[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

situation: I live with my family in an apartment building that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: Trane Header.jpg (45KB, 900x177px) Image search: [Google]
Trane Header.jpg
45KB, 900x177px
situation:

I live with my family in an apartment building that supplies AC in the summer and heat in winter via the same central radiator unit(s). My bedroom happens to be a small extension of the building probably not to code, with it's own unit, tapped off my brothers room next door in what used to be facing the exterior, now walled off (definitely not to code). And, because it's walled off entirely, my brother resorts to using a combination of ceiling fan and cold humidifier to fight off the inevitable hotbox his room turns into during the winter, with no ventilation and the hot pipes running to my room, so I don't freeze. Now he also uses some kind of weight on top of some aluminum foil to try and dissipate the heat rising from his radiator, but I was wondering, even if it's silly, if there is some sort of thing I can build, a well designed heat sink of some kind, that would improve upon this. Ideally it would be compact and be able to sit upon the radiator.
>>
>>1015891
Something as simple as a plastic jug full of water might work (dumping out the water when it gets warm and replacing it with cool water).
>>
>>1015891
>some kind of weight on top of some aluminum foil to try and dissipate the heat rising from his radiator,
Are you, perchance, trying to make the radiator cooler by dissipating its heat into the room while wondering why the room becomes so hot?

>Ideally it would be compact and be able to sit upon the radiator.
It's called blanket. Throw it on top of the radiator to stop it from heating the room.
>>
File: Trane.png (316KB, 961x271px) Image search: [Google]
Trane.png
316KB, 961x271px
>>1015891
I like the old Trane logo better
>>
File: 19789999.jpg (105KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
19789999.jpg
105KB, 400x345px
>>1015891
>heat sink

how exactly are the radiators set up?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.