[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So thanks to the delightful people of Adult Swim I was introduced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

So thanks to the delightful people of Adult Swim I was introduced to pic related.

It was... funny? I guess?

I never watched this show and only know of it through memes. Is this show actually good or is it just Reddit meme bullshit?
>>
>>55146
reddit meme bullshit
>>
First time i watched an episode all the way through and it just seemed to be trying too hard. I dunno it just felt off.
>>
>>55146
I think it's alright, but trying to interpret any deep meanings from R&M is retarded.

It's just a funny and stupid show.
>>
>>55146
I like it, but it wasn't worth delaying the new SJ just to watch it a billion times.
>>
>>55146

Meh, it was good for the first season and then it started trying too hard.
>>
>>55146
It's a great show .
>>
Season 1 has a lot of actually really good episodes. Season 2 and so far for season 3 was utter gobshite.
>>
>>55146
This was a pretty standard episode, so there ya go. If you liked it you'll probably like the rest of the show. Otherwise, by all means, call it Reddit meme and leave it at that.
>>
>>55215
This is the impression i got from the episode tonight

And apparently sauce is a big thing for this show?
I'm so fucking confused
>>
Just watch the first season and form an opinion for yourself. You really gonna trust the word of a board that has constant Steven Universe threads?
>>
File: Plankton.png (38KB, 175x200px) Image search: [Google]
Plankton.png
38KB, 175x200px
>>55146
This show is the animated reddit version of Big Bang Theory.

Just throw in some nerdy shit and shitty jokes, and presto! We've made a million dollars.
>>
I think it's pretty funny, the first season more than the second. People say its Reddit because they like it a lot but it's still pretty good on its own, sort of an edgier Futurama. I think if you thought it was funny its worth watching the rest, at least to see if you like that too. Good luck trying to talk about it though.
>>
>>55146
There are some legit 10/10 moments but also some moments where you just know Justin goes into reddit too much, overall it's good, I'd say a 8/10
>>
>>55386
>edgier futurama

Nobody wanted an edgier futurama, beause futurama was a nice blend of funny moments and character interations, with characters that you actually kinda gave a fuck about.

Anytime I ever watched an episode of Rick and Morty, it was like everything was telegraphed. Rick is an asshole scientist and Morty is fucking scared of everything. That's yhe premise of every episode. They do a thing that allows Rick to be an asshole ad Morty to be scared of shit.

Also the voice are fucking annoying.
>>
I think it's a terrible show.
>>
>>55365
I just filter that shit out. Literally don't know a single goddamn thing about Stephen Universe except that the characters all look fucking stupid
>>55299
>>55386
>>55391
Maybe I'll need to give it a try.
I'm still salty as fuck though so it'll be later if I do
>>
I don't see why people hate the show so much.
>>
>>55146
its good but you have to start from the beginning. 90% of the show you watched was references to other shows in the series
>>
>>55674
I agree but still think it's usually very funny.
>>
File: 1486801586476.jpg (31KB, 252x496px) Image search: [Google]
1486801586476.jpg
31KB, 252x496px
>>55146
all I got from watching this for the first time is that rick is a mary sue, and nothing made me laugh.

actually nothing new makes me laugh but I just didn't find rick and morty entertaining.
>>
>>55146
>Damage Control

Fuck reddit and FUCK THIS SHOW AND FUCK ADULT SWIM.
Dont give that shit anymore views, spread the word it's our turn to laugh.
>>
>>55859
>mary sue
Biggest misuse of this term in /cock/ history
>>
File: QuestioningCrow.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
QuestioningCrow.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>55788
>Makes an entire post about how the show isn't funny
>I agree but still think it's usually very funny

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>55958
This makes me more happy that I just watch SJ from megas here and other streaming sites. Never really like AS swim all that much and I sure as hell don't want to give them my views. Not even on their online stream
>>
>>55146

i thought it was retarded. but people tell me the first season was better. not really interested though.
>>
>>56096
>make huge subjective generalizations
>why don't you 100% agree with me are you retarded?
I agreed that the characters are predictable but they still do stuff that makes me laugh, don't be such a cunt.
>>
>>55146
I am also new to this show and found tonight's episode mildly funny.
More importantly, based on your image: Is Tim B^Uckley involved in this cartoon at all?
>>
File: rly deep.jpg (247KB, 2048x973px) Image search: [Google]
rly deep.jpg
247KB, 2048x973px
>>55146
First season was pretty decent with a few great moments but still flawed.
Second season made these problems worse while flanderizing the characters.
On a whole there are a few memorable gags but it's mostly reddit meme bullshit with hamfisted "feels" moments like pic related for the fans to go "lol so deep"

The fans of the show do not seem to understand that Rick and Morty had mixed reception here since it started airing (because they obviously do not come from here), so they'll call anyone who dislikes it a contrarian who just dislikes it because it's the most popular thing on Adult Swim, even though a lot of us disliked it from the start and only hated it more once it became obnoxiously popular.

I'd say watch the first season if you feel like you got nothing better to watch.
>>
>>56221
Aye and we can spread the episodes around here and other places.
>>
I feel like this episode just embodies all of my fears about what this series would become.

I was always worried that the show would shift more and more to being entirely about Rick and that every other character would just revolve entirely around him and nothing else. There wasn't a single part of this episode that wasn't characters discussing Rick. For right now that's fine because him getting arrested was the big cliffhanger that needed resolving, but if the entire show is going to become "When Poochie isn't on screen every other character should be asking where is Poochie" then I'm out.
>>
File: 1489513287538.jpg (58KB, 512x409px) Image search: [Google]
1489513287538.jpg
58KB, 512x409px
>>56237
I mean I guess at the end of the day I've got no right to say you aren't allowed I like something that I don't like. I just don't understand how people like stuff that's so... I dunno, predictable? Like, it just feels like one of those shows that tries to be a meme so hard that it eventually forces memes to happen.

When the "Get Shwifty" thing happened, almost all of my "nerdy" friends would keep making references to it over and over. Not to mention that they'd do the character voices all the time. It just feels like a reddit normie meme factory to me.
>>
>>55146
You said it was funny. Why don't you watch a few more episodes and decide for yourself instead of waiting for permission from 4chan you fucking sheep?
>>
>>55146
It's really hit or miss. A few great episodes, some mediocre-to-decent episodes, a few shit episodes.
>>
>>56951
It wasn't THAT funny.
>asking for anons' opinion of the show
>somehow this is asking "can I watch it?"
Please think before you post dipshit
>>
>>56307

Was that supposed to be deep? I thought it was just a joke.

I agree that the "feels" moments feel really hamfisted, Rick is so much of an asshole that when he switches to "Take care, Morty, you're better than me" it isn't believable.
>>
I didn't think it was funny, but I'm more on the side of "The Jackfags getting supremely butthurt about this shit joke are just as sad and pathetic as the RnM redditors going "GET RICK ROLLED NERDS!11!".

Honestly if Season 5 of Sam Jack weren't here yet, I'd say this was a cute way to start a new season. Otherwise I couldn't care about RnM and how downer it is about everything in an attempt to look deep. Futurama had it's deep moments, but sharpened it with just enough optimism to be a good show. I don't need a r/athiesm fleshlight of a show to remind me how God isn't real and how I'm a loser for not agreeing with them.
>>
>>55737
Because you don't fuck with the Samurai
>>
>>55146
>Reddit meme bullshit
jump in a fire
>>
>>55146
It's good, but hardcore fans overhype it.
>>
>I'm *burp* sad Morty *burp*
>*attempts suicide*
>Reddit: Wow, so.. dee,, p
>>
>>55146
I like it. /co/ hates it simply because they're contrarian faggots.
>>
>>59980
Then why's everyone so assblasted over Jack?
>>
>>55146
it's alright. if you dont have anything else to do, just try it, but it isnt the greatest thing
>>
>>55146
>Is this show actually good or is it just Reddit meme bullshit?
How about you watch it and judge for yourself instead of listening to spastic autists
>>
>>55375
>This show is the animated reddit version of Big Bang Theory.
No it's not, because unlike BBT where all jokes boil down to LE AWKWARD NERDS BEING AWKWARD TEEHEE *canned laughter* R&M references a lot of actual sci-fi classics, and not necessarily in a mocking fashion. It's more like a tribute rather than anything else, which can't be said about BBT.
>>
Adult Swim really knows its audience.
What better April Fools' prank than to take away an episode of a show with one of the most autistic fanbases in recent history.
The only thing better would be to air the fifth episode next week, conveniently 'forgetting' they skipped one.
>>
>>60036
There were contrarian fucks hating on SJ ALL WEEK because muh waifu, now it's just cooler to shit on R&M and praise SJ cuz THE MAN put it on ice for a week, and by this time next Sunday we'll all have forgotten about R&M and /co/ will turn to going "UUUUGH I GUESS GENNDY THINKS HE CAN JUST PLAY WITH MY HEART, NOT HAVING THIS SHOW PLAY OUT EXACTLY LIKE MY FANART!"
>>
>>61715
>What better April Fools' prank than to take away an episode of a show with one of the most autistic fanbases in recent history.
How did a show with practically zero overarching plot or LORE manage to attract such a spergy fanbase? Is it just because he uses a folded-over-9000-times katana?
>>
>>59206
kys
>>59965
kek
>>61712
I'd rather gauge anons' opinion on it before i watch it since I'm honestly not that interested in it
>>61715
Name one show that does not have an autistic fanbase. This is /co/ for fucks sake. Theres nothing but manchildren here
>>61719
Your assumption is based around the fact that SJ needed a story to attract its fans. SJ never had a story beyond "the weekly adventures of Samurai Jack". It was the show's artstyle and ability to evoke a lot power and emotion in just a short 20 minute segment
>>
>>55391
>Justin goes into reddit too much
Justin is solidly a 4chan man, any time they talk about the internet in their commentaries Justin's always talking about 4chan. Harmon is very reddit centric though.
>>
>>61852
>since I'm honestly not that interested in it
Then don't watch it you fucking faggot, jesus christ. This isn't difficult.
>>
>>61977
>this isn't difficult
It's not. You're the one making it difficult. I want to hear anons' opinions of R&M. That's it. Fuck
>>
First season was legitimately great
Second season had a few good episodes but took a sharp quality dive almost immediately
third season premiere seemed ok. It wasn't very funny, but it wasn't bad
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.