[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Go launching in Japan in Mcdonalds. I would imagine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: gettyimages-546723048[1].jpg (53KB, 738x492px) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-546723048[1].jpg
53KB, 738x492px
Pokemon Go launching in Japan in Mcdonalds.

I would imagine they put pokestops inside all the Mcdonalds so people can sit and play.

Just wondering what is the solution for good GPS indoor for pokemon go?

How do they make the Mcdonalds receive GPS signal inside restaurant where I can sit down and farm the pokestop of that restaurant?

I saw some weekass GPS repeaters on the ebays for cars, which from its advertisement doesnt seem to bridge >3m, and has a signal strength of 1m.

Are there ways to diy a GPS indoor repeater or booster or whatever?
>>
If your phone isn't adequate I'd start there.
>>
OP has a very good observation, GPS won't work if the signal is blocked by concrete, even with a good GPS receiver it'll need to be a few meters from a window depending on the height of surrounding buildings
But if I was running the project I'd over come this at the software level with pokemon appearing based on free WiFi unique to McDonald's premises
Interested in seeing some sauce on this
>>
You phone doesn't only use satellites for determining your position. It also uses cell towers. This is why you don't lose location service under a dense canopy of trees as you would with a standalone GPS receiver.
>>
I think theres actually enough BS in a modern phone (or Apple shit, anyway) to track halfway reliably from last-known GPS - acelorometers, gyroscopes, whatever the fuk.. Add to to tower traiangulation per >>1025178 above, so much for POKEMON GO at least gets thh NEETs outta the cellars, and into the fresh air..

Obv. you need to enable and allow this whole bollocks - oitherwise, be illegal, wunnit? - just select 'PRIVACY? - NOTHANKS' option, or, install GO, same result.
>>
>>1025179
>Le Apple is best
>>
They also use wifi triangulation - google knows where all the wifis are from android phones and street view mapping
>>
Did you know that many wifi hotspots include their GPS location, and that Google collects all that data to use with their enhanced location services? So does every cell tower.

The GPS in your phone is almost always a low-precision device. It's data from additional sources that makes it functional.
>>
File: BESTEST.jpg (120KB, 806x682px) Image search: [Google]
BESTEST.jpg
120KB, 806x682px
>>1025181
>Apple is best
..at tracking? They Chiefs.
>>
>>1025192
No they don't - they mapped them roughly while they were street viewing and I'm sure android / google maps constantly collects data on where they roughly are, but there isn't a GPS chip in a router
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.