[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's your favorite color power tool? Also, ever notice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14

File: Picture1.png (2MB, 1537x1589px) Image search: [Google]
Picture1.png
2MB, 1537x1589px
So what's your favorite color power tool?

Also, ever notice drills enjoy pointing to the left?
>>
>pink power
anon, pls.
>>
>>1025762
AC Delco looking pretty darn nice there op
>>
File: dewalt-splash.jpg (51KB, 940x400px) Image search: [Google]
dewalt-splash.jpg
51KB, 940x400px
>>1025764
Yellow and Black
>>
>>1025762
>no Festool
Pleb.
>>
my perfect sundae would be layers of strawberry cheesecake with ice cream and whipped cream in between, and some mixed berry syrup on top
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 1449x815px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1449x815px
>>1025762
My favorite color of power tool is steel. Picture related.
>>
File: 1468457904567.jpg (19KB, 299x298px) Image search: [Google]
1468457904567.jpg
19KB, 299x298px
>>1025762
>pink power
>>
>>1025762
> Drills point left.

More of the population is right handed then left handed. A drill pointing left affords being picked up with the right hand (think about teaching in a hooking motion to grab it like you would a mug.)
>>
Milwaukee and Hitachi have the best color schemes, but dewalt is the most aesthetically pleasing overall.
>>
>>1025976
>affords

>tfw read through 1/3 of Design of Everyday Things, drop it, and start back up a year later for the past three years
>>
>>1025794
>My favorite color of power tool is steel. Picture related.

That's made primarily from Aluminum... But otherwise I agree. Just got a Craftsman 1/4" high speed drill (2800RPM, One Speed) and a B&D 9" Industrial Grinder this week. Both older than 50 years, in great condition, and already re-greased and assisting me in my metalwork. Oh, and less than 10 USD for the pair.
>>
>>1025762
makita and metabo

I don't like when they get too fancy.
>>
>>1025762
I've always liked Dewalt. My dad always used them, so I'm accustomed to the color, and I'd be lying if I said the tools aren't relieable. I don't know about their new stuff, but his drills and saws still work perfectly, minus the batteries barely holding a charge.
>>
>>1025762

I love the white makita colour scheme.

My cordless set is ryobi green

Most of my corded tools are ing-co yellow

I lust for fein
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 480x270px
>>1025977
>basing you drill chose on looks me not Quality.

I like Milwaukee myself, I have the m18 brushless set with 5.0 battery's no complaints.
>>
>So what's your favorite color power tool?

Any obnoxious spraybomb color plus my initials etched large into the plastic with a soldering iron so the tool isn't attractive enough to steal and pawn. Many contractors do this too.
>>
File: 1442992561393.jpg (23KB, 320x254px) Image search: [Google]
1442992561393.jpg
23KB, 320x254px
>>1025769
>3rd pin
never noticed that
>>
>>1026343
That was the OP question, man.

Bitches love electrical work.
>>
>>1025762
Wasp-colored or full body orange since they are easy to spot on sight.
Preferably without excessive tacticool molding (in op: hitachi, ridgid),
power-tools should be on the point, not a fashion statement.
>>
>>1025763
I'd give any women sporting one of those the d[spoiler]ewalt[/spoiler] instead.
inb4 hatespeech against strong intependent people of vaginas.
>>
Hilti because it the only one that's superior. but I buy Dewalt because I'm too poor for Hilti.
>>
File: nice.jpg (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
4KB, 259x194px
>>1025794
I like how you can apply force directly and precisely to the back handle.
>>
>>1026529

I hate how a lot of the current corded drills have the fan intake on the back.

Makes it too easy to cook a drill as that is the perfect place to provide pressure and keep it running true.
>>
>>1025769
looks like something out of Borderlands
>>
>>1026544
Hush goyem, tis how one earns sheckles.
>>
Hilti's color scheme is nice aesthetically speaking. In my eyes at least. And red is a noticeable color as well.
>>
>>1026360
Aw yeah, hot pink and stippled grips. Ain't nobody walking off with my tools but me.
>>
File: 1434423786.png (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1434423786.png
84KB, 500x500px
Crown is the BESTEST!
>>
>>1028155
>ni-cad
>porter cable/craftsman color scheme
>looks like Harbor freight special.
>>
>>1025762
The first part of this video where he talks about how drills are the wrong shape is so spot on it almost hurts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIl-Go8QYKE
>>
>>1025762
I'd love to see a shop of this switching the colors around.
>>
>>1025762
fuck drills
impacts are the way to go my friend
>>
File: 1445543606328s.jpg (6KB, 248x250px) Image search: [Google]
1445543606328s.jpg
6KB, 248x250px
Hilti or metabo.

>>pink power... Really..
>>
>>1030088
Ok just me put this Forstner bit into my....oh wait
>>
File: Action_dexter.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
Action_dexter.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
>>1030088
Drills and impact drivers are different tools for different jobs. How do you think an impact driver would work to drill a 1/2" hole in steel? Because the nicer drills in OP's image can do that. How about drilling concrete? Or running a 4" hole saw? You can get away with drilling with an impact driver on easy things like small holes in wood and drywall, but that's not the sort of thing you'd get a lot of those drills to do. They make 12V drills for that.
>>
File: 61DysYhTLvL._SY355_.jpg (10KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
61DysYhTLvL._SY355_.jpg
10KB, 355x355px
>>1030108
wheres your god now?
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (457KB, 1600x1157px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
457KB, 1600x1157px
>>1030119
What is that, like a 10mm chuck? 13mm? How cute. Get a Jacob's 3/4th inch, put it on a real drill and get back to us.
>>
>>1030147
I had an old B&D metal bodied drill that was an absolute TANK of a drill, a real workhorse, I fucking loved that thing until one day it busted, it was over 30 years old and I should have rebuilt it but I threw it away and bought a B&D cordless..... what a piece of junk it turned out to be, under powered (even for a cordless) and the battery life stank, I bought a Lidl cordless drill on a whim and it's ten times better than the B&D cordless drill ever will be, makes me sad when I remember what B&D used to be back in the day.
>>
>>1030286
B&D is a famous story of brand suicide. I remember them too, and watch for good old gear at yard sales because it goes for pennies on the dollar.

Brushes are cheap and not hard to match up if your desired brush isn't available. Cleaning commutators is easy too.
>>
>>1030357
>>1030286
Black and Decker had two lines of tools. The plain B&D line, which was called 'Home Utility' way back in the day, and the B&D Professional or Industrial line. In 1992 they renamed the Professional tools line 'DeWalt'. Exact same tools but with a new name and a different color scheme. You may have heard of them.
>>
>>1030415
The rename was due to the brand suicide. Trash quality of the consumer side permeated perception of the pro side which was poorly marketed.

The DeWalt sales story is interesting. The more they sought input from pros, the more both DIYers and pros bought them.

I looked for the link but no joy. There's a good WSJ or NYT story about how they revamped DeWalt.

Of course industry consolidation mean many brands share a few parent companies.
>>
>>1030415
>>1030446
Thank you for the education anons, I had no idea that DeWalt grew from B&D.
>>
>>1030097
Fein, Makita, Bosch. In this order. Source: I am a 15 years power tool repairman.
>>
>>1030749

>source

You need a source to prove your preference of a color scheme?
>>
I love the Ryobi colour scheme.
>>
>>1030759
If color indicates quality then yes, you think this is /fa/?
>>
>>1025762
They point left because most people are right handed, and you would swing your hand to the inside of your body to check out your drill. They want you to imagine you are using the drill.
>>
>>1030765

You should know that color has little to do with quality and mostly deals with marketing.

If all the manufacturer cared about was quality the plastics would be black as black plastics are the most resistant to deterioration through UV exposure
>>
>>1030821
you should know that is not what I was talking about, you have to be retarded to come up with that

lol fucking ass, lets ignore that guy who repairs powertools and make fun of him, oh no it backfired and i look like a retard, lets say something clever..."color of the plastic" "uv resistant" lol this guy
>>
>>1030828
>If color indicates quality
This thread has nothing to do with quality or even brands, it is simply about which colour tools people prefer. Someone could be a Dewalt fanboy but hate the yellow and love the Ryobi green.

This is essentially a /fa/ thread on /diy/.
>>
>>1030829
Ok at least we are on the same page, we are talking /fa/, but then it should have worded "what is your favorite power tool color" and not "what is your favorite color power tool" because fuck English.

Let's completely ignore the tool itself and talk about the color of the plastic.

This thread is retarded.
>>
>>1030832

Anyone with out autism could have seen that OP meant to ask what our favorite color scheme was.

>this thread is retarded

Yet you are still in here trying to fight against the grain just because MUH PRUFESHUN
>>
>>1030832
Both of those questions mean the same thing. I get what you mean but the colour isn't synonymous with the brand (for example there are multiple red brands).

>This thread is retarded.
It's just a bit of fun, not everything has to be super serious.
>>
>>1030835
>which tool color is most /fa/

Well, rosegold, obviously
>>
File: 1457163406938.jpg (216KB, 764x495px) Image search: [Google]
1457163406938.jpg
216KB, 764x495px
>>1025762
Milwaki dewalt and bosh look good.

Black and decker looks gay, dont like the angle on the chuck on ridgid
Hatachi has ugly style with that green shit
The fiminist one sucks balls
Metabo has a tiny little motor as does the craftsman hilti...
im bored suck my dip stick
>>
>>1025762
Never liked the look of power drills. I always wanted a battery drill that had 1 small battery on either side of your hand and the chuck mount was in front of your hand not above it
>>
>>1030870
The offset grip makes it easier to resist the rotational forces. An inline grip would only be good for light screwdriving and drilling work, hence why they're usually marketed as power screwdrivers.
>>
>>1030759
Was talking about quality, dood.
>>
>>1025762
I like the maroon of the HF tools. Kind of like saying 'Yeah look, it's not great, so we're not going to pretend it is.
>>
File: 4-drill-on-table.jpg (265KB, 1000x703px) Image search: [Google]
4-drill-on-table.jpg
265KB, 1000x703px
Has anyone had a chance to try out Kobalt's new 24v max brushless line? The reviews I've read online sound promising, they're priced comparably to Porter Cable but the advertised specs compare to Defalts 20v brushless drill, and beat Defalt on the 1/4" impact driver. The circular saw apparently has a comparable depth of cut to a 7 1/4" saw, and the reciprocating saw sounds like it's just okay. Batteries are cheap compared to other brands($20-$80 for 2-5Ah). I'm trying to figure out which cordless line to buy into, and I'm seriously considering Kobalt, especially if they come out with a jigsaw.
>>
>>1032780
I'd search through a few different manufacturer's catalogs, and see if any of them have a cordless tool that stands out from the others.
>>
Anyone else notice that Ryobi seems to be in every fucking youtube DIY video now.

Those green fucks are popping up everywhere
>>
>>1025762
Taupe. The answer is always Taupe.
>>
>>1033067
It's because they are giving tools to the diytubers.
>>
>>1025762
Chicago Electric because I'm a shameless homer.
>>
>>1025762
As for corded.. My black and decker has taken a beating and still going strong! It has no torque setting or 'hammer' fuction. Just pure motor, chuck, trigger. Love this thing.. Had it for 5 years now and it looks like its gone through ww3 and back.
>>
>>1025762
White Makita for life
>>
>>1030526
DeWalt was purchased by Stanley-Black&Decker. Sadly must the brands that were trusted have failed because reliable tools at low prices don't make a successful company. They are reducing quality on purpose these days because they want you to buy replacements in a few years.

It far more profitable to burn a good brand by flogging cheap tools on its reputation then maintaining the brand.

That's why dewalt and Stanley tools are very hit and miss these days. Same story with washing machines, dishwashers, food processors, all small machines, only a few super expensive top line brands still make reliable stuff, and every year one of them gets brought out and switches to burn for profit mode.
>>
>>1033406
>"DeWalt was purchased by Stanley-Black&Decker.."
Over half a fucking century ago..

>"Sadly must the brands that were trusted have failed because reliable tools at low prices don't make a successful company. It far more profitable to burn a good brand by flogging cheap tools on its reputation then maintaining the brand.."
Like Milwaukeee. They used to be OK, then, the Chinks bought em, and raped em, repeatedly.

<"That's why dewalt and Stanley tools are very hit and miss these days.."
No, its why DeWalt remains the most trusted brand amongst professionals for near a century, over half of which, as said, in the ownership of B&D. Its also why, you should be careful listening to random internet shills, most of whom have no idea what they are talking about.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.