[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else's family just do absolutely abhorrent shit to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: 1469232530121.gif (259KB, 789x561px) Image search: [Google]
1469232530121.gif
259KB, 789x561px
Anyone else's family just do absolutely abhorrent shit to food that you never really questioned until years later?

>Dad would crush up Doritos and add them to his ramen noodles
>Not even drain the noodles or put them in a bowl, just a plastic container like you would buy sandwich meat in
>Dorito crumbs would just float around and be soggy

For years I thought ramen just tasted bad and wasn't for me because I never considered not doing the "add doritos" process of it
>>
Shit did your dad go to jail? That sounds like the shit they usually do in jail in between making pruno
>>
>>37155
I can't imagine being autistic enough to watch stephen universe and I don't want to read the ramblings from an autist that does. Kill yourself
>>
File: 1434781846907.jpg (43KB, 582x648px) Image search: [Google]
1434781846907.jpg
43KB, 582x648px
>>37253
You know he did actually, I never considered that connection.

He almost immediately went back to jail after my mom left him, pretty sure he tried to rob someone's house.

>>37297
It was the first cartoon in my image folder, I'm sorry anon. Have a Gumball.
>>
Fuck, i used to date this guy whose mom's cooking was unimaginable disgusting. A few recipes from her repertoire:
Hot mayo on rice.
Steaked boiled in a pan.
Boiling canned vegetables.
Tuna and peanut butter sammies.
Saltines as a side.
No salt in anything.
And using a dash of seasoning from a packet of taco seasoning that she was "not sure how old" it was
>>
Dad dips toast in coffee.

I do too.
>>
My dad used to blend tofu into pancake batter.
>>
My family once gave me a plate of fish with beans on the side
fish
with fucking beans on the side
I was so mad.
>>
>Dad puts barbecue sauce over his Mac 'n Cheese
>just joking, it was me
>>
I'm the black sheep in my family, in that when I peel the lid off a can of yogurt I don't lick it.
>>
>>38033
>4chanx saying tags are not supported on /cock/

You know anon that doesn't sound completely awful
>>
>>37155
My mom would make really strange and probably inedible desserts, for example one time she put an entire orange (peel and all) in some pastry and baked it.
>>
>>38033
Considering I usually eat Mac n cheese with BBQ, just putting it straight on the Mac n cheese doesn't sound all that bad. Just needs to have meat in the Mac. Throw some pulled pork and bacon in there and just go ham.
>>
>>38217
holy fuck anon
I need to try that
>>
Whenever my brother made chocolate milk from powder he would put loads of chocolate powder in a glass and then pour milk on top so it would never mix properly. It pissed me off no end because of how wasteful it was.
>>
>>37297
Steven universe is the most popular cartoon on this board, nigga fuck off
>>
>>38033
I've got a BBQ olace around here that does that along with some scallions and goldfish crackers.

It would be great if the mac and cheese itself was creamier and more flavorful.
>>
>>37824
that normal there. Is he French?
>>
>>38557
>/trash/ actually literally unironically believe this
>>
>>37155
My parents used ground turkey in place of ground beef in everything. Even burgers. It was a sad childhood.
>>
Help me settle an argument, /cock/, is putting mayo on a hot dog weird?
>>
>>37731
>saltines as a side
My mom would do this. Saltines are the worst kind of cracker and I thought I hated crackers forever until I had Club.
Club is a god-send.
>>
>>38683
no
>>
>>37155
Ketchup and rice
Just plain ol' white rice and tons of ketchup
>>
>>38675
recently only samurai jack has been the more discussed cartoon, do you even frequent /co/?
>>
im probably the only one in my family that does weird shit like microwaving ham before putting it in my sandwich
>>
>>37297
do you really need to be a faggot about it?
>>
File: 1490426932226.png (529KB, 1287x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490426932226.png
529KB, 1287x360px
>>37731
>Tuna and peanut butter sammies.

fucking why?
>>
>>38683
i do it all the time, of course i also add ketchup and mustard
>>
>>39121
Says the faggot that watches SU
>>38557
That's sad and really a marker of the tumblr presence on your shit board than a marker of quality for that awful trite.
>>
File: impossible.png (23KB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
impossible.png
23KB, 500x459px
>>39245
can you be a triggered bitch somewhere else? we are discussing food
>>
Anybody else used to put a slice of processed cheese on top of their spaghetti-os?
>>
Ketchup in instant white rice

I did and still do like it
>>
>>38916
Oh shit, me and my family aren't the only ones then >>39374
>>
>>39374
Subhuman spotted
>>
>>39245
/cock/ is a place where we should be able to set aside our differences and come together! be accepting of people, especially people from your board
>>
my mom cooks garlic until its sweet
>>
>>38319
I always had the nestle chocolate syrup and I'd do it that way. I'd drive myself nuts as a kid trying to to scrape up and mix the chocolate at the bottom of the glass, but I didn't like not having a clear measurement of how much I was putting in by just squirting it in the milk
>>
i remember i ate pineapple slices with chocolate once as a kid, some stupid dish i created, didnt taste bad tho'
>>
>>39374
That's some Cuban shit
>>
My Mom put a sprinkling of sugar in her peanut butter sandwiches and started letting me do it when I was a kid. I only started weaning myself off when all my friends in highschool gave me weird looks for it.

I still do it when I'm alone, though
>>
>>39630
i did the same shit, except with crackers instead of sandwiches, didnt have jelly
>>
>>39463
>cooking garlic until it's sweet

It's supposed to be. Do you eat raw onions as well?
>>
>>39455
fuck /co/, the reason I don't browse that shithole anymore is because the userbase is too autistic and garbage like SU and other sjw nonsense is why. And fuck anyone that even passively likes garbage like SU, kill yourself you mentally ill scoon.
>>
>>39726
Do you not?
>>
>>39862
Anon...
>>
File: 6021448_orig.jpg (126KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
6021448_orig.jpg
126KB, 600x800px
My mom used to mix the peanut butter and jelly together in a bowl until it was a sort of purplish paste when making PB&J sandwiches. I never questioned it growing up because I thought it was what everyone did. When I finally did ask her about it, she said it was to make sure the two flavors didn't overpower each other, which I guess makes as much sense as anything.

I still make my PB&J sandwiches this way, when I can be bothered to dirty a bowl. Can't say she was wrong about the flavor thing- maybe it's because it's how I was brought up, but it really does taste more even, somehow.
>>
>>39972
What the hell do you put in your sandwiches?
On your burgers?
In your salads?
>>
>>40083
>sandwiches
Grilled onions
>burgers
Grilled onions
>salads
Anon, please..
>>
>>40068
My aunt occasionally made "leftover" nachos to clean out the fridge.

And it was never a solid recipe but whatever leftovers their were after a week or two made into the topping/dip part covered with cheese.

Taste varied wildly.
>>
>>40068
>to make sure the two flavors didn't overpower each other
i don't understand what that means
>>
>>37155
>>37253
>>37425
Yeah, different anon here, that's some straight up prison food shit
>>
>>40242
>grilled, soggy onions in a sandwich
Gross.

>not eating salad
Oh, you're fat. Should've known.
>>
>>41098
I mean you don't put raw onions in salad. How can you eat things in the onion family without properly releasing the flavors through cooking? Do you eat raw potatoes too? Goddamn anon get some taste.
>>
File: throw up.gif (168KB, 499x360px) Image search: [Google]
throw up.gif
168KB, 499x360px
my grandma put canned tomatoes on mac and cheese
>>
>>40624
Not him, but I'm assuming that them being mixed together prevents taking a bite and getting a mouthful of mostly PB or J.
Mixed together, they are one.
>>
>>38033
I put a small amount of ketchup on mine, no matter how much I like it. It's a habit of mine that I've had since I was a kid and it just stuck.
>>
>>38033
i do this too and also throw some chicken and chopped jalapenos in there
>>
>>39629
Really? I'm Canadian
>>
>>38597
I want to steal paneria bread's recipe for mac and cheese because that cheeze sause is amazing. Though I love white cheddar.
>>
I boil my rice on high with no lid so it stays super firm. I don't like soft rice.
>>
>>37824

Dipping various breads in coffee is pretty common.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.