[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to cool yourself without an AC? I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

What is the best way to cool yourself without an AC? I can't have AC for reasons.
>>
ice cubes up the butt.
>>
>>1023497
Your rectum is very susceptible to frostbite. I know this due to reasons.
>>
what about something like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxSLbpAwibg I've tried with some of those styrofoam boxes and dry ice.
>>
Do you live is a dry environment?
>>
Cold water on forearms. A bunch of veins and arteries are there. It will help cool your blood and regulate body temperature. Dip both arms in ice water (up to elbow), shake of excess water and let them stay Damp.
>>
>>1023491
Get an 8 hour ice pack and put it on the back of your neck.
>>
>>1023491
1. Get fan.
2. Point at self.
3. Drink lots of water.

The body's naturally occurring evaporative cooling technology is pretty much the most efficient method you can get without an AC unit, so your best bet is to augment it with moving air and feed it with a constant water supply. The various IceBucketWithFan hacks you find are basically just a slow way to melt ice. You'd be better of just sucking on the ice cubes, since more of the heat transfer is applied directly to your body that way.

>>1023515
This also works, but there's no need to make it ice water. Room temperature water + evaporation will draw plenty of heat out of your skin anyway.
>>
Put your feet in a bin with water in it and put a moist rag on the back of your neck
>>
>>1023507
If you're getting ice from your freezer, this doesn't cool your house, only the local area.

It's really no better than a fan. In the long term, a setup like this will raise the temperature of your home.
>>
Actually just drinking cold water will do more to cool yourself off better than just about anything else. Remember, whatever goes into your body, your body has to sacrifice its heat to bring whatever it is up to the same temperature and water takes a lot of heat.
>>
Have a bucket of ice-cold water next to you, hold your left hand in it for a minute and the artery will carry the colder blood to your heart, thus pumping colder blood over your body.
>>
>>1023491
'
Strip naked, douse your body in 93% rubbing alcohol, for evaporative cooling.
>>
Precisely describe your situation you autistic fuck.

There are many ways to cool yourself but without knowing the situation it's hard to give useful advice other than KYS.

> I can't have AC for reasons.

Fuck you, describe what those are, including your climate, your condition (sedentary, working, indoor, outdoor, humid climate, dry climate).
>>
>>1023515
"vasoconstriction"
this is a bad idea.
>>
>>1025359
Oh, nevermind.
Just keeping your body damp with cool at all times is OK in general. It doesn't have to be your arms.

But attempting to cool your body exclusively at the forearms is dumb.
>>
Get a motor, make a compressor, use the compressed air to take out the heat, add a fan.
there, you are cold now
>>
>>1023491
when it's incredibly hot and i'm at home I'm usually mostly naked. I just sit in front of a fan and mist myself with water from a spray bottle.

I'm not in the driest environment so eventually I'll just stay damp. But it works for several hours.
>>
>>1023491
Fan with wet rags draped over or in front of it is by far the easiest thing to do. You could take advantage of /diy/ phase change and make a bong cooler. You'd need access to a large cooler, pvc pipe, water pump, some sort of diffuser (shower heads) and fans. It would increase the relative humidity, but if it's good enough to cool a cpu, it could cool your room.
>>
File: IMG_20160418_072916.jpg (383KB, 1024x617px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160418_072916.jpg
383KB, 1024x617px
So many shills on here saying put your hand in a blender and turn it on we cant say how to because our CIA and military friends cant let the enemy know how to cool themselves in a remote location like in the desert or Iraq so ya drink lots of riverspring jewberg water powder to cool you off also invest on jewinc on wallst
>>
File: 1458154648801.jpg (664KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1458154648801.jpg
664KB, 2560x1920px
>>1025362
>>
>>1025601
There has been tons of research done on bad ideas over the course of human existence.
>>
>>1025601
I could achieve the same thing with an ice pack, but it could have some use for people who wear costumes all day.
>>
>>1023491
Just take off your top and put a damp old shirt on your shoulders.
>>
There are plenty of passive cooling garments like vests etc for sale.
>>
>>1023491
-move to a colder place
-go swimming
-kill yourself to stop producing body heat

Participation award please
>>
>>1025601
is this supposed to be an active cooling system?
perhaps using a peltier plate?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.