[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what should be a bigger Instructables meme? Wire hangars.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: wire_hanger.jpg (38KB, 277x277px) Image search: [Google]
wire_hanger.jpg
38KB, 277x277px
You know what should be a bigger Instructables meme? Wire hangars.

>has decent structural integrity with any kind of decent design
>easy to work with and only requires two sets of pliers to fuck around with
>is a nice heavy gauge single conductor wire for solenoids and heating elements and the like
>is something most people have in their house and don't have to order off Alibaba, unlike mint tins and neodymium magnets
>comes in a variety of vibrant colors to meme out with
>>
File: nowirehangers.jpg (21KB, 540x353px) Image search: [Google]
nowirehangers.jpg
21KB, 540x353px
>>1025843
>is something most people have in their house
>>
I make shit with those all the time, just made a phone holder the other day. I remember seeing on TV African kids making toy guns out of them too, never done that though.
>>
>>1025868
>African kids making toy guns out of them
Had to be African kids. American kids would be arrested for this.
>>
They're fucking perfect for hanging up busted mufflers till you get around to actually fixing them
>>
>>1025843
TO add to this clear shitpost. with similar information.

I LOVE election season. Why you ask? you know those stupid signs that dot the road sides and shit? vote for XXXXXXXXX for what ever? WELL Those signs on the sides of the road. those signs are technically illegal to be there [private property differs] but the little wire shits that holds them up. just go around ripping the signs out of the ground, take the wire shits, and leave the signs in some dumpster. and I really don't care what political party the signs are for, those little metal things are my version of coat hangers, and I use them for painting stuff.

right now I keep taking them down from the roads around my house, and someone keeps putting more up.

BUT you cannot take these signs from someones lawn, that's stealing. throughout non election times, I normally rip down "99 dollar divorce" signs, and other shit-tastic road side shit posting.

I like the plain, un-plated ones the most, because I can heat them up and bend them into tight curves for stuff, without worrying about zinc fumes n-shit. but I take them all...
>>
Obvious city dweller posts are obvious. Anyone from the country would be posting about superior bailing wire.
>>
>>1025998
dumb hick
>>
>>1025998

*Baling wire. For making bales.

Not for granting bail.
>>
>>1026006
Ahh! Fucking autocorrect! You got me...
>>
Uncoated (except for varnish which sands off quickly) steel coat hangers can be used for gas welding in a pinch, but most gas welders have filler.

Coat hangers are great for hanging multiple small parts for spray painting if you bend vees into the bottom horizontal wire, cut the hanger at a corner, and make a loop and hook so you can slide parts over the wire then latch the hook.

They are kinda dangerous for family planning.
>>
>>1025843
I use them all the time to make cable arrangers. I always had my osilloscope probes and lots of connectors laying around until now.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.