[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Ren and Stimpy is still a dead franchise with nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Ren++Stimpy.jpg (124KB, 430x387px) Image search: [Google]
Ren++Stimpy.jpg
124KB, 430x387px
How come Ren and Stimpy is still a dead franchise with nothing new happening? It was the ONLY good Nickelodeon cartoon because it resembled the classic theatrical cartoons
>>
Shouldn't you be finishing Cans Without Labels, John?
>>
File: jdyel.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
jdyel.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
>How come Ren and Stimpy is still a dead franchise with nothing new happening
Because:
- John K left the original show on awful terms, so they couldn't get him back
- his replacements couldn't do the show the same way he did, so it changed and became a gross-out comedy show instead of a "psychodrama" comedy show
- once the wounds healed, John K was invited to make an adult spinoff, Adult Party Cartoon, which bombed hard. If I'm being charitable, I'd say John K deliberately fucked it up to hurt Viacom. More likely, though, he just fucked it up.
- Viacom doesn't want to touch Ren & Stimpy any more because Adult Party Cartoon ruined whatever appeal Ren & Stimpy still had

Now even if all of the above weren't the case:
- full animation is expensive as fuck, and takes a fucking long time to finish
- there are far more marketable characters that Viacom can use (see: Rocko)
>>
im sure that despite the damage that spinoff did to the brand
that viacom could bring it back any time they want
if anything, most cartoons now adays are 'worse' in terms of grossout shit than ren and stimpy ever were
>>
Even in today's political climate, two characters in an abusive gay relationship that's played for laughs is a little much
>>
>>95375891
R&S on TNN/Spike could've succeeded if...

1. They didn't overdo the adult content and just treated it like the original show with slightly less censorship (like Samurai Jack).

2. They kept the 7-11 min. format. Seriously, Firedogs 2 being a two-parter?
>>
>>95375891
Adult Party got cancelled because of the janet jackson nip slip
>>
>>95376663
>Adult Party got cancelled because of the janet jackson nip slip
What. The entire Spike animation block was removed... Did Janet Jackson's nipple erase an entire programming block?
>>
>>95375701
They brought it back in 2004 and it was complete shit. No one ever wanted to see John K or anyone else attempt that ever again.

Plus the group that made the later episodes after John K left went on to make Spongebob which has largely the same jokes and style to it.
>>
>>95375701
>you
>>
>>95375701
>How come Ren and Stimpy is still a dead franchise with nothing new happening?
John K.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.