[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into current DC? So, there was New 52, Rebirth happened,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: ga_rb.jpg (988KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
ga_rb.jpg
988KB, 1988x3056px
How do I into current DC?

So, there was New 52, Rebirth happened, and everything is the pre-reboot universe again? I'm not sure it's that.

Could I just jump into Rebirth titles without reading any New 52, Multiversity, Convergence or DCYou?

Is anything from the reboot saved? Is there any pre-Rebirth titles I should check?

Thanks for helping.
>>
>>95398782
>Rebirth happened, and everything is the pre-reboot universe again?

No, there were changes, but it mostly continues New 52 continuity. Superman, Wonder Woman and Deathstroke had the biggest history changes, but the first two were explained in-story.

>Could I just jump into Rebirth titles without reading any New 52, Multiversity, Convergence or DCYou?

Easily, all ongoings are pretty accessible.
>>
File: superclarck.jpg (696KB, 1280x1258px) Image search: [Google]
superclarck.jpg
696KB, 1280x1258px
>>95398827

First of all: thanks for the help. I guess I'll just check the new books.

On the other hand, there was this book some months before Rebirth about Lois & Clark, which were the versions of the pre-reboot continuity, right? Is it relevant? Are these Supes and Lois still around?

And, completely unrelated, is Convergence worth reading?
>>
>>95398782
>Could I just jump into Rebirth titles without reading any New 52, Multiversity, Convergence or DCYou?
You could but you'd be skipping good stories to read mediocre stories.
>>
>>95398782
The point of rebirth is so people can start reading without having to read New 52. It's not a reboot, its still the same universe and as such they do make reference to stuff they have already added (i.e. court of owls in nu52 batman )

Here's a reading order list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QVsAv9kPYAy3jqrWU6gJGDNTnx13I08Ihy14aVEC-zg/edit#gid=609998967

For Rebirth checkout Green Lanterns, Superman, Aquaman, and Deathstroke.
Avoid Green Arrow, Nightwing, The Flash (first few arcs are bad) Justice League

>>95398890
Convergence is pure dogshit, don't waste your time.

All you need to know is that New52 Superman is dead, and for some very convoluted reason pre flashpoint Lois and Clark are in this universe.
>>
>>95398890
Basically irrelevant, even at the beginning. Those versions are important at tge beginning of Rebirth, but then they get merged into continuity and history changes (and it's retarded, because Jurgens wrote it).

Convergence itself is shit (it even has reused pages) , but some of the minis are fun, especially if you liked given period.
>>
>>95398974
This reading order is shit.
>>
File: first.png (516KB, 441x484px) Image search: [Google]
first.png
516KB, 441x484px
>>95398974

I'll trust this reading order. Sometimes, they're too convoluted, but this one seems fine. Thank you so much.

>>95399015

Given your post and the one anon wrote before, I guess I won't check Convergence soon. Thanks, mate.

>>95399028

Care to elaborate?
>>
File: pepe36.png (118KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pepe36.png
118KB, 1200x1200px
>>95398782

>>95398935 is a fucking idiot, large portions of new 52 are essentially unreadable, they are so bad.
If you really want to get a feel for where the universe is at leading up to rebirth read Justice League #1-#52, Batman #1-#52, Aquaman #1-#52, maybe Wonder woman if you like, and the last few arcs of Superman (they're terrible but they set the scene for whats to come

>>95399028
>>95399046
I posted that reading order and at the end of the day, you don't really need a reading order to read comics. There isn't a set reading order the comics have to be read in, the vast vat majority of people only read a few lines, not all of them.

Most of the series are self contained and don't have any bearing on other series, but the obviously some crossover events occur and are a kind of timestamp as two where every is and where they're up to during that cross over.

Most reading orders are dogshit because they are often not needed. The best way to read and catch up is to just dive in and get started. It won't make much of a difference if something mentioned in one panel confuses you, just keep on reading, and when you get up to date on most of the important issues thins will make sense.

(also i mostly use this list to keep track of crossovers, they;re really the only ones ya gotta keep track of)
>>
File: pepe keyboard.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
pepe keyboard.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>95399181

Again, thank you so much for your help.

Truth is, I am another Marvelfag tired of the company shenanigans, so I'm looking for the other half of the capes.
>>
>>95398782
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/23/why-dc-universe-rebirth-is-a-gutsy-work-of-comics-criticism

read this

this is an opinion but it gives context

but to give you a simple answer most/all past stories in the DC universe are canon depending on plot needs, that is the point of rebirth
>>
It's complicated but either Superman or Action comics explains what happened. But basically just imagine that most of the important pre-flashpoint storylines still happened, and all of the n52 happened too. Read DC Rebirth #1, and from there you're sort of set I guess. And I don't want to spoil anything, but if you like the ending of DC Rebirth, read the Flash/Batman crossover, recent detective comics (start with the victims syndicate arc), the first arc of Titans, and Action Comics
>>
It's not a pre-boot but it does bring back pre-New 52 stuff into the New 52. Yes, you can pretty much start from Rebirth #1 and then the solo titles. I think there are still some good stuff in the New 52. Multiversity was great, some of the DCYou titles were good and there's a lot of New 53 that is worth a read like Demon Knights, Animal Man, Swamp Thing and so on.
>>
>>95398782
Basically the Rebirth continuity is that anything you want to be canon, is now canon, and anything you don't is probably not canon.
>>
>>95398782
>Could I just jump into Rebirth titles
for the most part, yes.
>without reading any New 52
this will forever the best thing to do.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.