[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just set this up and it works fine but I get some juice where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Circuit.jpg (39KB, 800x383px) Image search: [Google]
Circuit.jpg
39KB, 800x383px
I just set this up and it works fine but I get some juice where I shouldn't. I haven't tried plugging to the grid yet, but when I switch on the batteries I read something like 1 volt in the red&black wires that I'm supposed to plug to the grid. If I touch the red wire with my finger I can feel a tiny bit of current, although I'm isolated from the ground. What is this faggotry ? All the connections are made with electrical tape which is kind of lame, but there's no short circuit as far as I can tell.

Plz halp
>>
It seems that it might be because it's a switch with a pilot light. Fucking shit. Is this safe ?
>>
>>1021915
>I just set this up and it works fine
>All the connections are made with electrical tape
>>1021934
> Fucking shit. Is this safe ?

No.
>>
You shouldn't be touching anything you tie into the grid anytime soon.
>>
>>1021954

Yeah I'm definitely not touching anything on purpose. I felt the juice because there was not supposed to be any and I was doing the last connections. I did some more research and the voltage I get is definitely due to the light. I'll have to check that it doesn't go both ways 'cause I don't want to send 1 volt to my inverter.

>>1021953
What would you recommend ? Connectors are a pain in the ass.
>>
>>1021915
>I get some juice where I shouldn't.
Please show picture instead of drawing
>>
Why is the switch on neutral? Get it to the live. Also, when the battery is reading 1v, is the inverter running normally? No overheating, etc
>>
First of all, this thread screams "I don't know what I'm doing!!".
You are toying with mains voltage, batteries and inverters..
My biggest concern is not you getting electrical chock, but a fault in the circuit which would connect your mains and inverter together, this could result in all sorts of fun!

That being said, you should use a double pole switch, so you switch both neutral and mains.
And please do ground your inverter as well, just the chassis.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.