[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started researching making air rifles. If I use PVC, I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
Just started researching making air rifles. If I use PVC, I can't really exceed 150 psi, but at the same time, I need a Schrader valve regardless of whether I use PVC or steel piping, and the only ones I have available also can't exceed 150 psi. Any suggestions for what I should do? I was thinking a check valve that can exceed 150 psi with a Schrader at the end of it, that way it can pump air in fine without having to worry about the Schrader valve shooting into my lung while I'm pumping it
>>
File: image_13996.jpg (149KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image_13996.jpg
149KB, 1200x1200px
I'd recommend a brass coupler for air compressors. Easier to fill if you add the valve and use an air compressor. You can also add a gauge so you constantly know pressure
>>
>>1011246
best idea.
>>
>>1011246
This, then get one of these to go innawoods

http://m.harborfreight.com/5-gallon-portable-air-tank-65594.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

It'll be easy to convert it to a proper air compressor coupling. You might ask why not just leave it since it's a schraeder valve hose, and that's because air compressor hardware will last hard repetitive use, schraeder valves aren't meant to be used several times a day.
>>
>>1011246
Same guy here.
I made a PVC potato cannon, and used this. I used a 2 foot section of 2 inch PVC, with a solid cap on one end, threaded with a long piece like the attached picture and washer on the inside of the cap(only using one side of the nipple so the washer was held in place by the center joint) and screwed the female coupler I show above onto the outside of the cap. I threaded the hole through the cap, and screwed it together, using lock tight, and a lot of pressure to make it air tight. That was my tank. The end without the cap met a series of reducers down to an electronic sprinkler valve, and a series of reducers opposite of the valve to a 1 inch pipe as the muzzle of the launcher. I then cut the potatoes to fit tightly. Worked well for me. I used my air compressor and filled it to around 95 psi, and got 3 shots or so going 50+ yards.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.