[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/ Picked this flask up yesterday and it had a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 20160612_222941.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160612_222941.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Hey /diy/

Picked this flask up yesterday and it had a little metal disc with a stupid weed leaf on it. After prying that off theres all this old glue (pic related) that I cant pry off, is there some solvent or something I can use?
>>
>>1007528
Try Goo Gone or some similar citrus based glue remover. Might need something stronger though.
>>
>>1007528
Acetone always works wonders form me.
>>
thinners or degreaser
>>
>>1007528
Take your pick of organic solvents.
Acetone would probably be the easiest, though denatured alcohol, 99% isopropanol, carb cleaner, brake cleaner, etc. should work
>>
>>1007528
Fire. Fire cleanses everything.
>>
Try acetone

If that doesn't work use goo gone
>>
Isopropyl alcohol if the other suggestions don't work first
>>
>>1007528
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>1007528
Cover surrounding area with paper.
Proceed to wear it away with rough sand paper, make sure to stop before you damage the metal. Use a dab of petroleum jelly and apply to the remainders.
Then use something softer, but rigid (like plastic or wood) to nudge the glue from the metal without damage.

Take it out on a full moon night while stark naked and beat at your chest while you howl and spill your blood on the glue. This will chase the spirits of stickyness.
>>
>>1007528
A marijuana flask?
So you can drink joints on the go?
Why did you buy a weed flask? Flasks are cheaper than dirt.
>>
Try freezing it, then put in boiling water, then freeze again
>>
>>1007528
Acetone or mineral spirits probably. I would bet gas/lighter fluid could work too for cheaper
>>
>>1007528
I think carb cleaner has acetone in it, if you have it lying around.
>>
>>1007528
The best things to use are white spirits (mineral spirits for our American friends), acetone or lighter fluid, I'd stay away from brake cleaner as someone else mentioned because it may discolour the metal (test it on the bottom first if you must), heat will also help, you could try filling the flask half full with hot water, don't do up the top though as the heat may well destroy the rubber 'O' ring.

Oh and no sand paper as someone else suggested, you will never do it without scratching it to fuck.
>>
Also recommending acetone. Old cured epoxy residue usually needs to soak in a shallow pan of acetone for a couple days before it softens up enough to scrape off with a razor. I'd put it face down in a plastic pan and put it outside to avoid fumes indoors. If you're lazy you can pick up nail polish remover from the grocery store. Check the label to be sure it contains acetone.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.