[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi I bought this screwdriver set from Lowe's, the kind where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160714_190251698.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160714_190251698.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
Hi I bought this screwdriver set from Lowe's, the kind where you detach and attach the screwheads to the tool. They have a little ball thing that keeps them locked into place when you insert em into the thing, but theres one that is a little deformed and the ball doesn't rise up as high, as you can see in the picture(top is good, bottom one is bad and it falls out, can't use it).

Any way to get the ball to rise out of its hole, or attach something to it?
>>
>>1022929
Try hitting the side of the hex with a hammer. If it doesn't pop out exchange it. Never had that happen.
>>
Maybe try a magnet?
Or try beating the fuck out of it
>>
>>1022934
I have with non-new tools crap gets in there and it binds the ball from sitting properly

You have two options, depress the ball and spring upside down and spray penetrating lube in the opening to clear it out and hope that gets it, or just replacing/exchanging it
>>
>>1023081
>>try beating the fuck out of it

Why is this not the go to meme for this board? I've beat the fuck out of things WAY more than I've even considered using a shipping container for anything.

At least >>get a bigger hammer
>>
>>1023198
>get a bigger hammer
>it'll fit !
>>
Any bits you buy from Lowe's are guaranteed to be piles of shit. Return it and check the new one's integrity before leaving the store
>>
>>1023198
This rule applies to my coworkers.
>>
File: sOVITFO.jpg (175KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
sOVITFO.jpg
175KB, 768x1024px
Penetrating lube first (WD-40, PB Blaster, whatever), then percussive maintenance.
>>
I microwave mine when this happens. It only takes about 30 seconds then I drop it in some rubbing alcohol to cool it and break the ball loose.
>>
return it, buy driver bits that don't suck.

also lol'ing at lowes. at least go to northern tool or harbor freight
>>
>>1022929
The one good thing about Kobalt is the no questions asked warranty. Go switch for a new one.
>>
Op update: I went back to Lowe's to exchange it and the lady looked at me weird, but she gave me a new set and the bits all seem to work
Thanks lowes
>>
>>1024149
>I went back to Lowe's to exchange it and the lady looked at me weird
She probably thought that was an acceptable level of defect and thought you were being too picky.
>>
>>1024213

Lol... it only had like 6 bits and the one I use the most was defected, fuck her if she thinks I was being picky
>>
>>1024149
>>1024223
Lowes employee here, it was probably all the "THING in the THING" FYI we hate people who say shit like that. "Thing" is not an adequate explanation of what you're referring to and it greatly upsets us when you use it especially when you give us your life's story behind the issue as well.
>>
>>1024415
but anon, if we don't give you our lifes story then how will you truly appreciate how important it is for the thingy to be operating properly in the thing for us?
>>
>>1024419
Also, the phrase, "If it was a snake it would have bit me!" is on the top of the list for most irritating things you can say. It is second only to the statement, "my contractor/brother/mother/etc. told me it's sold here so it must be here!" I cringe every time I here that statement and worse it's usually the asshat that wouldn't take "no we don't carry it" from the other associate ten feet away.
>>
>>1024424
hear*
>>
>>1024419
>but anon, if we don't give you our lifes story then how will you truly appreciate how important it is for the thingy to be operating properly in the thing for us?

That is not relevant to the exchange for defective merch process, it merely makes the babbler feel good.

I keep fucked bits in place in fucked holders by stuffing a strip of paper in the holder to take up the slack then shoving the bit in place. Done that for many years. Foil and plastic work too.
>>
Different anon here. I work at the returns desk. To anyone buying tools for light to medium use i highly recommend kobalt tools. They are made from shitty steel and are all cheaply made products, but we will exchange them no matter what condition they are in.
Even the Kobalt power tools have got 5 year warranties on them. Then again if you need something for heavy use, I'd say look at another brand
>>
>>1027921
Eh, the Taiwanese Kobalt hand tools are pretty good. The chinese stuff not as much.

I have my fair share of the stuff because Lowes puts shit on ultra clearance a lot, but never puts tags out to let people know. You find it online and then it just rings up.
>>
>>1024149
Lady at home depot gave me an attitude for exchanging a toilet seat that came broken that I bought the day earlier because I only had an online receipt. She gave me an irritated look and said, "I can't accept an online receipt" with a snarky voice, to which I said, "yes you can, why else would I have the option of taking an online receipt only?" In my "don't give me an attitude for asking you to do your job when I was being polite" voice. I've done this a dozen times in the last year and it was never an issue.

She got mad and told me she needed the number on the receipt, wouldn't tell which number, and then proceeded to snatch my phone out of my hand.

Fucking hell, if I was a dick I would have sold her out to her manager, but I don't want to get someone in trouble at work, nobody needs my help for that. I just want to have to deal with bullshit when I'm trying to straighten something out that wasn't my fault.

Anyways, don't let her weird look bother you, I imagine it's a shitty job where you spend most of the day trying to figure out if someone is trying to rip your employer off. She probably assumed you broke it.
>>
>>1028167
>Fucking hell, if I was a dick I would have sold her out to her manager, but I don't want to get someone in trouble at work

FUCK THAT, you need to slay shiteaters so they don't fuck the rest of us too. If they screw you, they screw many.

I report helpful people too. It blows minds. When I was at my local welding supply and met their district manager I praised their service in detail and the resulting email made it to the VP of Airgas (not a small company). I got even better service after that.
>>
Wait... I have a pair of bolt cutters i use for making jump rings. And cutting heads off of nails when need be. The handles are bent as fuck from one too many nails. And it just barely doesnt close all the way. The receipt is long gone since I bought it a while ago.. Its the kobolt brand. U lowes fags saying I can exchange this shit without a receipt?
>>
>>1028760
This. Praise the good and complain about the bad because if you don't, the inevitable result is that bad becomes the norm.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.