[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. Last week I made a very shitty table. Tonight I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hey guys. Last week I made a very shitty table. Tonight I'm making a new chicken coop. I've 11 chickens and they're getting too big for their coop. So far I have the bottom frame done and some perches. The drill keeps dying so I have to go little by little.

Up next is getting the rest of the vertical frame screwed in, then the top horizontal part.

This is coming along much better than the table. I will be surrounding it with corrugated metal on the outside and chicken wire on part of the front, as well as a roof.

Never built a structure like this before, this is of my own design as well.

Any advice for more with it?
>>
Why not treated for the boards that will touch the ground ?
>>
>>1027271
They won't touch the ground. I have cinder blocks set up and I will be putting in a sheet of treated plywood for a floor.
>>
>>1027236

Is that frame just for the coop or for the run as well?

>corrugated metal
You sure that will be safe?
It will get hot as an oven in there during summer and the cold will lower the egg-production by a lot during winter.
>>
Put the legs on the outside of the frame, that way you can sink two nails into each 2x4.
>>
>>1027318
edit:screws
>>
>>1027318
Not sure what you're getting at. My plan is to put the plywood/metal on hinges. As one anon mentioned that may hotbox too much, so I may just use only plywood with some Windows.

I want to be able to lift open the plywood revealing chicken wire in the summer, then close it up in the winter/rain.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1027437
Pretty much done with the frame. Drill burned out last night, two more boards then it's chicke wire and plywood time
>>
>>1027490

You serious using
P H I L L I P S
H E
I A
L D
L
I
P
Screws
Boi?
>>
>>1027530
I am. I lost my torx heads and the nearest place that sells them is an hour away
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.