellers mad op can spend 10k on something frivolous when they can't even afford to move out

OP, you'll need an army of those bastards if you have as much grass as you claim to. I have a zero turn and I can cut 4 large lawns in 3 hours, including one a quarter mile away that I drive the mower to. I can tell you one of those robomows would take all day to do that.
>>
>>1027424
OP, since nobody helps you here's my experience with my dads robomower. If you plan to mow multiple gardens, connect them up with a 5' grass patch, and put a leading wire through it.
If that's not something you can do: tough luck, good luck carrying your mower every 30 mins. Also if you indeed decide to only use one charge mat, you need to include the loose patches within the wire loop (by having the wire come in on one side, loop around the grass, and exit to the patch witht the mat at the same location, you'll figure it out)
>>
Dude if youre too much of a lazy shit to maintain the land, hire somebody to do it for you or fucking sell it. Stop acting like there aren't competent mowers out there. You're not some fucking lawnmower god whose grass cutting skills cannot be matched by humans. Theres a lot of people out there who can mow faster than you, neater than you, and better than you. And they won't bitch about it either. If you're so fucking worried about your precious $10k mower, hire a mowing service that uses their own equipment and you can keep yours in the shed. Robomowers suck, they will not get the job done for you and buying one would be more trouble than it's worth. So get over yourself and let someone else mow your yard for you because you're obviously too much of a lazy namby pamby faggoty bitch to take care of it.
>>
>>1028123
People making a shitstorm about mowing lawns instead of handling anons questions first. Answer, then hate on him.
>>
>>1027666
http://www.mowersgalore.com.au/zero-turn-ride-on-lawn-mowers/toro-z-master-commercial/
>>
OPs question has been answered >>1028073

Here are more. Their makers can obviously do custom work.

https://www.intorobotics.com/35-robots-in-agriculture/

Robot mowing will steadily improve, but current state of the are isn't cheap. GPS guides farm equipment all over the world.

I don't get the butthurt. He's got the cash, mowing is an annoying chore, people suck to deal with, and robots are for "dull, dirty and dangerous" jobs.
>>
>>1027666
http://www.scag.com/tigercat.html

Mine is the "Scag Tiger Cat" plus the grass vacuum "Clam-Shell Collection System" attachment that has a lever so you can dump the load of grass without getting off the mower. It also has solid rubber front tires instead of the pneumatic ones. All together it was like $12k, but the mower was $10k. That was about 5ish years ago, no clue what the prices are now.
>>
>>1028123
I'm not hiring you, kid.
>>
>>1027939
Only upstanding white people live in this area. They don't seem to know how to mow.
>>
Why are people bitching at op for not wanting to mow his lawn?

I don't know how good these robot lawnmowers are but we just got a robot vacuum cleaner and holy shit it's fucking awesome.

>Freshly cleaned carpets everyday
>Literally 0 work except emptying the bin every 3 days or so.
>Cleans under beds and couches and other bullshit spots
>It just werks

Just so long as you aren't a disgusting hoarder faggot who leaves shit lying all over the place for it to suck up its fucking awesome.
>>
>>1028095
>Basement dwellers
>DIY

Is that supposed to be ironic or are you just a little dense?
>>
>>1028405
>4chan
>basement dwellers
Pretty safe assumption, especially when half the threads here are no money cause no job or my parents won't let me fuck up the house/help me fix this before my parents find out.

Are you being ironic or just new?
>>
>>1028407
>Half

Not really in line with my own experience. If by new you mean frequenting daily for the last 12 months then sure.

There's a clear difference between people who are and aren't. The majority aren't.

The amount of muh apartment and muh landlord threads should give you a decent idea of how many people here live in their mothers basement.
>>
>>1028410

>The amount of muh apartment and muh landlord threads

Those are just thinly disguised "muh basement muh mom" threads.

If you notice most of them can't tell their "landlord" shit despite having legal rights.

>My fridge is live how do I fix?
>>Call the board bro
>B-but, my situation prevents me from doing so
>>Your situation is illegal bro
>o-ok

And then nothing becomes of it because he is in his mom's basement and his mother isn't doing shit for the little NEET
>>
>>1028414
Keki.

Don't forget the rash of security screw removal threads.
>>
File: 911_link.gif (2MB, 369x266px) Image search: [Google]
911_link.gif
2MB, 369x266px
>>1027424
You could just get a used ride on lawn mower, it's a good middle group between "I don't wanna work" and "I don't wanna spend money". We might even help teach you to maintain it.

Though someday I think I might make an autonomous tractor that can plow snow or fields, water parts of my garden, mow the lawn and help carry water/liquid fertilizer. I have some concept sketches and designs if anyone is interested.
>>
>>1028414
There are a ton of us that live at home, and its not because we are NEET or didnt get an education.

Still, you have to post stuff like that because if you tell the truth you will get a ton of people making fun of you instead of helping.
>>
>>1027424
Make a drone platform that flies it from lawn to lawn
>>
>>1028410
Newer than me
>bragging about how long you've been lurking 4chan
Did /b/ convince you to aspire to be an old fag?
>>
>>1028373
>Why are people bitching at op for not wanting to mow his lawn?

Because they are both poorfags and armchair DIYers. They actually have to mow their lawns with push mowers, because their parents make them. They are angry because they are not allowed to stop mowing and catch the nearby Dewgong. Which is ironic on so many levels.
>>
>>1028458
That's all good, you survive however you can. No one can fault you for doing what you got to do, and if they try tell them to fuck off. People on this board will shit talk regardless, that's part of the fun sometimes, but a lot of the people who join in are guilty of the crimes they're persecuting you for. I just don't get the idea that this board somehow has a more well to do group of people than the rest of the site. Shouldn't /g/ or /v/ be looked at the same way because they own things that a lot of people would consider luxuries(such as a $2000 gaming computer)? Are the /biz/ness men all on yacths or in personal jets? The biggest origins of diy as we know it are, "I want something as nice as other people have but I can't afford to get it the same way they did."
>>
Let's drop the stupid shit about how manly it is to mow your own lawn because it is not fucking technologically interesting.

OP has a TASK. OP has money enough to explore interesting options. If any of the whiners ITT lived nearby they might make some money producing the machine OP wants.

Don't tell customers what they should want, find a way to sell them what they want.

Cheap consumer robo-anything won't work, so those are excluded. That leaves commercial gear, which at this point is pretty much custom built for the application.

Unless you are a welder, mechanic, machinist, sheet metal fabricator, electronics tech and robotics tech this is not a DIY project. Even if he were, he'd have a couple years into it easily before it cut a blade of grass.

Thread over, next case.
>>
>>1027589
Top zozzle
>>
>>1027434
>>1027448
>>1027547
>>1027558
>>1027897
>>1028274
You sound like a yuppie faggot. Just so ya know.
>>
Instead of building ramps or tunnels.

>just get a robot for each lawn.
>>
File: 1466654999328.jpg (105KB, 543x717px) Image search: [Google]
1466654999328.jpg
105KB, 543x717px
>>1027424
Afaik those things work by bouncing around and turning at a (random?) angle every time it hits a border of your lawn (which you have to outline with wiring)

Both a tunnel and a ramp-type solution would rely on the mower traveling over a narrow, straight area, and it would have to enter at a near perfect angle just to be able to get anywhere

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the aforementioned border wires aren't allowed to be less than 1 or 2 meters from eachother, so the tunnel / ramp would have to be pretty fucking huge, aka you'd wreck your yard

Wouldn't the obvious solution be to just lift it up and put it in a different section of land every day or so?
>>
File: Sheep[1].jpg (30KB, 630x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sheep[1].jpg
30KB, 630x400px
>>
>>1027424
Buy/build a drone and have the Robomower send it's position to the drone. Have the drone deploy to the Robomower when it recieves it's coordinates, pick it up, and drop it on another lawn using pre-programmed coordinates.

No infrastructure needed.
>>
>>1029764
>I have nothing of value to add so i will call random people on the internet names.
>That'll show 'em!
>>
>>1027442
WHY CAN"T I HOLD ALL THIS EDGE
>>
>>1027442
POORBOI
O
O
R
B
O
I
>>
File: 5.jpg (184KB, 1000x563px)
5.jpg
184KB, 1000x563px
I've got an EVA Tech radio controlled Hybrid GOAT ROBOT 22.
I sit in the shade and drive it around with a Futaba airplane remote.
The lawnmower gets itself out of the garage and has remote electric start for the gas engine.
An alternator keeps the batteries, for the wheel chair motors, charged.
I'm trying to set up a video camera on it, but don't have a HAM license for the video transmitter yet.
>>
>>1027666
Well you don't know everything, Satan.
Went and got a belt for the rider mower last week.
Shop had a $16,000 zero turn.
Damn thing was bigger than my friends tractor.
>>
>>1030669
Fucking awesome. You should really automate it though, then you can drink beer while watching it.
>>
>>1027424
If i had a camera for mine i could mow from my couch. Im interested in autonomous though. Bamping with Lawny for interest.
>>
>>1027434
Or be crippled as fuck like me and unable to buy a 10k mower..

I got a big fucking yard and cant sell it cause we buying it on a lease option.
>>
>>1027547
Lol, i built a remote controll mower and its still a bitch...
>>
File: FB_IMG_1469638943919.jpg (25KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469638943919.jpg
25KB, 640x640px
>>1027666
But, where get partially blown V8? Lol.
>>
>>1028373
War robo vac u got? Think it handle a rwdiculous amount of labradore hair?
>>
>>1030669
Fuck that. Thos FCC faggots arent going to pursue u running a camera a few hours a week unless it interfesrs with an important government frequency. I studied for my ham liscense for fov drone racind and realised nobody gives a shit or has one.

Im any cass tho

PROTIP. Do not get a 2.4ghz camera as it will interfere with you futoba. Gl anon.
>>
>>1030669
Ham licenses are easy to get, literally like 3 hours of study (assuming your half retarded) there's been five year olds with the license.
>>
>>1027424
Robot mowers you can buy are fucking shit. You have to put a fuck ton of guide wires in your lawn so it doesn't run over any flower beds.

You're better off building your own goddamn mower. The way I'd do it would be to cover your backyard with AR tags so your robomower can localize itself using a camera. Cameras are fucking cheap, unlike outdoor LIDAR modules. Robot Operating System makes doing this easyish.
>>
>>1027424
John Deere used to host totally autonomous lawnmowing competitions.
See what you can get out of it.
>>
I just wish i was smart enough to hack a roomba and have Lawny run around like an autistic drunk and mow my fucking giant yard for cheap.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.