[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5c AV9KUe_E To sum up the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: joker.jpg (128KB, 1024x706px) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
128KB, 1024x706px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5cAV9KUe_E

To sum up the points of the video

>the joker is not insane
>The joker's portrayed insanity is like a superpower to the character
>this is irresponsible because insanity is really harmful to people

What do you think?
>>
>>95394398
I think we shouldn't give such stupidity as much attention as we do. It's worth neither the time nor the effort to discuss.

Instead, what's your favorite version of the Joker and what's your favorite Joker scene?
>>
>>95394398
Why is The Batman's Joker upside-down? Are they making fun of that awesome show?
>>
>>95394556
BTAS Joker is a great gangster
The Batman Joker is a great loon
>>
>>95394967
loon >>> gangster
There's a reason he (and the other criminals) are in Arkham, and not in actual prison.
>>
>>95394688
I think they're more referencing his introduction.

If I recall right, the first shot of him had him dropping down, hanging from the ceiling like that.

He always struck me as the most physical joker if only because he never stopped moving.
>>
>>95394398
I agree. The Joker is clearly not insane. He's just a sadist. And making an insane super criminal feels kind of exploitative
>>
>>95395016
>He always struck me as the most physical joker if only because he never stopped moving.
His fights with/against Penguin (also more physical in that show) were fucking awesome.
>>
Isn't this one of Alex Ross' personal positions? I've seen multiple things illustrated by him where he talks about how the Joker isn't actually crazy, that he's just a total and complete monster of a human that passes himself off as insane to escape the death penalty.
>>
Why is the Penguin always lumped in with the insane villains? Penguin has his bad traits but he isn't insane like riddler or joker
>>
>>95395519
The video mentions Case Study, but the point is not every comic adheres to that comic
>>
>>95395529
Because he's the only iconic Bat villain who's not crazy, so people sometimes forget that fact. Even the Cat has kleptomania, but Penguin is just a scumbag.
>>
>>95395519

He's not crazy. He's completely aware of his actions and their effects. He's just a monster
>>
>>95395529
>>95395557
It depends on the portrayal, though. In The Batman, Penguin is definitely insane and goes to Arkham, while Batman threatens Catwoman with just prison several times (though IIRC he never actually catches her to carry out said threat).
>>
>>95395557
>Even the Cat has kleptomania

I've always wanted this to resurface as a thing. Everybody forgets that Selina technically has a disorder. If I were writing Catwoman my ideal storyline would be Selina experiencing some event that kicks her kleptomania into overdrive. It would be something that causes her to just steal impulsively, no matter where she is. The end result would be her getting caught and thrown into Arkham. Catwoman NEVER goes to Arkham, so I feel like her finally being sent there could make for a good story. I'm intrigued by the idea of Selina being in there with the crazies.
>>
What a surprise, /co misses the point of a cricism
>>
How do you extinguish between legitimate fans and trolls?
>>
>>95395851
What a surprise, snarky poster doesn't know how to spell /co/
>>
>>95395882
>extinguish
I laughed at this for a full minute, no fucking joke.
>>
>>95395816
How is it fair for her to go to Arkham and not Batman himself? I mean yeah Bats is on the right side of the law unless we're talking The Batman season 1 or 2 but OTOH his disorder(s) seem much more severe.
>>
File: penguin natural order.jpg (2MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
penguin natural order.jpg
2MB, 1920x2951px
>>95395529
Because there is a general assumption that all or most Batman villains have to be insane when that's not really true, and since Penguin is one of the most iconic with madmen like Joker or Two-Face, people forget he's actually not crazy.
Oswald is the middle point between the more ordinary gangsters and criminal masterminds Batman fights, and the insane freaks. He's not ordinary and human enough to fit in with normal people and conduct ordinary crimes, but he's not insane and detached enough to join the madhouse and laugh his problems away.

>even the Cat has kleptomania
If we can consider Catwoman's "kleptomania" as a legitimate reason to consider her crazy then we can easily point to Oswald's massive Napoleon complex, overriding bird-fixation, inability to trust/connect with people and murderous fits of explosive and random rage just the same.
>>
>>95395495
He is about as insane as the super heroes he faces are sane.
>>
>>95394398
2nd from right?
>>
File: batman-the-animated-series-3.jpg (303KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
batman-the-animated-series-3.jpg
303KB, 1680x1050px
>>95395982
>I mean yeah Bats is on the right side of the law

Well that's the thing, isn't it? The thing that separates Batman from his villains is his commitment to justice and truth. His mania steers him into goodness instead of evil. Any of Batman's villains could become good, but they won't. And Batman could become evil, but he won't. It's all down to their obsessions. All of Batman's villains ultimately obsess over petty things, things like possessions or revenge or certain people. Batman obsesses over justice, which is something that can't just be obtained in a caper. He has to keep seeking after it, and that's what he chooses to do.
>>
I liked it better when he just was a clown themed super villain and not a mass murderer
>>
>>95396168
But that's not the point, I'm just talking about the mental disorder aspect of it. Batman could really use a psychologist to help him out, and no I don't necessarily mean dropping the whole Batman thing.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.