[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to remove those Pikachus and Pokemon logo without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: gameboy.jpg (428KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
gameboy.jpg
428KB, 1440x2560px
Is there a way to remove those Pikachus and Pokemon logo without damaging the paint?
>>
>>1026130
Buy a different one.
>>
Sell it for big nostalgia and Pokemon crazy profit and buy another.
>>
>>1026130
Are you retarded?
>>
>>1026130
Sell it on ebay - if the paint still looks that good you can charge a higher premium.

I tried buying a yellow SP last christmas, but the only yello SP they made was a Pikachu special edition. SPs cost ~$30 but the Pikachu SE ones that were in good shape were going for $80+
>>
File: 2014-12-31 22.24.45.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2014-12-31 22.24.45.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>1026141
Pic related, ended up buying a blue one and painting it myself.
>>
OP here.
Well, I really like the idea of two-tone Color, but just dont want to buy two other GBC in order to build one. I've thought I could just buy parts like body and screen protector, but apparently only exchangable parts available are of really poor quality.
>>
File: b8.jpg (5KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
b8.jpg
5KB, 224x225px
>>1026130
>>
>>1026130
No, that's retarded.
>>
>>1026483
Using all these words for a shitty, obvious troll.
>>
>>1026483
>They just threw the pole in the water
>>
>>1026130
>those Pikachus
THAT'S A PICHU YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
>>
>>1026130

You can buy replacement shells for the game boy on eBay and AliExpress then simply replace the whole shell.

Like others said there is a collector's value tied to this so it's best to not ruin it (or sell it for a mark up and buy a different game boy)

The shell thing is good. I did that for my PSP which was scratched really bad.

The shell shouldn't cost more than 10$ (with free shipping)
>>
>>1026483
Wow you set the bar for being the worst troll ever.
>>
>>1026483

Don't give advise like that. No need to be a dick.

Op don't do this. Use common sense, if there is any metal in the microwave it's gonna get fried.
>>
>>1026525
>being this new
>>
>>1026525
>New as a baby fart
Unless OP has the IQ of a fermented vegetable then no he will not fall for it
>>
>>1026527
>>1026528

Yes I'm new.

I have seen people this dumb recently however.
>>
>>1026535
>rule 1: lurk more
>rule 2: don't be a faggot
>rule 3: if op really is that stupid, he deresves it
>>
>>1026536
That gameboy sure doesn't deserve it!
>>
>>1026550
it's a shitty handheld console, not a fucking mansion or even an expensive computer
>>
>>1026637
It's a limited edition collector's item. It's not worth $1 Million. It's probably not even worth $100, but it's a collector's item - it has sentimental value that makes people "HNGG NOSTALGIA!"

I mean Nintendo stocks are through the roof right now thanks to Pokemon Go, it's only drawing more and more attention to the Pokemon brand and driving up the value of these keepsakes. If OP takes care of it and makes sure the electronics stay functional it'll fetch a pretty penny for his heirs.
>>
Damn. My troll post was deleted. I was going to troll-suggest 1000 grit wet and dry, but after my day of dealing with schmucks irl, figured id step it up.

Seriously though, the op pic is pasta from a current ebay sale listing (ebay au).
>>
>>1026776
>list item as "for sale" on ebay
>ask in the item description "How do I get the pikachu's off?"
Bullshit.
>>
>>1026658
Yeh it's only worth money to a small group of people, stop being a fan boy.
>>
>>1026789
>small group of people
You are obviously ignorant to Nintendo's world-wide reach as well as their home HQ in Japan (home of the manchildren). Please stop posting until you educate yourself.
>>
>>1026794
I don't remember people losing their shit over the ports for 3ds or miitomo
>>
>>1026802
>ports for 3ds
>miitomo
>bigger than pokemon
Have you been living under a rock for the past 20 years?
>>
>>1026829
>Pokemon ports aren't bigger than Pokemon

Wut?
>>
File: clapping.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
clapping.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>1026522
I wanted to call OP a fucking idiot, but this is the more level-headed response.
>>
>>1026837
>ports for a particular gaming system are as big as entire franchises
>>
>>1026844
Hence my microwave reply. And subsequent note that he had pasta' da image from ebay.

Being /diy/, perhaps we should show the op troll how to create a model from a 3d scan using a reprap and then print his own cases in whatever colour he prefers.
>>
>>1026522
Will do that. Thanks for an advice that makes sense.
Ive seen a kid microwaving his laptop, but Im sure that bulletproof Color would withstand this trial. Af.

Oh, and by the way, I'm well aware about it being limited, collectible and stuff, I simply wont be getting rid of that. So I just wanted to make the console more personal. I dont care about its market value.
>>1026786
The pic is not pasted. Im pretty sure that Australian version has different Pokemon setup on screen protector. Lemme see the ebay page with the same photo.
>>
>>1026786
meant >>1026776
>>
>>1027002
Cant be fucked hunting. It was on egay au app front page, a suggested item (several kids here that play that shit and buy pokecrap and nintencrap). Link it up yourself if you like, given it sounds like your op and know where you got it.
>>
>Ive had to do this numerous times. What works quickly and easily is the kicker/accelerator for CA glue. Try it on a test bunny first but it should spray on and just wipe off once the first layer is loose.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=62357

or acetone free polish remover

or magic eraser

Everyone in this thread is fucking stupid, you bunch of white slave niggers.
>>
>>1026930
And he can buy a helicopter to fly 4 miles to work and train mice to carry his shoes to his bedside!
>>
>>1027002
Any electronic device with integrated circuits or transistors that is not shielded will not survive a microwave.
>>
>>1027403
No shit, really?
>>
>>1027608
Garbage. Anybody knows the perforated metal of the microwave doors, combined with that of the casing produce a faraday shielding effect, rendering microwave radiation null.
Derp.
>>
>>1026789
>Yeh it's only worth money to a small group of people, stop being a fan boy.

This is the definition of a collectable.

People collect stamps, but to me they are worth their face value to send a letter.

People collect old cars, but to me they are worthless because they are inferior to my modern car in every way that matters to me.
>>
Thanks for reminding me that I have one like that I need to sell while poke-mania is still running high.

>>1026658
>>it'll fetch a pretty penny for his heirs
>implying OP will have heirs
>implying anyone but nostalgiafags will want one of these in 20 years
It's up in price just because people who owned a game boy color when they were kids have been reminded that pokemon is still a thing and are unsuccessfully trying to recapture their childhood. It's probably at a high point just because of pokemon go.

>>1026142
Looks good but you could've bought a yellow case instead.
>>
why would you do this. this model is have a greater value because it have pokemon on it. You should consider sell it and buy a ds which could play gb, gba and ds game.
>>
>>1026142
>no leaf green
but it was the best pokemon game
>>
>>1029013
>It's up in price just because people who owned a game boy color when they were kids have been reminded that pokemon is still a thing and are unsuccessfully trying to recapture their childhood. It's probably at a high point just because of pokemon go.
Yes, that's how modern markets work.
>>
>>1029633
And holding on to it so his theoretical heirs will get money is a dumb idea.
>>
>>1026130
You can just buy the panels for it from the chinks. Also you can buy the case in any color you want from them as well.
>>
>>1026145
pretty sure that model is worth quite a bit in comparison to most others. sell it, buy two, probably have a little left over.

don't remove them, you'll ruin a nice collector's piece
>>
File: 1446450453262.jpg (17KB, 446x336px) Image search: [Google]
1446450453262.jpg
17KB, 446x336px
>>1029630
>leaf green
>>
>>1029648
because markets never move in cycles...
>>
>>1030036
An atari 2600 is worth less now then it was when it came out. The real issue here is supply and demand.
>>
>>1026130
Wtf? That is the limited edition! My grandma bought me one when i was 3 or something
>>
>>1030230
Atari doesn't have a Mickey-Mouse-esque mascot. Pikachu is recognized world wide, transcending generations and cultural barriers.

Pokemon will be around for at least the next 50 years. It'll have it's highs and lows but it will likely outlast the two of us.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.