[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/. I want to lead a full on diy life. I want to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1468238795712.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1468238795712.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Hey /diy/. I want to lead a full on diy life. I want to make a living off my music, games, and art, and eventually buy some land in the middle of nowhere and build my own house. I need my stuff to be more financially successful so I was wondering if anyone had some diy promotion, business, and advertising help, as well as diy business advice. Any useful resources and suggestions very much appreciated, thanks!
>>
kill someone
>>
>>1022716

you never will. get a job at biglots you fucking loser
>>
>>1022716
*tips fedora*
>>
>>1022716
>I have no talent to do anything useful but I want others to pay me well for playing games.
>How do I advertise this?
Join Black Lives Matter
>>
>>1022716
This is actually the perfect time to make money with no real skills.

Look at those subscription box services like lootcrate and hellofresh.

People have already brought everything they already want but can't function with out opening something new, (check out box opening vids on youtube) so now people happily pay a company to package up nice new shining things they wouldn't have normally buy so they can just open it.
>>
You're not going to be successful long term unless your products are spectacular and cheap to produce. You do have products you intend on selling, right?
>>
>>1022792
>music, games, and art
prob. cheap to produce - how spectacular? we await proof of OPs genius.
>>
>>1022716
> I want to make a living off my music, games, and art

> living off my music
Not gonna happen, unless you're gonna play in cover band that takes gigs on weeding, corporation events/etc.
>living off my games
You can try to find a job in game studio. Otherwise make some indie game and sell them on steam for 1-3$ and maybe you make some money.
>living off my art
You may got some commisions, but it never will be serious money.

You build your brand over time. Start small, get some feedback, improve. You can't just switch from normal life to living off music/games/art, it's slow process.
>>
File: 1460941533636-b.png (449KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1460941533636-b.png
449KB, 540x540px
>>1022716
First things first, have you deleted System 32 on your computer?
>>
>>1022716

basically he wants to continue being a teenager instead of becoming an adult and paying for his own shit with his own money.

JUST LET MOM PAY FOR IT
>>
>>1022716
Yea, git gud at tangible shit and post it on etsy.
Music and games is fucking retarded.
>>
>>1022716
>music and art
>the diy life
Bitch, the diy life is being a construction worker or some kind of engineer. Shave your pussy beard, that shit will get caught in the lathe you'll never be qualified to use.
>>
>>1022792
Or services. That's what I do, sell myself, or the skills I have.
>>
>>1023011

If you reread that it might sound different to how you intended.

By definition prostitution isn't DIY.
>>
>>1023012
>prostitution isn't diy
It is if you're on top
>>
Ask the so-called /biz/nissmen, though unless you've done your homework they're just gonna recommend sucking cock.

Which ain't a bad idea, given your skillset
>>
>>1023090
No it isn't.
Masturbation is diy sex.
>>
>>1023124
If you're on the dick, actively doing it, then you are doing it yourself.
>>
Hi Varg! :D
>>
>>1022784
This is kind of a brilliant idea. Just open a gift wrapping service but instead of your typical holiday and special occasion wraps get some custom-made meme wraps. Kids'll love it.
>>
this is the best shitpost I've ever seen this year.
>>
Im a musician. I do a lot of studio work and paid gigs. It makes me under 10 grand a year(usually only do it for 6 months). With all the rehearsals, driving, and other bull that comes with it like listening to demos, writing, and practicing by myself it comes out to under minimum wage. I still have a full time day job. I've been doing it for over a decade now, not for the money, because I enjoy it. I was never at a point I had to ask the Internet how to make money with it, I fell into it because I was active, competent, and I networked. I made 3 grand off one single I had a small part on that got a lot of hits on youtube, I still get like $100 a quarter from my Ascap for it. I could at most make a guaranteed $25k a year if I quit my job and did music full time. That's not enough compared to what I make at my job that is always consistent.

And that's playing what people want to hear. I record my own music as well, my artistic vision, but that's not what people pay for.

I didn't mean to make this post so long, I'm just trying to say making money off music is a pipe dream. To do it you have to talk to the right people, promote in the right way, perform at the right shows, and ultimately conform to the market.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.