[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I want to make a bottle house, more of a shed really but still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Bottle-House1.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bottle-House1.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
So I want to make a bottle house, more of a shed really but still not sure if its legal to make one in California. Any tips?
>>
Contact your local planning department.
>>
>>1024210
Sp city hall or what? Should I expect to by paying for permits and inspectors?
>>
>>1024209
Don't bother doing anything in California. As far as city hall goes unless you want to wait 6 months or more and ask for variances this is one of those beg for forgiveness scenarios and not ask permission. Unless your neighbors are assholes and or you live in an hoa, just build it.
>>
>>1024209
>So I want to make a bottle house
Don't.
>>
>>1024212
If its under a certain square footage, iirc 120 feet, its considered an outbuilding and not subject to such stuff. That is pert the state. City and county rules can be much more stringent. See if your locality has put out any building codes.
>>
>>1024209
Are you a hippie? Use wood like a normal person.
>>
Check with your county, not 4chan. They have all the zoning and construction rules available.
>>
>>1024209
Why?
Please don't tell me it's an outhouse latrine.
>>
>>1024227
just saying, if my neighbor erects anything made out of trash, I will burn it down.
Nothing worse than people who fuck up a neighborhood.
>>
>>1024209
I have seen this sort of hippy-thing from years ago, but they always used glass bottles.... but the people in OP's photo appear to have used plastic 2-liter soda bottles?
?!?!?!?
PET degrades in sunlight? WTF do they think is going to happen to them? Do the bottoms stick out the outside of the concrete? Do they cover up the outside wall?

I don't understand the whole point of the bottles here.... ?

------

Anyway: it's still retarded, even if you could get enough glass bottles.

What would be better would be to make a mold for a large-ish concrete block (say, 3 x 3 feet) and then cast your own blocks one-by-one, with cement, until you had enough to build whatever you wanted.
>>
>>1027722
I have a cordwood building on some of my property up north. It's an out building that serves as additional housing for family beyond the main cabin. I love cordwood buildings, wish I would have inserted glass bottles into it like some people do.

I really hope they are completely encasing the plastic bottles in OP, otherwise after 5 years of cali sunlight they will have fucking bugs walking right through the holes left by rotted plastic.
>>
>>1028071
This isn't /b/
>>
>>1029878
this is what /b/ has turned into though
>>
Wouldn't that cost more than regular bricks due to bottle deposits?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.