[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just moved into a new apartment and there's this black

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 20160614_053850.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160614_053850.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
I just moved into a new apartment and there's this black stuff on the walls.

Looks like there was a fire here or something.

It's everywhere.
I tried to clean it with soap and water, it barely did anything.

Then I tried mr clean magic eraser and it scrubbed the paint right of the wall.

What do I use to get this shit off?

Thanks.
>>
File: 20160614_053818.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160614_053818.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Pics incoming
>>
File: 20160614_053752.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160614_053752.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>
>>1008483
Most people would use paint
>>
Best option is to primer/repaint. Cleaning all that would not be worth it. Ask your landlord if he will repaint it or let you throw some paint on.
>>
>>1008487
>>1008486
>repaint
>an apartment
Why?
I'm renting it.

And no my landlord won't paint or repair shit.

There's GOTTA be something I can use to get most of it off at least.
>>
>>1008490
>scrubbing walls
>an apartment
Why?
You're renting it.
>>
>>1008487
This is the best and most obvious solution.
>>
>>1008483
That's black mold. You'll develop respiratory problems soon. Look it up.
>>
>>1008483
That's mold, you cannot simply clean it up, it goes deep into wall, and will regrow back. It will fuck your lungs up.
>>
>>1008490
Then scrub it off or move out dipshit. I don't know what answer you're looking for here. There is no magical cleanser that will take it off with no effort.
>>
>>1008492
>Wiping your ass
Why?
You're just going to shit again.
>>
>>1008490
Nothing wrong with repainting a rental. It's for your own personal benefit - you are creating better living conditions for yourself.
>>
>>1008483
Does the apartment have oil heat, anon? Not likely, but possible.
>>
Get a mold test kit, if it's mold, withhold your rent from your landlord and bill him for the hotel room you're going to be staying in while he remediates the problem. If it isn't mold, don't worry about it.
>>
>>1008490

>landlord wont paint or repair

then you move the fuck out. the landlord is responsible for making repairs to the apartment as long as you are renting it. what kind of faggit are you that you dont know about RENTERS RIGHTS
>>
Looks like mould/damp

>paint over it
Don't waste your money. It will just come through again until the damp course is repaired.
>>
>>1008483
from the pics you showed it looks like the landlord tried to cover it /clean it with paint based on how you can see the roller marks on the wall. Do not pay rent and leave immediately until the situation clears itself.
>>
I had a major mold problem in the house I'm in. It literally looked like the walls were painted black, but I get a killer deal on the house.
1) open ALL windows
2) spray all blackness li really with bleach
3)wait to see results (~1day) and reapply
4)anything that doesn't go away just wipe a cellulose sponge and a 10/1 water/bleach solution

If there's anything left you could have drywall pentetration mold so call your landlord and tell that worthless cunt to manage his fucking business instead of raping tenants
>>
>>1008504
You can't just leave your ass behind for a new one once the lease is up.
>>
>>1008770
Lol that does not remove it you dumb fuck.

You're going to die.
>>
Vinegar works really well for mold, but you shouldn't have to do shit, that's the land lord's problem not yours. I recommend moving again.
>>
>>1008497
>>1008496
There's no way it's mold

There must have been a fire here or something.

It's mostly near the heaters and it's not growing or anything.
>>
Spray a small area with full strength bleach but don't wipe it. If it's mold it will dissipate within 24 hours.

Another test if to go out and buy a small container of primer, costs just a few bucks at your local walmart or hardware store. Paint a section and see if the black stuff comes back. If it does...that's mold.

You may not think it's mold, and I can't tell 100% with just pics, but it's good to rule it out either way. Mold is a serious threat to your health in any home and should be taken as such.
>>
>>1008483
heat attracts and then sort of burns? I guess? dust in the air that then often sticks to nearby walls and ceiling, I have this going on in the exact shape of my heating pipes/heaters on walls and ceiling (where stuff is near ceiling)
the closer you are to a road with some traffic, the faster it will appear

long story short it's a sign that paint job is at least 5~6 years old

how to get it off? considering you have one of those weird heater wall thingies, it's probably every fuckingwhere.

you won't take it off without leaving marks or smudges. you could try using a microfiber cloth (DRY) to scrub it off, maybe a dry brush (not too stiff or it will leave marks).

once you have used water or any liquid, it's fucked, it's done, you'll scrub it till you basically grind it off

best advice really? if you want to change anything. generally wash it off without much care of how much smudging happens and then paint over.

if you don't wash it first. it will stain your first paint pass

or do nothing, it won't do you harm, it isn't fungus.

cheers
>>
Not mold. I've seen this shit before. I bet previous tenant was a smoker. That tar shit gets everywhere and is a bitch to clean. Looks like someone tried scrubbing it off in one of the pics. Only way to get rid of it is prime/paint.
>>
>>1008772
Lol it fucking removed it you dumb fuck I'm going to live forever. I put new gyprock up in the affected area and there was nothing underneath. If theres only surface mold my experience trumps your Internet cuckold bullshit. If the mold has penetrated the gyprock or is coming through from underneath then anon needs to contact the landlord
>>
>>1008826
If it were the colour of butter I'd be liable to believe you but it's not so I don't.
>>
>>1008483
Sugar soap.
>>
>>1008483

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stachybotrys

If it's black mold you can get cancer.

But it looks like soot, from years of living near heat sources, engines, candles or smoking.

If it's the toxic mold you don't have to pay rent, that shit grows in your lungs and kills you.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.