[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do i risk for flying a homemade experimental aircraft without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: 120523leading-edge-rv-3.jpg (46KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
120523leading-edge-rv-3.jpg
46KB, 480x320px
what do i risk for flying a homemade experimental aircraft without authorization ?
>>
>>1021291

>death from above...
>>
>>1021291

like you stole someones aircraft?

around here a few F18s would chase your ass
>>
>>1021291
>what do i risk for flying a homemade experimental aircraft without authorization ?
your life
>>
If it meets the requirements for an ultra light. Than nothing.
>>
>>1021304
i'm French btw, the bureaucratic system is a pain in the ass.
>>
File: Huerta_hi_res[1].jpg (407KB, 740x950px) Image search: [Google]
Huerta_hi_res[1].jpg
407KB, 740x950px
>>1021291
Michael HueHueHuerta sends an army of drones, all with their own N-numbers, after you.

Also, /r/ing a bane edit of him.
>>
Not sure about an aircraft but we got a warning from the casa for flying our box kite too high. So I'm guessing a warning and probably some type of fine for flying an unregistered aircraft
>>
>>1021309
I have no clue what the french rules are, but I can try to explain the american ones...

Pretty much any "expirimental" aircraft will either be:
1. Ultralight
2. Light Sport
3. General Aviation

For ultralights, (read FAR Part 103 to learn what an ultralight is) you need no authorization, registration, etc etc, as long as you follow the flight rules described in Part 103.

For Light Sport and General Aviation, you need a license, medical check, to take ground school and flight training, aircraft registration, etc etc etc.

As far as flying a Light Sport or GA aircraft without those things? Well, go out to somewhere incredibly rural, with no actual airports bigger than grass strips for miles around. Nobodies gonna be using radar, nobodies gonna be requesting flight plans, nobody will notice anything unusual about a small plane just flying around. So unless you crash and get injured, you'd be fine.

Post pics of your plane btw, I'm curious what a 4chan user would have built as a homemade airplane.
>>
>>1021291
You risk going out like this guy
>>
>>1021291
considering you're in france, and most of europe is apeshit because of refugees and terrorists sneaking about with them, and the direct threats they made to the more developed countries, I'd say you'll be shot down quite fast.

it would be an unwise time to fly anything bigger than a drone during these times.
>>
>>1021921
Most drones are pretty big, anon. They're not quadcopter-sized.
>>
>>1021291
Assuming you don't crash and die, then you could be shot down if you enter the wrong airspace, and you will probably do jail time if they catch you.

All this is assuming you are in a civilised country where they rules for this sort of thing, if you are living in one of those countries run by savages (ie any country that is not a western democracy) then you may well get away with it for a very long time.
>>
>>1021992
>if you are living in one of those countries run by savages (ie any country that is not a western democracy) then you may well get away with it for a very long time.
or be beheaded without trial...
>>
>>1021296
Or below...depends on where you go
>>1021921
If he climbs (and that's if he doesn't fall apart first) into controlled airspace without permission or ID, they'd just send fighters to what the fuck is it and once he lands, they'd bill him for that...(couple of years in prison minimum)
However if he stays low, out of no-fly zones and generally away from any other air traffic, not many fucks will be given, at least if he does it just once.
>>
>>1021995
LoL, only if he is the wrong type of savage when they catch him!
>>
Since most of people here think that GTA is real life and you get shot at for flying your airplane wrong I will take time to explain this.

I'm in different european country, so take this in general terms.

1. For not registering your aircraft you face a fine. That's it. No one will shoot you down.
2. Flying without license, medical certificate and radio permission - this will get checked in flying clubs etc., or after an accident. No one will shoot you down. Flying without license may be a criminal offense in your country though.
3. Flying anywhere outside of uncontrolled airspace - that means controlled, prohibited, dangerous, excersice, separated etc. - this will get noticed immediately. 2 aircraft may be sent to intercept you. Now behave extra sketchy and this might transform into a pew-pew situation. If you followed them and land though, depending on current mudslim situation you can face heavy fines or even long prison sentences. Don't have koran on board.

Also, rules of flying experimental aircraft are really lax, so just save yourself trouble and deal with it.
>>
>>1022366
have aircraft ever been shot down by interceptors?
>>
>>1022368
Foreign aircraft yeah. Don't know of any local ones.
>>
>>1022368
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Lines_Flight_007

fugg :DDD
>>
>>1022382
I remember that, the whole thing was dodgy. With so many cover ups I doubt we will ever know what really happened
>>
>>1022382
holy shit! there was a rep on there!
>>
File: baned.png (415KB, 439x564px) Image search: [Google]
baned.png
415KB, 439x564px
>>1021318
it ain't perfect but here you go anon
>>
>>1021291
FAA in the USA
get arrested when you land, and massive legal issues
You need (SERIOUSLY MUST) register the craft. it probably isnt expensive to do so
also, a radio in your craft is REQUIRED

there are some recreational airports that you can probably fly at, but you must stay in their airspace
>>
>>1021305
this made me laugh quite a lot. Thanks anon :)
>>
>>1021291
death, mostly.
>>
>>1023228
>You need (SERIOUSLY MUST) register the craft.
only if it does not fall under FAR part 103
>>
>>1021291
Your life
>>
>>1021291
In USA, you might not even get caught if you fly low, slow and in rural area where there is no military bases or other aircraft vehicles, however this:
>>1023228
is something to consider

Also if you do not have radio in your aircraft, you risk your life, ie military to take down your plane

as for other countries, yet again, you risk your life
>>
>>1021309
>i'm French btw
my condolences
>>
>>1023502
It is quote an unfortunate breed to have been born
>>
File: 1418831335809.jpg (68KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1418831335809.jpg
68KB, 431x450px
>>1023435
>Also if you do not have radio in your aircraft, you risk your life, ie military to take down your plane
>>
>>1023228
>>1023435
>only if it does not fall under FAR part 103
>>
>>1021857
The fuck does John Lennon have to do with it
>>
>>1022862
Fucking thanks, this is great.
>>
Even if you stay out of controlled airspace, people at the airfield will notice your experimental tagazou and ask questions.
Nobody wants a jackass flying a death trap around them.
>>
File: batrider promo bishobola .jpg (477KB, 1200x656px) Image search: [Google]
batrider promo bishobola .jpg
477KB, 1200x656px
>>1021296
thats what you get
>>
>>1021309
fwiw pretty sure the regulations involving flight suck everywhere...
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.