[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battery-powered lawn and garden tools. Do they really have the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (3MB, 10000x6500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 10000x6500px
Battery-powered lawn and garden tools.

Do they really have the power to replace my 2 stroke and 4 stroke powered trimmer, blower, and mower?

Is now the right time to switch?
>>
>>1026293
I use the EGO lawn mower and EGO weedeater. I have the rapid charger so the mower battery is ready in 30 mins. If the grass is dry and I have it set at about 1.5", I can mow for about 45 mins. I mowed it the other day when the grass was damp and it gave out in about 30 mins.
The weedeater hasnt ever died on me mid charge. I love them both. Gonna get the edger soon
>>
They have as much power as an asthmatic chemotherapy patient with anorexia.
>>
>>1026297
That's funny, because mine cuts just as well as a gas powered mower.
>>
>>1026298
Not when you forget to charge it. Not when the battery gets charged too many times. Not when the battery gets damaged.

A corded or motor garden power tool will last decades if you treat it right and you won't need to buy a new battery for it every 1-3 years. A corded will also cost much less.
>>
>>1026300
Running out of gas and having to go out tonight to get some seems like more of a hassle than charging a battery.
>>
>>1026301
So long as you have some petrol at home then refilling it isn't a problem, recharging can take hours though. But I respect that you have a different opinion, each to their own.
>>
If you just have a small yard an electric is fine.
>>
>>1026304
Running out of battery is a problem that can be completely avoided by having two batteries.

I however, really dislike having to keep gas around. Two cans of gas actually, one for 2 strokes and one for 4 strokes.

Plus gas engines need regular maintenance every season. They need to be drained of fuel and have the engine oil replaced. The gas needs stabilizer to last until next season. Sometimes the carbs need servicing when they get gunked up. Compared to these electric motors that don't even have brushes to replace. They're light and can be stowed anywhere. The practical advantages are tremendous. Power is the only real concern.
>>
>>1026309

>season

Wet and dry season they always get used.
>>
>>1026309
Sounds like someone doesnt know how to maintain a gas engine
>replacing oil each season
lol
>>
File: 0407-cutting-machine-04.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
0407-cutting-machine-04.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
>2016
>Not converting all your lawn equipment to propane.
>>
>>1026293
short answer: no.
>>
>>1026357
>2016
>Doing your own lawn when a Mexican will do it for $3 a hour.

Why
>>
>>1026357
Thanks Hank
>>
>>1026304
A lithium ion battery charges in like 30 min. They also have 40v and dewalt is about to release a 60v line so plenty of power and battery life
>>
>>1026357
I did this once. It's nice not reeking of gasoline after mowing, but it's hard to judge how much propane you have left in the bottle when it starts getting empty.
>>
>>1026489
>It's nice not reeking of gasoline after mowing
the gas goes in the mower, you dont rub it all over yourself
>>
>>1026496
Gasoline exhaust, obviously.
>>
File: flying-lawnmower-o.gif (335KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
flying-lawnmower-o.gif
335KB, 320x180px
Gasoline powered lawn equipment is noisy. It disturbs and antagonizes your neighbors. Also, you are *supposed* to wear hearing protection while mowing your lawn, which is annoying so nobody does.

Corded electric is the best - quieter and lower maintenance than gas, more powerful and longer life than battery. The downside is the cord slows you down by forcing you to follow a pattern that doesn't run over the cord, that usually involves making 180 turns instead of quicker 90 degree turns.
>>
>>1026293
depending on the size of your yard im not sure about the lawn mower but iv used the ryobi blower and trimmer and it was no problem
>>
>>1026499

Never had that issue. Maybe your mower is running inefficiently.
>>
File: mower.png (411KB, 495x296px) Image search: [Google]
mower.png
411KB, 495x296px
>>1026502
>You are *supposed* to wear hearing protection while mowing your lawn, which is annoying so nobody does.
I do, but I got one of those.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.