[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here have any knowledge they can share? Im pretty serious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Energy.png (18KB, 679x378px) Image search: [Google]
Energy.png
18KB, 679x378px
Anyone here have any knowledge they can share?

Im pretty serious about this project and any advice on any of the components will definitely help me.

Im looking to create a good makeshift bike generator that I pedal on to charge a reserve/battery.

Im pretty lost, I've read others projects but everyone seems to use what was laying around, some take apart treadmill motors etc.

Some determine how to create their build for a specific battery and amperage, Im still confused about watts/volts/amps to be honest.

Do I start by looking at how much energy im going to want and find a battery that meets it, then work backwards from there? working out the angles and things like how many rotations the wheel needs to make in comparison to the motor to output a certain current.

Any advice on any of the components id likely run into or use is appreciated.

Pic related.
>>
Bumpy
>>
>>1025184
This is a slow board, Your thread will be on page 1 for couple hours mate. No need to bump 10 mins after
>>
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Build-A-Bicycle-Generator/
>>
>>1025177
This is almost a meme on this board anon. It boils down to sure, you can do it. It'll take pedaling for like 12 hours to charge your phone, and you might make enough power in an hour to toast a piece of bread, and that's at Olympic level cyclist standards. Basically, when the professor had Gilligan pedaling the bike to power the transmitter, it was a load of shit.
>>
>>1025211
That's not entirely true. You can charge a phone or low power radio easily, it is just a question of why would you
>>
>>1025218
I'm not OP but I've considered making a stationary bicycle generator because then I could at least get some exercise and generate some half-useful amount of power while I'm shitposting.
>>
Back when I was still in school, we build a 500W grid tied inverter powered by a bike. I recomend getting your hands on a 3 phase low rpm gemerator. (These are used for low powered wind generators). They are a bit expensive though.
>>
>>1025297

This is what we used;
GL-PMG-500A.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.