[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /diy/, My badge in the picture has become too worn on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160720_203022.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160720_203022.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
Hi /diy/,

My badge in the picture has become too worn on the pointy end for the clip to grip. It comes off with a bit of light jiggling. Is there any way I can fix/rescue this badge? It has a great deal of sentimental value to me.

Thank you for your time.
>>
Size? Might be easier to attach a new pin to it
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/161320765607

Something similar,shouldn't be too hard to find one the right size
>>
Take a dremel or really small file and carefully make a new groove on it
>>
Rough the pin up a bit and then add a coating of something to it. Even paint could work for a while... but would recommend an epoxy, superglue, or some sort of jb weld type of adhesive that sets up. Just a light coat. It will increase the diameter of the pin and make it have more texture so the clasp can grip the back again. (alternatively, just try a new clasp? old one may have lost some of its grip strength over time)
>>
>>1025774
wook detected
>>
>>1025825
Good idea! I'll try this, and >>1025778
If that doesn't work.

>>1025806
I think the groove shouldn't be there

>>1026074
?

Thank you all for your advice and help!
>>
>>1026272
>I think the groove shouldn't be there
The groove is what keeps the back on.
>>
>>1026272
No worries mate, curious what the front of the badge looks like though
>>
Have you tried a different clip? Could be the sprinted metal has lost its spring or the thin sheet metal it's made out of has worn throw just enough. Seems like a point of failure no one has suggested yet.
>>
File: IMG_20160724_112747.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160724_112747.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
>>1026282
Ohhhh I see. The back is textured, is that not enough?

>>1026856
It's the rainbow badge from pokemon, got it off a weird trade deal years ago

>>1026924
Im going to try using a piece of rubber as a sub to see if that's the problem
>>
>>1027198
>got it off a weird trade deal years ago
Story time!
>>
>>1027213
Many years ago I was browsing this very site when I stumbled across a thread where someone was taking orders from a bunch of other anons. People wanted pokemon badges but the badge makers would only take bulk orders so everyone was in this together. I was underage at the time (this was maybe 5 years ago) so I had no PayPal or payment methods. Desperately I offered my drawfag services in the thread in exchange for a single badge and miraculously! a kind anon took me up on my shitty offer. I drew that man a bear fucking a unicorn (or maybe it was a unicorn fucking a bear) and true to his promise, I got that Rainbow Badge. Everyone then lived happily ever after!
>>
File: himZD0M.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
himZD0M.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>1027663
>a bear fucking a unicorn
>>
>>1025774
its not the pin thats the problem. its the round clip thing. the metal springs have be pushed out a bit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.